We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to bottom

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to bottom

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:47 pm

Neal schon's FB

Kiyoshi - Neal, I strongly hope you will come to Japan and let us show your incredible guitar playing‼️

August 22

Neal Schon

August 22

Neal Schon - February for Mr UDOs 50th celebration.
We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to bottom with added segs.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby STORY_TELLER » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:03 am

Oh man, why didn't they do this here?? I would have loved to see that happen at the Irvine show... :x :x :x

ANSWERING MY OWN QUESTION:
I'm guessing it's because the stateside shows have shorter set lists to fit Dave Mason and the Doobies.

Neal, you need to bring Journey back to the House of Blues like you did in '05 for the Walk of Fame celebration concert. A one night performance of deep catalog cuts or full album performance at an intimate venue for the hard core fans. Pull in a surprise guest or two for a walk on to perform a cover of a Zeppelin tune or something (Sammy Hagar, John Waite, etc.).

Yes, I'm dreaming. Sigh...
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:26 am

NS's FB -

Isaac - Now where are you touring next year?


Neal Schon - All I know at this point is Asia and Vegas but will add .
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:00 am

tater1977 wrote:NS's FB -

Isaac - Now where are you touring next year?


Neal Schon - All I know at this point is Asia and Vegas but will add .


Journey needs to think about taking Summer 2017 off to record new album (with Steve Smith!) And then tour USA in the fall at basketball arenas. I am NOT just saying this because it was super hot this summer at the Journey concert. "An Evening With Journey" would be nice.
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:36 am

JourneyHard wrote:
tater1977 wrote:NS's FB -

Isaac - Now where are you touring next year?


Neal Schon - All I know at this point is Asia and Vegas but will add .


Journey needs to think about taking Summer 2017 off to record new album (with Steve Smith!) And then tour USA in the fall at basketball arenas. I am NOT just saying this because it was super hot this summer at the Journey concert. "An Evening With Journey" would be nice.



Agreed!!!

Journey are long overdue for a new album. And I miss seeing Journey play in an arena. The place that they have been playing the last 15 years when they come to Cleveland is a nice venue, (It's an outdoor venue) but I'm positively sick of the traffic jams leaving the place. Also if it's in the summer it gets too hot and humid, and if it's in September it sometimes gets too cold.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby steveo777 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:15 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:
tater1977 wrote:NS's FB -

Isaac - Now where are you touring next year?


Neal Schon - All I know at this point is Asia and Vegas but will add .


Journey needs to think about taking Summer 2017 off to record new album (with Steve Smith!) And then tour USA in the fall at basketball arenas. I am NOT just saying this because it was super hot this summer at the Journey concert. "An Evening With Journey" would be nice.



Agreed!!!

Journey are long overdue for a new album. And I miss seeing Journey play in an arena. The place that they have been playing the last 15 years when they come to Cleveland is a nice venue, (It's an outdoor venue) but I'm positively sick of the traffic jams leaving the place. Also if it's in the summer it gets too hot and humid, and if it's in September it sometimes gets too cold.


Journey will not be producing a new album. Cain just isn't into it and he and Neal don't seem to be in much agreement of what a new album would sound like, anyway. The motivation just doesn't seem to be there, at least on JC's part. I have a hunch, and it's only a hunch, but I think Cain exits the band after this tour. His life is going in a new direction, with his new marriage to Paula White. He seems to be inspired to make his Christian music, more than anything with Journey. Maybe a new album will come later, after Cain is replaced, if the chemistry to write is there.
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby scarab » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:11 am

will be very cool to hear Troubled Child live.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby Archetype » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:50 am

scarab wrote:will be very cool to hear Troubled Child live.


I came here to post this.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:03 am

If Jon bows out gracefully after this tour, this might be Neal's chance to make an album with Ozzy Osbourne, and they could call it, "Journey to Oz." :D

I'm half-joking and half-serious. It would be cool. This could get some radio play for Neal with Ozzy on board. You keep everybody else in Journey including Arnel, and they could do duets and stuff. Come on. It is a great idea!
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby Archetype » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:40 am

JourneyHard wrote:If Jon bows out gracefully after this tour, this might be Neal's chance to make an album with Ozzy Osbourne, and they could call it, "Journey to Oz." :D

I'm half-joking and half-serious. It would be cool. This could get some radio play for Neal with Ozzy on board. You keep everybody else in Journey including Arnel, and they could do duets and stuff. Come on. It is a great idea!


Years ago I seem to remember hearing an Ozzy song with Neal on guitar. Sounded awesome.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby Moonglow » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:10 am

steveo777 wrote:....I have a hunch, and it's only a hunch, but I think Cain exits the band after this tour. His life is going in a new direction, with his new marriage to Paula White. He seems to be inspired to make his Christian music, more than anything with Journey. Maybe a new album will come later, after Cain is replaced, if the chemistry to write is there.

I share your hunch. I'm wondering if the inclusion of keyboard player/vocalist, Travis Thibodaux, represents the beginning of his transition into Jon's chair.
Moonglow
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby scarab » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:04 am

I really think it is more a loss of the background vocals of Deen.
He did do a decent job with lead on Mother Father but they quickly dropped it. Maybe after 1-2 times?
I am sure he will get more shots at leads on a Escape/Frontiers tour, as Deen frequently did After the Fall, Still they Ride, and MF.

But one thing about a tour like there will no room for anything from Augeris/Pinedas era, let alone anything new.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: We will play both ESCAPE and FRONTIERS from top to botto

Postby lparn » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Would love to see a new cd along the lines of revelation and escap
I agree on the arena shows except I think in areas without arenas that kind of limits venues they could play
Also would love to see a rethinking of the live Nation packages
I thought for what they offered and the prices they could have offered more
Escape/frontiers only is cool I think I would miss anyway you want it and lights
lparn
45 RPM
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:39 am


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests