Good news for die hard fans

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Good news for die hard fans

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 am

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-news- ... ghts/29900

The Asian fans will be in for a great show!! Wish they would do that here.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Re: Good news for die hard fans

Postby Arkansas » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:23 am

Some of those songs, like “Frontiers,” we’ve never played live. We actually went through it at a sound check recently and it sounded amazing. I’m excited about doing it.

It'd be really awesome for someone to leak a recording of this. :D :?:

...coming out very soon as well as a “14” semi-hollow that has only one f-hole.

To be really unique, he should drop the entire 'f-hole' thing and coin that feature as a signature 'S-hole' (for Schon). :idea: :wink:

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:24 am

can't wait to hear Troubled Child live.
I hope they will bring this to the US.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:47 am

Arkansas wrote:
Some of those songs, like “Frontiers,” we’ve never played live. We actually went through it at a sound check recently and it sounded amazing. I’m excited about doing it.

They played 'Frontiers' back in 1983. :D

Journey - Frontiers (Live at Nippon Budokan, 3/2/1983)

https://youtu.be/xideGrPBtgY
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:02 am

They've been playing all of Escape for 18 years now. Would much rather hear one of the earlier albums played through live.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:56 am

tater1977 wrote:
Arkansas wrote:

They played 'Frontiers' back in 1983. :D

Journey - Frontiers (Live at Nippon Budokan, 3/2/1983)

https://youtu.be/xideGrPBtgY

Somehow I just can't hear Arnel singing this one.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:40 am

FamilyMan wrote:They've been playing all of Escape for 18 years now. Would much rather hear one of the earlier albums played through live.

They haven't played Lay It Down! I want to hear that! :D
JourneyHard
LP

Postby scarab » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:15 am

with all the overdub vocals in Frontiers, I can see why they didnt do it much. Good video, but miss the overdubbing vocals.
Great riff from Neal though!
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:33 am

To do Frontiers justice, they need another singer to sing the ending with Arnel singing one part and the other singer singing the other part.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:16 am

JourneyHard wrote:To do Frontiers justice, they need another singer to sing the ending with Arnel singing one part and the other singer singing the other part.

They have a backup singer/keyboard player for the tour.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxCollector » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:37 pm

I haven't seen Journey since Augeri, but looks like I'll be in Japan when these dates are happening. I would have loved to see them in Tokyo (Budokan is great - saw a show there a few years back), but timing doesn't work so it'll most likely be Osaka. I'm looking forward to this one.
StyxCollector
Cassette Tape

Postby annie89509 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:52 pm

" ..We’ll be playing our first shows in the Orient where we’ve been asked to play Escape and Frontiers in their entirety. I think it will be fun for everyone to get reconnected with those records. Some of those songs, like “Frontiers,” ..."

Does anyone say Orient anymore?!? Asia sounds more p.c.
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:13 am

annie89509 wrote:" ..We’ll be playing our first shows in the Orient where we’ve been asked to play Escape and Frontiers in their entirety. I think it will be fun for everyone to get reconnected with those records. Some of those songs, like “Frontiers,” ..."

Does anyone say Orient anymore?!? Asia sounds more p.c.

when I was a kid (I'm 44 years old now) saying "oriental" was not considered an insult or raciest, at least not that I was aware of at the time. To my knowledge at the time it was no different than saying American or British, or white or black. It was only intended to be specific to a certain part of Asia, or to be specific as to a certain race. So in the past anytime that I would have said the word "oriental" it was not intended to be at all raciest or insulting.

I ask this respectfully, can someone tell me when and why the word "oriental" became considered to be an insult?

For example, not all Asians are of the same race that Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Etc are. It appeared to me in the past that "oriental" was only to clarify what region/race of Asia people were referring to.

Since I have known for the last 20 years or more that it is considered offensive, I stopped using the word "oriental." But is there a word other than Asian that is considered to be acceptable to clarify which race of Asians one is referring to?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Journey