Strange Question, Strange Answers

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:14 am

Was out driving and Journey came on the radio so, of course, had to turn it up full blast and sing along.

Our friend that was with us asked, 'Why do you turn up Journey, when their songs come on ?' We just kinda laughed and then looked at each other and shrugged and went hmmmm.

Didn't really have a specific answer for them, except we love it.

Of course, there are many other bands and singers we love but I got to thinking ...

Why, when we hear a fav Journey tune or for that matter any fav tune of yours, why do we turn it up full blast and sing along ?

Is it habit ?
Is it for the memories ?
Maybe it's the beat ?
Maybe the musicianship ?
The singer ?
The band ?
Is it because we actually know the lyrics ?
Is it because we think we sound like the
singer ?
Just makes us feel good ?
Is it a great tension reliever ?
Or just any combo of the above ?

And then of course, the next question they
asked was ...
'So if you turn the radio volume up full blast
and sing along, why do you turn it down and quit
singing when you stop at a red light ? :oops: :lol: '

At this point, I wanted to turn his volume off.

Anyone have other possible thoughts or answers :?:
Last edited by tater1977 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Strange Question, Strange Answers

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:41 am

I turn it up because it's my favourite band, and I love to hear that voice. Of course, I turn up other songs too, but not with the same excitement. There is just something about hearing their songs that just makes my day.
Also, we don't seem to hear them that often. At work, they play some satellite station with a great mix of Old and new songs, but after years of listening, I've never heard a Journey song. No clue why, they seem to play every other band from that era..... maybe they are considered more rock than the Doobies or Rush?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:54 am

I would say the band's name says it all. When you hear Journey, you're immediately taken on one... whether it's to your youth, or to the memory of a show, or to an old flame. The louder the volume, the more further you're transported from your own world into that other one. Good question though.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:48 am

FamilyMan wrote:I would say the band's name says it all. When you hear Journey, you're immediately taken on one... whether it's to your youth, or to the memory of a show, or to an old flame. The louder the volume, the more further you're transported from your own world into that other one. Good question though.

True statement. Memories remain ...
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:07 am

tater1977 wrote:Strange Question, Strange Answers

Was out driving and Journey came on the radio so, of course, had to turn it up full blast and sing along.

Our friend that was with us asked, 'Why do you turn up Journey, when their songs come on ?' We just kinda laughed and then looked at each other and shrugged and went hmmmm.

Didn't really have a specific answer for them, except we love it.

Of course, there are many other bands and singers we love but I got to thinking ...

Why, when we hear a fav Journey tune or for that matter any fav tune of yours, why do we turn it up full blast and sing along ?

Is it habit ?
Is it for the memories ?
Maybe it's the beat ?
Maybe the musicianship ?
The singer ?
The band ?
Is it because we actually know the lyrics ?
Is it because we think we sound like the
singer ?
Just makes us feel good ?
Is it a great tension reliever ?
Or just any combo of the above ?

And then of course, the next question they
asked was ...
'So if you turn the radio volume up full blast
and sing along, why do you turn it down and quit
singing when you stop at a red light ? :oops: :lol: '

At this point, I wanted to turn his volume off.

Anyone have other possible thoughts or answers :?:

:D :D :D
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:51 am

This is very interesting. I can turn up music I like really loud and my ears don't hurt, but if music I don't like is turned up high my ears hurt.
JourneyHard
LP

Return to Journey