DASPUDSTER77

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

DASPUDSTER77

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:29 am

This individual posts Journey and Perry bootlegs to YouTube all the time. He has access to a seemingly endless amount of Perry era Journey recordings. Some sound like they were recorded from the stands, but other stuff sounds like it came the soundboards.

Does anyone know who he is and why he'd have so much stuff? I'm guessing he was a roadie or someone associated with the tour crew during their heyday?
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby MysteryMountain » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:46 am

I won't speak for Daspudster, and I don't know where the bulk of the shows originated from (thank you to whomever!!), but I have a ton of Journey bootlegs from pre Perry to Perry. I used to use a message board called Guitars101 Forum. I was probably late to that board, and as I said, they probably originated long before that board on cassette, but they're not that difficult to find, and you're right, some of them (a Chicago show - I forget the title, but its the first one I downloaded and it's almost as good if not better than the produced & label released Captured album, and includes stuff not on Captured like Opened the Door & Next) are almost flawlessly recorded from an FM broadcast, while other stuff is noticeably crowd recordings or bad sound board overly duplicated stuff. That Chicago show (Evolution Tour) & there's a real solid Houston show from the Departure tour that's just as good & includes Precious Time & People & Places (like that video/Japan show setlist, very comparable). Some stuff is bad, but, just to have a show pre-perry Next Tour, or, even before that is just awesome to listen to. Long story short, THANK YOU whomever originally recorded this stuff & made it public.
User avatar
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:40 am

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:53 am

I subscribe to his posts, he does have a lot of interesting stuff. I wonder if he is on this forum somewhere?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:16 am

MysteryMountain wrote:I won't speak for Daspudster, and I don't know where the bulk of the shows originated from (thank you to whomever!!), but I have a ton of Journey bootlegs from pre Perry to Perry. I used to use a message board called Guitars101 Forum. I was probably late to that board, and as I said, they probably originated long before that board on cassette, but they're not that difficult to find, and you're right, some of them (a Chicago show - I forget the title, but its the first one I downloaded and it's almost as good if not better than the produced & label released Captured album, and includes stuff not on Captured like Opened the Door & Next) are almost flawlessly recorded from an FM broadcast, while other stuff is noticeably crowd recordings or bad sound board overly duplicated stuff. That Chicago show (Evolution Tour) & there's a real solid Houston show from the Departure tour that's just as good & includes Precious Time & People & Places (like that video/Japan show setlist, very comparable). Some stuff is bad, but, just to have a show pre-perry Next Tour, or, even before that is just awesome to listen to. Long story short, THANK YOU whomever originally recorded this stuff & made it public.


Ahhhh... good point there. Didn't occur to me that he might have collected it from bootleg groups. I'd be happy to buy it as a large one-off rarities collection from the band, but they aren't putting it out for us. So yes, a HUGE thank you for doing this for us.
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby MysteryMountain » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 am

perryfan61 wrote:I subscribe to his posts, he does have a lot of interesting stuff. I wonder if he is on this forum somewhere?


I know there is a "Tater1977" that posts here... spud being slang for potato with the 77 at the end, "DaSpudster77"... just a guess, but makes sense to me.
User avatar
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:40 am

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:08 am

MysteryMountain wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:I subscribe to his posts, he does have a lot of interesting stuff. I wonder if he is on this forum somewhere?


I know there is a "Tater1977" that posts here... spud being slang for potato with the 77 at the end, "DaSpudster77"... just a guess, but makes sense to me.


Now THAT is an interesting theory!

THE GAME IS AFOOT!!! Lets break it down, shall we?

Tater. Spudster. Both are huge Journey/Perry fans. Tater has time to track down every Perry and Journey tidbit on the internet. Spudster spends lots of time making videos. Both have lots of free time so they must be independently wealthy...

Maybe their real last names are Ore Ida!!! Heir to the Heinz family potato fortune! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-- ahem -- :D

Big fan of them both. Tater is always finding cool Journey related stuff for us to discuss. Rock on Tater. 8) :wink: And if you are also Daspudster, well... rock on dude! Take a bow!
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:48 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:
MysteryMountain wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:I subscribe to his posts, he does have a lot of interesting stuff. I wonder if he is on this forum somewhere?


I know there is a "Tater1977" that posts here... spud being slang for potato with the 77 at the end, "DaSpudster77"... just a guess, but makes sense to me.


Now THAT is an interesting theory!

THE GAME IS AFOOT!!! Lets break it down, shall we?

Tater. Spudster. Both are huge Journey/Perry fans. Tater has time to track down every Perry and Journey tidbit on the internet. Spudster spends lots of time making videos. Both have lots of free time so they must be independently wealthy...

Maybe their real last names are Ore Ida!!! Heir to the Heinz family potato fortune! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-- ahem -- :D

Big fan of them both. Tater is always finding cool Journey related stuff for us to discuss. Rock on Tater. 8) :wink: And if you are also Daspudster, well... rock on dude! Take a bow!


Maybe he/they could take some of those boots and make some mash-ups. See what I did there?
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby palabrajot » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:51 am

These are the ones I've collected over the years. They weren't that hard to find, back in the day.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (134.65 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
palabrajot
Fresh Air
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:23 am
Location: Ohio

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:03 am

Memorex wrote:Maybe he/they could take some of those boots and make some mash-ups. See what I did there?



Dude, I LOVE what you did there. lol...
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:04 am

palabrajot wrote:These are the ones I've collected over the years. They weren't that hard to find, back in the day.



Oh, lucky SOB! That's a great collection. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ENVY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby palabrajot » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:16 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:Oh, lucky SOB! That's a great collection. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ENVY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


When you're OCD and you learn there are boots of your favorite band, you hunt. And hunt.
palabrajot
Fresh Air
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:23 am
Location: Ohio

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:00 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:
MysteryMountain wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:I subscribe to his posts, he does have a lot of interesting stuff. I wonder if he is on this forum somewhere?


I know there is a "Tater1977" that posts here... spud being slang for potato with the 77 at the end, "DaSpudster77"... just a guess, but makes sense to me.


Now THAT is an interesting theory!

THE GAME IS AFOOT!!! Lets break it down, shall we?

Tater. Spudster. Both are huge Journey/Perry fans. Tater has time to track down every Perry and Journey tidbit on the internet. Spudster spends lots of time making videos. Both have lots of free time so they must be independently wealthy...

Maybe their real last names are Ore Ida!!! Heir to the Heinz family potato fortune! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-- ahem -- :D

Big fan of them both. Tater is always finding cool Journey related stuff for us to discuss. Rock on Tater. 8) :wink: And if you are also Daspudster, well... rock on dude! Take a bow!


Seems someone has asked our "tater1977" if he is "daspudster", and he denied being so. I admire them both for their dedication to the legacy of SP, and if they aren't one and the same, it is a rare coincidence!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:12 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:
palabrajot wrote:These are the ones I've collected over the years. They weren't that hard to find, back in the day.



Oh, lucky SOB! That's a great collection. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ENVY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Quite a collection. Wow.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby annie89509 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:03 pm

I asked Tater here if he/she was Daspudter on YT for just the same logic mentioned above. No ... not the same person.
Back in 2005 ... I got hooked on SP/Journey & all the drama ... spent a fortune in time/money buying/trading/copying bootlegs. Have accumulated a sizeable collection that I hardly ever touch anymore. But, I sure there are a lot of Journey geeks who have just as much stuff as me. I imagine, someday, I will give it all (3 full boxes) to someone :lol:
User avatar
annie89509
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:55 am
Location: the big 5-8

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:34 pm

annie89509 wrote:I asked Tater here if he/she was Daspudter on YT for just the same logic mentioned above. No ... not the same person.
Back in 2005 ... I got hooked on SP/Journey & all the drama ... spent a fortune in time/money buying/trading/copying bootlegs. Have accumulated a sizeable collection that I hardly ever touch anymore. But, I sure there are a lot of Journey geeks who have just as much stuff as me. I imagine, someday, I will give it all (3 full boxes) to someone :lol:


Can I get in line for that? :o :lol:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:59 pm

perryfan61 wrote:
annie89509 wrote:I asked Tater here if he/she was Daspudter on YT for just the same logic mentioned above. No ... not the same person.
Back in 2005 ... I got hooked on SP/Journey & all the drama ... spent a fortune in time/money buying/trading/copying bootlegs. Have accumulated a sizeable collection that I hardly ever touch anymore. But, I sure there are a lot of Journey geeks who have just as much stuff as me. I imagine, someday, I will give it all (3 full boxes) to someone :lol:


Can I get in line for that? :o :lol:


Hey! HEY! I started this thread and this line of insanity -- ummmm -- discussion! That gives me dibs! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sigh -- well -- that was fun while it lasted. At least we have a partial answer: Tater is not Daspudster -- or so he claims -- things that make you go "hmmmmm....." ( kidding -- I kid -- I make funny joke haha -- :lol: :lol: :lol: )
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby steveo777 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:54 pm

MysteryMountain wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:I subscribe to his posts, he does have a lot of interesting stuff. I wonder if he is on this forum somewhere?


I know there is a "Tater1977" that posts here... spud being slang for potato with the 77 at the end, "DaSpudster77"... just a guess, but makes sense to me.


You don't simply tug on Superman's cape, or ask Batman to remove his mask! You got what you deserved...nothing. ;)
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:37 pm

steveo777 wrote:
MysteryMountain wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:I subscribe to his posts, he does have a lot of interesting stuff. I wonder if he is on this forum somewhere?


I know there is a "Tater1977" that posts here... spud being slang for potato with the 77 at the end, "DaSpudster77"... just a guess, but makes sense to me.


You don't simply tug on Superman's cape, or ask Batman to remove his mask! You got what you deserved...nothing. ;)


I thought it was: You don't tug on superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger, and you don't mess around with Tater/DaSpudster.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby steveo777 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Sometimes you eat the dippin' dots, sometimes you connect them. :mrgreen:
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby Archetype » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:52 am

I'm just sitting here waiting for someone to get their hands on pro-shot Frontiers tour material and the footage from the 2005 Generations tour that was recorded in Texas for a DVD that never got released.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:15 am

steveo777 wrote:
MysteryMountain wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:I subscribe to his posts, he does have a lot of interesting stuff. I wonder if he is on this forum somewhere?


I know there is a "Tater1977" that posts here... spud being slang for potato with the 77 at the end, "DaSpudster77"... just a guess, but makes sense to me.


You don't simply tug on Superman's cape, or ask Batman to remove his mask! You got what you deserved...nothing. ;)


Shouldn't it be "you don't grab Clark Kent's glasses"?
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby rockphantom » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:20 am

Please visit The Dixie Highway for ratio free lossless downloads of countless unofficial Journey/Steve Perry live recordings.

http://www.dixiehighway.rocks/index.php

Enjoy!
rockphantom
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:33 am
Location: Arlington, TX

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:41 am

rockphantom wrote:Please visit The Dixie Highway for ratio free lossless downloads of countless unofficial Journey/Steve Perry live recordings.

http://www.dixiehighway.rocks/index.php

Enjoy!


Well well...thank you very much for the link. I can see I will have to free up some time!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: DASPUDSTER77

Postby palabrajot » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:44 am

rockphantom wrote:Please visit The Dixie Highway for ratio free lossless downloads of countless unofficial Journey/Steve Perry live recordings.
Enjoy!


Dear Lord...
palabrajot
Fresh Air
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:23 am
Location: Ohio


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests