Journey SF Fest @ AT&T Park

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Journey SF Fest @ AT&T Park

Postby Lora » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:11 am

Recent interview with Michael Shrieve - http://bestclassicbands.com/santana-dru ... w-9-14-16/

So will “Santana IV” hit the road again?

“There are no plans,” says Shrieve, “not that I know of. It’s up to Carlos. There was supposed to be some gigs with Journey and there was one two days ago at the Forum in L.A. and there was a big one at [San Francisco’s] AT&T Park and we were supposed to be on that but Carlos just opted to go with his regular band. I don’t know what the reason is and there hasn’t been much communication.”

It baffles Shrieve. The album went Top 10, the dates they did play went well and the DVD is on the way. And, let’s face it, even best-selling records barely sell a fraction of what they used to and musicians make their money touring.

“The record’s done fairly well,” says Shrieve. “I can’t hide the fact that I’m disappointed that we didn’t go out.”

Shrieve isn’t sure if the door is open or closed on Santana IV. “The thing is, I don’t know and it’s a little bit odd, I must say. There was a big buildup and it was a good experience playing with the guys again at Madison Square Garden and the other dates and then … nothing. I don’t know quite what to equate it with, but it was like a big buildup and then it was gone.”
Lora
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:15 am

Sounds like it's Carlos that is holding things up, and from a recent interview, he doesn't want to split any profits evenly between the members. You have to wonder what is going on with him.

To pull the plug on a successful CD and a tour that started off well..... who knows what's motivating him.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:51 pm

perryfan61 wrote:Sounds like it's Carlos that is holding things up, and from a recent interview, he doesn't want to split any profits evenly between the members. You have to wonder what is going on with him.

To pull the plug on a successful CD and a tour that started off well..... who knows what's motivating him.

The last time Carlos made real money was when Supernatural came out (1999-ish?). Music sales are dead. His band doesn't pull in big numbers on tour. This is probably the last sizeable payday he can expect to see for a long time, so he probably wants the lion's share. That's my guess, anyway...
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:05 am

This whole tour seemed a little off to me from the start. The fact that Neal was hardly on stage for the Santana set was weird. Then you had no cameos at all from Rolie in the Journey set. Seems like a lot of strong personalities that can't agree to some basic "no brainers" that appeal to the fans. With all due respect to Carlos, his band - absent the reunion of original members - is not a draw to most people.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Previous

Return to Journey