Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey Is Safe but Never Dull

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Journey Is Safe but Never Dull
By Brett Callwood

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

http://www.westword.com/music/journey-i ... ll-8144426
-read fill article

The keys man can’t wait to get back to Colorado before heading off to Asia and Europe with Journey. :shock: He’s sure an album will pop up at some stage, but until then, he’s got his solo work and also a book of his memoirs to work on.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Journey Is Safe but Never Dull

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:20 am

tater1977 wrote:Journey Is Safe but Never Dull
By Brett Callwood

-read fill article

The keys man can’t wait to get back to Colorado before heading off to Asia and Europe with Journey. :shock: He’s sure an album will pop up at some stage, but until then, he’s got his solo work and also a book of his memoirs to work on.

Oh man I would LOVE to read his memoirs. I hope he puts that together.

Side note: Look forward to another solo project from Neal too. I'm amazed he can do all of these things after just losing his mom. Work can be a good distraction, I hope it makes him feel better. Prayers for Neal and his family.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:06 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:
By Brett Callwood

-read fill article

Side note: Look forward to another solo project from Neal too. I'm amazed he can do all of these things after just losing his mom. Work can be a good distraction, I hope it makes him feel better. Prayers for Neal and his family.

I've read the memoir. It's very interesting, but largely not about Journey.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:42 am

FamilyMan wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:
By Brett Callwood

-read fill article

Cain has said his memoirs is more about his childhood and growing up in Chicago to moving to LA and his music
up till about the time he joined Journey. Not much Journey in it.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:46 am

tater1977 wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:

Cain has said his memoirs is more about his childhood and growing up in Chicago to moving to LA and his music

Sorry, typo. I meant to say: "Oh man I would LOVE to read NEAL'S memoirs." :lol: :lol: :lol:
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:59 am

When your airplane's windshield shatters ...

Jonathan Cain Music FB
1 hr ·

When the enemy comes to destroy and steal your joy.

https://www.facebook.com/jonathancainmusic/?fref=nf

Travis Thibodaux FB

14063997_10208243504543980_3303877536342067634_n.jpg
14063997_10208243504543980_3303877536342067634_n.jpg (74.96 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tj » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:07 am

tater1977 wrote:

Probably somewhat influenced to some extent by non-disclosure agreements signed when Perry left.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:01 pm

tater1977 wrote:When your airplane's windshield shatters ...

Jonathan Cain Music FB
1 hr ·

Travis Thibodaux FB

He had quite a lot to say about their close call on FB. He looked pretty shaken up by the whole thing. Must have been pretty scary for them all :(
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Jonathan Cain Music FB
1 hr ·

Travis Thibodaux FB

Wow. That looks nutz.

Who's the "enemy" they're referring to? Did Perry throw a rock from the runway? :lol:
Last edited by STORY_TELLER on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:43 pm

STORY_TELLER wrote:

Jonathan Cain Music FB
1 hr ·

Travis Thibodaux FB

Wow. That looks nutz.

Who's the "enemy" they're referring to? Did Perry throw a rock from the runway? :lol:

:lol: :roll: :D. He has been called many things over the years, but I don't think "Satan" has been one of them!!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:51 pm

perryfan61 wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:
Wow. That looks nutz.

:lol: :roll: :D. He has been called many things over the years, but I don't think "Satan" has been one of them!!

I think Neal and Herbie need to chime in on this one! :lol: :lol: :lol: (totally kidding)

In all seriousness, that looks like it was pretty harrowing. I'm sure thoughts of Buddy Holly had to be running through their heads the entire time. Glad they're safe.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:42 pm

[/quote="STORY_TELLER"]

Side note: Look forward to another solo project from Neal too. I'm amazed he can do all of these things after just losing his mom. Work can be a good distraction, I hope it makes him feel better. Prayers for Neal and his family.[/quote]

Sorry, typo. I meant to say: "Oh man I would LOVE to read NEAL'S memoirs." :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Neal Schon's FB -

ns fb4.jpg
ns fb4.jpg (45.75 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:29 am

Thank Tater! Put me on the pre-order list! That will be a fantastic read.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:38 am

For those that like the City of Hope trax ...

Grassart Christian @ChristGrassart

Amazing San Francisco "Golden Gate Bridge" @JourneyOfficial music @stevesmithdrums

https://twitter.com/ChristGrassart/stat ... 9719894017
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby PianoMan1986 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:57 pm

FamilyMan wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:
By Brett Callwood

-read fill article

He's writing his memoirs, but you've already read it?
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:42 am

He's writing his memoirs, but you've already read it?[/quote]

When I was with the band for the last CBS piece I produced, Jon shared with me his latest version of the manuscript which was being edited while he was looking for a publisher. His life has changed so much since then, I suspect there's a whole new chapter - if not several - he is writing.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby PianoMan1986 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:05 pm

FamilyMan wrote:He's writing his memoirs, but you've already read it?

When I was with the band for the last CBS piece I produced, Jon shared with me his latest version of the manuscript which was being edited while he was looking for a publisher. His life has changed so much since then, I suspect there's a whole new chapter - if not several - he is writing.[/quote]

That's cool you were able to preview it even if it's going through further revisions.
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:18 pm

FamilyMan wrote:When I was with the band for the last CBS piece I produced, Jon shared with me his latest version of the manuscript which was being edited while he was looking for a publisher. His life has changed so much since then, I suspect there's a whole new chapter - if not several - he is writing.

I would be interested in reading it if I could be sure I'd be reading about his history and experiences in music -- both in Journey and elsewhere -- but if its a veiled attempt to talk about his spirituality, then I'll pass. I'm interested in hearing about his life as a musician only.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:52 pm

STORY_TELLER wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:When I was with the band for the last CBS piece I produced, Jon shared with me his latest version of the manuscript which was being edited while he was looking for a publisher. His life has changed so much since then, I suspect there's a whole new chapter - if not several - he is writing.

I would be interested in reading it if I could be sure I'd be reading about his history and experiences in music -- both in Journey and elsewhere -- but if its a veiled attempt to talk about his spirituality, then I'll pass. I'm interested in hearing about his life as a musician only.

I suspect Jon's faith is one in which it would not veiled at all. He's not shy about discussing his beliefs.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:54 am

Memorex wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:

I suspect Jon's faith is one in which it would not veiled at all. He's not shy about discussing his beliefs.

By veiled I mean, on the cover and jacket blurb it promotes him as the keyboardist/songwriter for Journey but he takes every advantage to insert his spirituality and belief system wherever he can throughout the book. Readers should know what they're paying for in advance of buying.

Not denying him his right to believe how he sees fit or talk about it whenever and wherever he wants, but I want to know what I'm getting into before I buy it. I'm really not interested in being preached to. I want to read about his music career. That's it (for me).
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:34 am

Journey IS safe AND dull.

Much like every other legacy band but that is understandable.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:31 am

Journey should do at least one concert a year with an evening with Journey, and play 30 songs, 15 hits, 15 deep cuts.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby MysteryMountain » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:28 am

scarab wrote:Journey should do at least one concert a year with an evening with Journey, and play 30 songs, 15 hits, 15 deep cuts.

Someone posted you could almost do a timeline show with various singers too. I'd pay to see that.

So what would your 15 "deep cuts" be, assuming the 13-15ish 'greatest hits' are the other 15.

Khoutek
Mystery Mountain
Of A Lifetime
Look Into The Future
Midnight Dreamer
Next
People
I Would Find You
Patiently
Opened The Door (this has got play more recently)
Daydream
People & Places
Someday Soon (never to my knowledge in concert)
Precious Time
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Postby DracIsBack » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:31 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:I think Neal and Herbie need to chime in on this one! :lol: :lol: :lol: (totally kidding)

Herbie is too busy thinking of ways to tell everyone how wonderful Herbie Herbert is ...
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 am

DracIsBack wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:I think Neal and Herbie need to chime in on this one! :lol: :lol: :lol: (totally kidding)

Herbie is too busy thinking of ways to tell everyone how wonderful Herbie Herbert is ...

I see he was at the big concert yesterday. Neal talked about him on stage, apparently. He's lost a lot of weight, that's for sure!
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:48 am

perryfan61 wrote:I see he was at the big concert yesterday. Neal talked about him on stage, apparently. He's lost a lot of weight, that's for sure!

Indeed. I didn't even recognize him. Hopefully it's a healthy weight loss. Not something born out of illness, ala Peter Jackson (lotr director).
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:04 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:I see he was at the big concert yesterday. Neal talked about him on stage, apparently. He's lost a lot of weight, that's for sure!

Indeed. I didn't even recognize him. Hopefully it's a healthy weight loss. Not something born out of illness, ala Peter Jackson (lotr director).

I didn't realize Peter Jackson was sick, couldn't find anything about it. Hope it's not serious.
perryfan61
8 Track

Return to Journey