HOF: we can vote!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: HOF: we can vote!

Postby Memorex » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:28 am

Memorex wrote:
AJ wrote:OK folks. It's time to get serious. I literally have voted with 7 e-mail addresses from my family and I every day from the beginning. Once I saw we were only up by less that 1400, I got pissed! I went in to my address book and started using addresses from there. I must've voted 75 times in the last hour. The verification gets a little harder, but I don't care. If you have spare time, do this!! This needs to be done! ELO is catching up too fast. Time to fight!

In the scheme of things, how much does the fan vote count? Are there any points for 2nd place? I thought I read the fan vote is worth one vote - how many other votes are there?

My point is, I can't imagine any scenario where Journey doesn't get in, regardless of the fan vote. But maybe I am just uneducated about it.

I went to research my own questions. Found this article. So I am assuming the fan vote is really about bragging rights and not much more. And Journey will get the same single vote whether they are first or fifth.

http://loudwire.com/nine-inch-nails-roc ... an-voting/
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:06 am

AJ wrote:OK folks. It's time to get serious. I literally have voted with 7 e-mail addresses from my family and I every day from the beginning. Once I saw we were only up by less that 1400, I got pissed! I went in to my address book and started using addresses from there. I must've voted 75 times in the last hour. The verification gets a little harder, but I don't care. If you have spare time, do this!! This needs to be done! ELO is catching up too fast. Time to fight!

Based on the oh so recent push by ELO fans, I have to believe they suddenly started doing what you're doing. Using friend's and families email addresses.

If Journey gets snubbed I'm going to be so pissed...
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby MotherCitay » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:34 am

Based on the explanation that Memorex found, I am taking the weekend off. :cry:

Will resume my ### votes per day next week.

Glad to hear that at least ALL of the top 5 fan votes ....... will get ONE measly vote.

Journey should end up in the top 5 and will hopefully get the nod from the full panel to be inducted next year.

Oh well .... Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-A
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby Memorex » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:03 am

MotherCitay wrote:Based on the explanation that Memorex found, I am taking the weekend off. :cry:

Will resume my ### votes per day next week.

Glad to hear that at least ALL of the top 5 fan votes ....... will get ONE measly vote.

Journey should end up in the top 5 and will hopefully get the nod from the full panel to be inducted next year.

Oh well .... Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-A

I'm certainly not meaning to discourage anyone. I just don't think everyone should stress too much about it. Would be nice for them to win the fan vote though.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby MotherCitay » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Oh I'm not discouraged .... I'm just relieved to know that it is not critical that Journey wins the fan vote. I agree it would be nice though.

So I will keep posting as many votes as I can till the very end. :)

~MC
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:22 am

e.JPG
e.JPG (25.27 KiB) Viewed 902 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:27 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (33 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:34 am

Just voted, our lead has dropped to 2157. Losing about 150 votes a day, which will not knock us out of first place by Dec 5, if we all keep up the pace!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby AJ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:14 am

I don't know how to do the images, but check out the latest numbers!!

Journey- 201,892
ELO- 175,583

26,000 vote lead!! This morning it was 2100. HUGE push today.
AJ
Ol' 78

Postby Memorex » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:09 am

AJ wrote:I don't know how to do the images, but check out the latest numbers!!

Journey- 201,892
ELO- 175,583

How in the world did the vote double in a day?
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Lora » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:54 am

Memorex wrote:
AJ wrote:I don't know how to do the images, but check out the latest numbers!!

Journey- 201,892
ELO- 175,583

How in the world did the vote double in a day?

I call shenanigans. Notice they extended the deadline to vote to Dec 15 now? They just want hits on their website.
Lora
8 Track

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:24 am

just saw that Lora
But going to keep it going on every day, WTH
Brush teeth, take a vitamin, vote for Journey
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:37 am

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1680834 ... 679351039/

Apparently there was a glitch in the votes. Now that's more like it :D :lol: :) :o
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby nylady » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:16 am

I saw the same type numbers when I voted today, showing Journey ahead by some 26K votes. I did take a screenshot, but have no idea how to post it here. Just call me techno challenged.

The numbers show as:
Journey: 201763
ELO: 175438

This was at 12:41pm EST today.
nylady
Radio Waves

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:22 pm

With all these "glitches", how can we know what the real count is? How do we know it's not behind the scenes shenanigans (as Lora so succinctly put it)?

Now we have to keep voting until the 15th? Games are definitely being played. More political bullshit from the RNRHOF.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:53 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (28.83 KiB) Viewed 728 times

What a difference day makes.
Oops, meant to say what a difference a 'glitch' makes.
:lol:
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby SF-Dano » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:46 am

Tues. 11/29 10:45am PST

Journey 207320
ELO 179839

??????? Did Perry just confirm he would show up or something???
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:00 am

Votes have been adjusted..... yet again!! Journey...108001, ELO..... 105620. Something fishy is definitely going on :o :( :evil:
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:14 am

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame insists Fan Vote has not been hacked

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... _hall.html

By Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com

on November 29, 2016 at 9:58 AM, updated November 29, 2016 at 11:32 AM

This story has been updated to reflect the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame's response to an alleged "hacking."

CLEVELAND, Ohio - The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Fan Vote had problems with hacking last year, that led to an obscene amount of votes being cast for the top five acts.

This year's Fan Vote was off and running during the first month without any problems. But now there are some fans wondering if the vote has been hacked again.

As of one week ago, the poll was closing in on 870,000 total votes. This week, more than half a million votes were added to those totals.

However, the Rock Hall insists that the increase in votes is a result of votes being held back to prevent voter fraud. All current totals are indeed accurate, the Rock Hall says.

"There was a purposeful delay in releasing votes to the overall standings, but it was precisely so we could protect the vote from being hacked," says Todd Mesek, Vice President of Marketing and Communications for the Rock Hall. "The votes that were released yesterday were being held to make sure we could validate their authenticity."

Mesek continued: "The ballots were determined to be legitimate and there was no over-voting. We made the decision to release these votes to the public website at one time. This is not unlike a typical political election where there are many votes that require additional validation before they are cast and the election is certified."

The Rock Hall is using mobile technology company Votem to ensure the Fan Vote's integrity. The same five bands in the lead from a week ago are still atop the vote: Journey, Electric Light Orchestra, The Cars, Yes and Pearl Jam.

Though, The Cars have fallen in the rankings. It appears now that Journey's win may be inevitable.

The Rock Hall has extended the Fan Vote to Dec. 15. All other ballots (from living members of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and journalists) are due Dec. 16.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:18 am

e.JPG
e.JPG (30.25 KiB) Viewed 655 times
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Lora » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:24 am

tater1977 wrote:Rock & Roll Hall of Fame insists Fan Vote has not been hacked

"There was a purposeful delay in releasing votes to the overall standings, but it was precisely so we could protect the vote from being hacked," says Todd Mesek, Vice President of Marketing and Communications for the Rock Hall. "The votes that were released yesterday were being held to make sure we could validate their authenticity."

Mesek continued: "The ballots were determined to be legitimate and there was no over-voting. We made the decision to release these votes to the public website at one time. This is not unlike a typical political election where there are many votes that require additional validation before they are cast and the election is certified."

These guys have ZERO credibility. Like I said. I call shenanigans.
Lora
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:29 am

I just checked again, it says Journey... 108050, ELO.....105658. What is going on?!
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:37 am

perryfan61 wrote:I just checked again, it says Journey... 108050, ELO.....105658. What is going on?!

<------ hands you some windex and paper towels AFTER I clean mine :lol: :lol: :lol:
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 am

Lora wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Rock & Roll Hall of Fame insists Fan Vote has not been hacked

These guys have ZERO credibility. Like I said. I call shenanigans.

Had to highlight it, cause I couldn't quit laughing. These guys must have some polidicking oops :oops: ...
politicking blood in them.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:43 am

:D :D :D no really, maybe because I'm in Canada?? Why else would mine be so far off?
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 am

MR's definition of ' shenanigans ' ... When Lora points her finger at you and gives you the 'stank' eye ...
you know you done something wrong and better fix it. :lol: :wink: :lol:
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 am

perryfan61 wrote::D :D :D no really, maybe because I'm in Canada?? Why else would mine be so far off?

Clean your cookies and reboot and check again maybe ?
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby SF-Dano » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:40 am

:lol: :roll: :lol: What a fraud. So apparently they can just "adjust" the vote count however and whenever they please. Well at least they aren't hiding it.
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:27 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (31.66 KiB) Viewed 521 times
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:16 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (30.09 KiB) Viewed 446 times
tater1977
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Journey