REUNION PERFORMANCE (theories of how it would happen)

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

REUNION PERFORMANCE (theories of how it would happen)

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:52 am

With everyone wondering if there will be a reunion performance with Perry, I got to thinking about what would be involved to make it happen.

It's not like they're going to show up at the ceremony and spontaneously get on stage together. I have to believe the band would need to get together and rehearse the songs with Perry in advance, especially since they would need to rework the tunes for Perry's current range or if they decide to create some kind of mashup mix of their tunes. Then there's the all star jam at the end of the ceremony, where all the bands get on stage together to cover a random popular tune not of their making.

This would mean they need to get on the phone and air out all their grievances well in advance. They need to be on an even keel first. Water needs to flow under the bridge before a positive energy can enter.

I don't think any of this begins until it's officially announced that Journey is in. I'm certain it's going to happen (the induction), and boy would I like to be a fly on the wall when those first conversations between Perry and the boys starts. Can you imagine?
Last edited by STORY_TELLER on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Re: REUNION PERFORMANCE (theories of how it would happen)

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:18 am

From what I hear, this is never going to happen - even if they get in. The induction isn't going to miraculously mend these fences. I could foresee Perry showing up - and kindly giving a speech the way he did at the Walk of Fame. But performing with the band is a non-starter.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:34 am

FamilyMan wrote:From what I hear, this is never going to happen - even if they get in. The induction isn't going to miraculously mend these fences. I could foresee Perry showing up - and kindly giving a speech the way he did at the Walk of Fame. But performing with the band is a non-starter.

Uhg... that really, really sucks...
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:40 am

I'm really hoping he does perform, but I'm not expecting him to.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby scarab » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:27 am

I would think Perry would show, but not perform, just like Cetera, he would only do it under his rules, thats not gonna fly for Schon/Cain which will be sad.

If a miracle takes place, Lights and Wheel in the sky (Perry Schon Valory) with Rolie and Dunbar, and DSB Cain Schon Valory Smith with Augeri/Arnel.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:35 am

:)
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:01 pm

scarab wrote:I would think Perry would show, but not perform, just like Cetera, he would only do it under his rules, thats not gonna fly for Schon/Cain which will be sad.

I agree. Perry will probably show up, do a speech, and will not perform. Maybe he will surprise us all, you never know!
jrny84
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:04 pm

jrny84 wrote:
scarab wrote:I would think Perry would show, but not perform, just like Cetera, he would only do it under his rules, thats not gonna fly for Schon/Cain which will be sad.

I agree. Perry will probably show up, do a speech, and will not perform. Maybe he will surprise us all, you never know!

If he doesn't open the lines of communication and bury the hatchet with these guys in advance, it will not happen. Perry will not spontaneously perform those songs unrehearsed at a broadcast historic moment like this.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:19 pm

You do know what this means. If Steve Perry refuses to perform, Gregg Rolie has to sing Don't Stop Believin'. :lol:
JourneyHard
LP

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Steve says he's trying to perform with Journey again ... but it's tough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_gLsmJewnE

Could be now's the time his mom & Kelly should persuade him to try just a little bit harder?

After all, he's been retired what 30 years now!

C'mon already ..... the hair still flicks, the hips still move and that voice sounds warmed up enough to perform for just 10 minutes. :roll:
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:10 am

MotherCitay wrote:.

Steve says he's trying to perform with Journey again ... but it's tough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_gLsmJewnE

Could be now's the time his mom & Kelly should persuade him to try just a little bit harder?

After all, he's been retired what 30 years now!

C'mon already ..... the hair still flicks, the hips still move and that voice sounds warmed up enough to perform for just 10 minutes. :roll:

That video is ancient, and I don't think he was saying he's trying to perform with Journey again. He paused and went someplace else without specifying what he was talking about. My belief is he was referring to "trying" to talk to one another again. It was about communication alone, not about working together.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:34 am

:D
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey