Jonathan Cain 2015 comments

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Jonathan Cain 2015 comments

Postby George_g888 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:27 am

“The best shot we’ve got with Steve Perry is the Hall of Fame,” he explained. “If they vote us into the Hall, the rules are that he has to show up and sing two songs. So we force his hand. That’s what I pray for now.”

http://www.stlbaseballweekly.com/cain-t ... l-journey/

IDK if this was ever discussed on here, but what "rules" is Cain talking about? Maybe an agreement that was made when Perry left?
George_g888
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:35 am

Re: Jonathan Cain 2015 comments

Postby scarab » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:01 am

maybe this is why Cetera bailed in 2016. Still why these millionaires can't take one night to celebrate everything they did as a BAND cannot pay respect to their fans.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Jonathan Cain 2015 comments

Postby tater1977 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Sounds like an ultimatum and we know he doesn't do well with them.
Wonder if these are new RnR HOF rules.
Granted this is only a nomination process right now, but hopefully if they
do get in, they can come to a palatable agreement to all.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Jonathan Cain 2015 comments

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:49 pm

I remember an interview where someone asked him point blank if he would sing with the band if the got inducted into the RRHOF, and he would not commit to a "YES". He made it seem like it was not going to happen.

Hopefully, if they do get in, he will change his mind, if only for his fan's sakes.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Jonathan Cain 2015 comments

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:58 am

George_g888 wrote:“The best shot we’ve got with Steve Perry is the Hall of Fame,” he explained. “If they vote us into the Hall, the rules are that he has to show up and sing two songs. So we force his hand. That’s what I pray for now.”

http://www.stlbaseballweekly.com/cain-t ... l-journey/

IDK if this was ever discussed on here, but what "rules" is Cain talking about? Maybe an agreement that was made when Perry left?



It sounds like he's quoting the HOF rules. The band is supposed to play two songs at the ceremony. Having said that, Van Halen didn't attend let alone perform (Sammy and Michael played with a backing band) and Guns and Roses performed with Myles Kennedy instead of Axl, so....

I see no reason why Perry can't repeat the Eels performance with Journey. His voice was much improved between the 1st and 3rd Eels outing, and given that he's been recording his solo album, I have no doubt his voice is in better shape now than when he first hit the stage with the Eels.


Perry has an out. He won't look good doing it, but he does have an out. It would be a real shame if Journey takes the stage with Arnel for their performance...
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: Jonathan Cain 2015 comments

Postby Pacfanweb » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:13 am

scarab wrote:maybe this is why Cetera bailed in 2016. Still why these millionaires can't take one night to celebrate everything they did as a BAND cannot pay respect to their fans.


Cetera bailed for the same reason Perry probably will: He can't do the songs anymore. Cetera wanted to do "24 or 6 to 4" in the key of E.
Song is written in A. Huge downward jump, especially when you have brass instruments involved. You can't just tune them down real quick.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:20 am

Re: Jonathan Cain 2015 comments

Postby George_g888 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:29 am

Pacfanweb wrote:
scarab wrote:maybe this is why Cetera bailed in 2016. Still why these millionaires can't take one night to celebrate everything they did as a BAND cannot pay respect to their fans.


Cetera bailed for the same reason Perry probably will: He can't do the songs anymore. Cetera wanted to do "24 or 6 to 4" in the key of E.
Song is written in A. Huge downward jump, especially when you have brass instruments involved. You can't just tune them down real quick.


Luckily Journey doesn't have to deal with any horns in their band.

But yes, if steve perry says no to performing, i think it tells us he can't do it anymore. Unless he genuinely doesn't want to perform with anybody from Journey again, even if its just for 3 songs.
George_g888
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:35 am


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest