Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

The 50 best-selling albums of all time

Postby tater1977 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:35 am

The 50 best-selling albums of all time

John Lynch
http://www.businessinsider.com/50-best- ... an-in-me-1

- see full list

The King of Pop reigns atop the all-time list of best-selling albums.

Released in 1982, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" currently boasts a sales mark that no album is likely to touch anytime in the near or distant future.

We compiled the RIAA's data for the best-selling albums in history — measured in "certified units" sold — and it's fascinating to see some of the other names that appear in the top 50.

25. Journey — "Greatest Hits"

Certified units: 15 million

gh.JPG
gh.JPG (46.77 KiB) Viewed 754 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: The 50 best-selling albums of all time

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:10 am

I am surprised by Hootie and the Blowfish at #19!!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tj » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:23 pm

I own or have owned at least 7 of the albums on the list. Probably have owned at least one single off of a dozen more on the list. Then, I own probably 35 or more albums from artists on the list, but the actual album isn't there (all Journey albums, Zeppelin's In through the out door, several Beatles, etc.).

I am surprised that there are no Elvis albums listed.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:19 pm

tj wrote:I own or have owned at least 7 of the albums on the list. Probably have owned at least one single off of a dozen more on the list. Then, I own probably 35 or more albums from artists on the list, but the actual album isn't there (all Journey albums, Zeppelin's In through the out door, several Beatles, etc.).

I am surprised that there are no Elvis albums listed.

Wow, I actually own every single one of those. Crazy. Between me, my wife, and my kids, those are all in the collection. I'm kind of a collector though.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:52 pm

I can only lay claim to 20 of the 50. You must have quite a collection!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Memorex » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:14 am

perryfan61 wrote:I can only lay claim to 20 of the 50. You must have quite a collection!

I do. I went on a CD buying frenzy in the 90's. The CD clubs, getting in on all their specials, etc. I like a good variety of music, but I feel like now I have a hard time listening to some of the old stuff. Now I have to be in the mood to listen to things I used to be obsessive over.

Trying to find new stuff is a challenge. Some of it gets old so quick. Maybe even by the end of the CD.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:56 am

Have you heard of Sari Schorr? She has a new CD, Force of Nature. Her version of Black Betty will blow you away. I can promise you that this one won't get old!
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby jrny84 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:09 am

Great list. Most of these albums, including Journey's Greatest Hits are way over due for re-certification.

Last soundscan sales figure I had is around 17 million. Escape is also due to be certified 10X Multiplatinum
jrny84
8 Track

Return to Journey