Music of Journey at DSO

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Music of Journey at DSO

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:22 am

"Any Way You Want It," these are the anthems that energized the 80s. A tribute to Journey. The DSO, backed by a full rock band, "Faithfully" performs every smash hit. "Don’t Stop Believing" and so many more.

Detroit Orchestra Hall is hosting "Music of Journey." Vocalist Brody Dolyniuk will be singing the songs of Journey. Doesn't this sound like something Steve Perry should be doing?
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Music of Journey at DSO

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:21 pm

I looked at some of his videos, he can mimic just about anyone. It would be interesting to see what he does with "The Voice".

Watch out, Arnel....lol!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Music of Journey at DSO

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:21 pm

So, I am going to see Music of Journey at DSO. I wonder if they will only perform Journey's Greatest Hits plus Stone In Love. Maybe they will also perform Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart. Everybody knows those songs and probably think they are Journey songs.
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Music of Journey at DSO

Postby WalrusOct9 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:57 am

JourneyHard wrote:So, I am going to see Music of Journey at DSO. I wonder if they will only perform Journey's Greatest Hits plus Stone In Love. Maybe they will also perform Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart. Everybody knows those songs and probably think they are Journey songs.


I would not go in expecting anything different.

I went to a Queen thing at the Nashville symphony a couple years ago. It was a fun night out in a beautiful venue, but not the kind of place for deep cuts or rarities.
-Steve C.
User avatar
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:13 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: Music of Journey at DSO

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:14 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:So, I am going to see Music of Journey at DSO. I wonder if they will only perform Journey's Greatest Hits plus Stone In Love. Maybe they will also perform Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart. Everybody knows those songs and probably think they are Journey songs.


I would not go in expecting anything different.

I went to a Queen thing at the Nashville symphony a couple years ago. It was a fun night out in a beautiful venue, but not the kind of place for deep cuts or rarities.


You are probably correct. Let me put forth a guess.
1. Separate Ways
2. Only The Young
3. Stone In Love
4. Send Her My Love
5. Lights
6. When You Love A Woman
7. Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin
8. Oh Sherrie
9. Open Arms
10. Faithfully
11. Be Good To Yourself (We will find out once and for all if this was a hit song or not.)
12. Who's Cryin' Now
13. Wheel In The Sky
14. Any Way You Want It
15. Don't Stop Believin'
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Music of Journey at DSO

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:23 am

I am back from Music of Journey at DSO. Vocalist Brody Dolyniuk has a good voice and he is a showman. I found out he has a show in Vegas where he does classic rock concert. Anyway, back to the concert and the set list. (I don't know if this is the exact song order, but they did all these songs.)

Set One
1. Be Good To Yourself (I guess this is a big hit.)
2. Lights
3. Still They Ride (Surprise. Surprise. This sounded great with the orchestra backing.)
4. Send Her My Love
5. Stone In Love
6. Feeling That Way (Surprise. Surprise. Awesome.)
7. Anytime (Awesome.)
8. Open Arms
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

Set Two
1. Ask The Lonely
2. Girl Can't Help It
3. Who's Cryin' Now
4. Wheel In The Sky
5. Lovin', Touchin, Squeezin
6. Faithfully
7. Any Way You Want It
8. Don't Stop Believin'

I was thinking about it and I wish they did Winds of March. That would have sounded awesome with orchestra backing.
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Music of Journey at DSO

Postby George_g888 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:18 pm

JourneyHard wrote:I am back from Music of Journey at DSO. Vocalist Brody Dolyniuk has a good voice and he is a showman. I found out he has a show in Vegas where he does classic rock concert. Anyway, back to the concert and the set list. (I don't know if this is the exact song order, but they did all these songs.)

Set One
1. Be Good To Yourself (I guess this is a big hit.)
2. Lights
3. Still They Ride (Surprise. Surprise. This sounded great with the orchestra backing.)
4. Send Her My Love
5. Stone In Love
6. Feeling That Way (Surprise. Surprise. Awesome.)
7. Anytime (Awesome.)
8. Open Arms
9. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

Set Two
1. Ask The Lonely
2. Girl Can't Help It
3. Who's Cryin' Now
4. Wheel In The Sky
5. Lovin', Touchin, Squeezin
6. Faithfully
7. Any Way You Want It
8. Don't Stop Believin'

I was thinking about it and I wish they did Winds of March. That would have sounded awesome with orchestra backing.


Great to see Girl Can't Help it in there. Love that one
George_g888
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:35 am


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests