Jonathan Cain FB

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Jonathan Cain FB

Postby tater1977 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Jonathan Cain Music FB

Update from Barbados! Lots going on... including a free song on my new website: http://www.jonathancainmusic.com.

https://www.facebook.com/jonathancainmusic/?fref=nf

- 4.52 - 3.50 mark

His memoirs he's been working on will be out next year.
Titled ' Don't Stop Believin ' .
His story told thru Journey songs. The title of each chapter will be a Journey song
as a flashback of his life.
Coming of age story, people wanted more Journey in there, so gonna try and do both.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Jonathan Cain FB

Postby STORY_TELLER » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:13 am

tater1977 wrote:Jonathan Cain Music FB

Update from Barbados! Lots going on... including a free song on my new website: http://www.jonathancainmusic.com.

https://www.facebook.com/jonathancainmusic/?fref=nf

- 4.52 - 3.50 mark

His memoirs he's been working on will be out next year.
Titled ' Don't Stop Believin ' .
His story told thru Journey songs. The title of each chapter will be a Journey song
as a flashback of his life.
Coming of age story, people wanted more Journey in there, so gonna try and do both.

Interesting. I could see that working, because a number of those songs were written based on ideas that were going on in his life at the time. Faithfully comes to mind. I'm hoping for a great deal of behind the scenes stories of his life in music.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Journey’s Jonathan Cain Set to Release “What God Wants to Hear” Oct. 21 (Video)

Posted by ucnwp-admin On September 13, 2016

http://urbanchristiannews.com/2016/09/j ... ar-oct-21/

- to read full article

Free Song Download Available Now At JonathanCainMusic.com

Jonathan Cain, longtime keyboardist and rhythm guitarist in Journey, co-writer of the No. 1 digital catalog song in history, “Don’t Stop Believin’,” as well as writer of “Faithfully” and co-writer of “Who’s Crying Now,” “Open Arms” and many more international hit songs, will release his solo album, What God Wants to Hear, Oct. 21 on Identity Records with The Fuel Music distribution...

The full Jonathan Cain, What God Wants to Hear track listing follows:

01) “Deeper Than Deep”
02) “Bold In Prayer”
03) “Rush Into Me”
04) “Have Your Way With Us”
05) “In Your Waters”
06) “What God Wants To Hear”
07) “Sanctify Segue”
08) “Sanctify”
09) “Fall Into You”
10) “This House”
11) “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You”
12) “Why I Breathe”
13) “Because The Blood”
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:44 pm

JONATHAN CAIN MUSIC

http://jonathancainmusic.com/about/

ABOUT -

Jonathan Cain, longtime keyboardist and rhythm guitarist in Journey, is no stranger to writing songs about belief. He helped co-write “Don’t Stop Believin’”, one of the bestselling hits of all time. Now on his new Christian album, What God Wants to Hear, Jonathan shares personal songs about his faith journey.

“This is a small way of giving back what the Lord has given me over the years,” Jonathan says. “As a result of the Lord blessing me and blessing Journey, this is my offering back to him.”

God has been guiding Jonathan’s path since his childhood days in Chicago. This started when, at a young age and part of the Gregorian boy choir, he wanted to be a priest. His faith was challenged after he survived a horrific fire in third grade at his school, Our Lady of the Angels School. 92 of his fellow students along with 3 nuns died that day. Jonathan would find healing and salvation in music. And it would be music that would eventually bring him back to God. It would be, aptly put, quite a long journey.

At the age of eight Jonathan began accordion lessons, and by the time he was in his teens he was playing accordion and piano at parties and in clubs. His local church, Saint Maria Goretti, asked him to play pipe organ on Sunday services.

After attending the Chicago Conservatory of Music at Roosevelt University, he relocated to Los Angeles’ Laurel Canyon in the 70’s. Jonathan signed with Bearsville Records as a solo artist, which led to an overlooked debut, Windy City Breakdown, in 1977.

Cain then joined the UK power pop outfit the Babys in 1978, playing on Union Jacks and On The Edge. It was during the 1980 Journey tour where The Babys opened up for them that he was spotted by Journey’s manager, Herbie Herbert, as a natural replacement for the then departing Gregg Rolie. He joined Journey early in 1981.

A run of hit albums and singles followed, many of which Cain co-penned, including ‘Who’s Crying Now’, ‘Don’t Stop Believin’’, ‘Faithfully’ and the quintessential power ballad, ‘Open Arms’. When he wasn’t working with Journey, he was producing albums as well and recording his own, such as 2001’s Anthology.

With the eventual departure of Journey’s lead singer, Steve Perry, a long band hiatus, and the band discovering not one but two singers to follow in big shoes, Jonathan weathered professional and personal storms.

“Sometimes God will give you exactly what you wanted to show you it’s not at all what you needed,” Jonathan says.

After two failed marriages, his band breaking apart, and doors to the music industry starting to close, Jonathan found himself lost—literally and figuratively–on a stretch of road in Florida and eventually cried out to his Heavenly Father.

“I was so empty I no longer recognized myself,” Jonathan says. “But that’s what God wants—to empty you out so you can return to him.”

The opening lyrics to “Rush Into Me” sum up this moment:

“I’ve wasted so much time without you in my life

But you knew, Lord, what was to come.

On a broken street of dreams you chose to save my soul

Felt the arrow pierce, the healing had begun.”

Jonathan’s return to his faith coincided with discovering love and healing through Pastor Paula White, senior Pastor of New Destiny Christian Center in Orlando, Florida. They married in April, 2015.

Jonathan found a new joy in his music after helping to lead a praise and worship time at his wife’s annual women’s conference. Paula asked him if would lead the worship, so Jonathan found some songs and learned them. Not only was he blessed but others were as well, including Paula.

“I never heard him sing like this,” Paula says. “Something had shifted in him.”

After constant encouragement to do a Christian album, Jonathan simply asked one question. “What does God want to hear from me?” And he asked God to show him. Soon week after week, the songs inside of Jonathan’s soul began to pour out. A sermon would provide inspiration for a song. Something a pastor might say would turn into one.

“I’ve always been seeking out songs since I was young,” Jonathan says. “I never had any idea how rich the Bible was with imagery. I got lost in it.”

Writing these songs reminded Jonathan of another writing session. The final sessions with Steve Perry in 1996 for the album, Trial By Fire.

“Steve Perry brought the bible into the studio. This really opened my eyes. I was still in the wilderness, but God was planting seeds in me.”

Back then Jonathan had only marveled and been jealous of his former bandmate’s newfound faith. He wasn’t there yet. Jonathan would have to go through his own personal trial by fire.

“Only God can take a mess and turn it into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph, a victim into victory,” Jonathan says.

The first single of What God Wants to Hear is “Deeper than Deep.” Like the rest of the album, it was recorded at Addiction Sound, Jonathan’s state-of-the-art studio in Nashville. The video for the song features photographs Jonathan has taken throughout the years. A hobby for Cain, the photos now reveal how God’s been leading him to this place his whole life.

The album has fulfilled Jonathan in a profound way. “I’ve never felt this close to the Lord in a long time,” he says. Jonathan hopes these songs will help others feel the same.

Pastor Paula says “God uses brokenness to birth greatness.” This was seen when Jonathan almost gave up on his musical dreams and his father uttered the famous line “Don’t stop believing.” For Jonathan now, he feels he’s just starting to believe again.

“God’s telling me to just trust him,” Jonathan says. “He’s telling me, ‘I got this, Jon.’”
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:23 am

Thanks Tater.

I have to believe this is how his book is going to read, which is why I will look for it on the stands so I can thumb through before buying.

Interesting note about Perry being having a stronger belief system than Cain back in the 90's. Shame he can't practice some of that "forgiveness" stuff and talk on the phone instead of through lawyers. It's not about working together. It's about life being short.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:23 am

You're right like IS short.. so there's no reason for Perry to do something simply because you, I, or anyone else thinks he should.

Maybe Perry has practiced forgiveness... and instead has simply has chosen a musical path that doesn't include them... or us.

If that's what makes him happy... that's all that matters.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:02 am

slucero wrote:You're right like IS short.. so there's no reason for Perry to do something simply because you, I, or anyone else thinks he should.

Maybe Perry has practiced forgiveness... and instead has simply has chosen a musical path that doesn't include them... or us.

Well, respectfully, I think you need to re-read my post.

I specifically said it wasn't about working together and I specifically said it was about talking without the lawyers as go betweens.

These guys shared time. They were all friends at one point. Perry himself wrote the song Anyway as an apology for his part of the first blow up, and he said they were "in those trenches together" when talking about the meaning behind it.

My point was really about the smell of hypocrisy here. You've got both of these guys, Cain and Perry, who profess this strong belief in the teachings of the new testament. Forgiveness is a biggy in there, ain't it? Doesn't mean they need to work together. Forgiveness is a simple letting go of animosity and being able to talk like friends again. It's a shame they can't seem to do that and that was my only point. Don't know why you brought music into this.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:11 am

Jonathan Cain: Member of rock stars Journey goes solo

Sunday 25th September 2016

Andy Butcher spoke to the keyboard player of Journey, JONATHAN CAIN, now branching out as a solo artist

http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/articles/ ... /58999/p1/

-read full article

... Cain recognizes spiritual themes running through much of his past work, both as a solo artist and a member of Journey. One of his own older songs is titled "When The Spirit Comes". And he recalls collaborating on the title track to Journey's 1996 'Trial By Fire' with then-singer Steve Perry, the lyrics inspired by a passage from a Bible the vocalist brought into the studio with him. "There I am with a Bible on my console," Cain remembers. "It was profound and wonderful, and we wrote this beautiful song. It was just an anointed moment for me."

http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/articles/ ... /58999/p2/

... Cain has not spoken with Perry about that memory - the former singer "sort of wants to remain separate from us." Meanwhile, Journey enjoys a new lease of life with Filipino frontman Arnel Pineda, recruited in 2008 after being discovered on YouTube, singing Journey covers with a bar band. But Cain hopes to invite Perry to be part of his next recording.

Cain's Journey bandmates are not fazed by his solo direction. "They have always known I am a spiritual man," he says, "so it is probably not a big surprise to them, I don't think, by any stroke. They knew this was an evolution." And "there's a bit of Journey in there," he says of his new project. ...
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby annpea » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:08 am

I, guess he's leaving Journey, or am I reading it wrong? :o
Dancing between the raindrops.
annpea
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:00 am

annpea wrote:I, guess he's leaving Journey, or am I reading it wrong? :o

I read it as just a solo album.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby annie89509 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:31 pm

STORY_TELLER wrote:
slucero wrote:You're right like IS short.. so there's no reason for Perry to do something simply because you, I, or anyone else thinks he should.

Well, respectfully, I think you need to re-read my post.

I specifically said it wasn't about working together and I specifically said it was about talking without the lawyers as go betweens.

These guys shared time. They were all friends at one point. Perry himself wrote the song Anyway as an apology for his part of the first blow up, and he said they were "in those trenches together" when talking about the meaning behind it.

My point was really about the smell of hypocrisy here. You've got both of these guys, Cain and Perry, who profess this strong belief in the teachings of the new testament. Forgiveness is a biggy in there, ain't it? Doesn't mean they need to work together. Forgiveness is a simple letting go of animosity and being able to talk like friends again. It's a shame they can't seem to do that and that was my only point. Don't know why you brought music into this.

We all wish there’s still some kind of bond with these guys –the classic lineup. And we all know who’s the one choosing self-exile. But I don’t think it has anything to do with holding onto bitterness or not forgiving. I think it’s more like leaving a past life behind –along with the people from it— (sadly).
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:34 am

New Journey album called "Forgiveness" with Steve Perry on vocals. :D
JourneyHard
LP

Postby tater1977 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Jonathan Cain Music FB
1 hr
So excited to share the first video from my new CD "What God Wants To Hear.

" This is Deeper Than Deep!

https://www.facebook.com/jonathancainmusic/videos/
tater1977
Stereo LP

Return to Journey