Page 2 of 2

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:28 am
by tater1977
e.JPG
e.JPG (26.16 KiB) Viewed 1299 times

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:40 am
by Journey/Survivor
tater1977 wrote:
e.JPG



I hope that it comes out soon.

I seem to recall Neal saying that he already had another solo album recorded before he started working on this one with Walden? I wonder when it will be released?

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:33 am
by perryfan61
Journey/Survivor wrote:
tater1977 wrote:
e.JPG



I hope that it comes out soon.

I seem to recall Neal saying that he already had another solo album recorded before he started working on this one with Walden? I wonder when it will be released?



He just tweeted "beginning of 2018".

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:14 am
by Journey/Survivor
perryfan61 wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:
tater1977 wrote:
e.JPG



I hope that it comes out soon.

I seem to recall Neal saying that he already had another solo album recorded before he started working on this one with Walden? I wonder when it will be released?



He just tweeted "beginning of 2018".


Thanks for the update!

Disappointed that it's gonna be that long of a wait. :evil:

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:32 am
by FamilyMan
The_Noble_Cause wrote:One thing to keep in mind....both Revelation and Eclipse were planned to be just EPs. But once the creative juices started flowing, they did a full album.


Never heard this. Pretty sure Eclipse was a full bore album project since Revelation was so successful. They always planned a follow up, per Walmart deal. At least that was my sense.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:38 am
by The_Noble_Cause
FamilyMan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:One thing to keep in mind....both Revelation and Eclipse were planned to be just EPs. But once the creative juices started flowing, they did a full album.


Never heard this. Pretty sure Eclipse was a full bore album project since Revelation was so successful. They always planned a follow up, per Walmart deal. At least that was my sense.


I'll try to dig up the interview. Revelation, however, was def. planned originally as an EP.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:41 am
by tater1977
Neal Schon‏Verified account @NealSchonMusic

"Something from the Heart"
Live guitar solo recording as it went down.
Written by Narada Michael Walden for up... https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/vid ... 796109858/

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:52 am
by perryfan61
tater1977 wrote:Neal Schon‏Verified account @NealSchonMusic

"Something from the Heart"
Live guitar solo recording as it went down.
Written by Narada Michael Walden for up... https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/vid ... 796109858/


I'm not really a fan of guitar solos, but I like this. Not so much shredding, you can really see his talent coming through. You can tell he really loves to play.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 pm
by Memorex
perryfan61 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Neal Schon‏Verified account @NealSchonMusic

"Something from the Heart"
Live guitar solo recording as it went down.
Written by Narada Michael Walden for up... https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/vid ... 796109858/


I'm not really a fan of guitar solos, but I like this. Not so much shredding, you can really see his talent coming through. You can tell he really loves to play.


Dude's insane. I get the same feeling watching him as I do watching Geddy Lee or Steve Smith. Just absolute masters of their craft.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:05 am
by tater1977
e.JPG
e.JPG (30.49 KiB) Viewed 1021 times

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 am
by Journey/Survivor
I would absolutely love for Journey to release a brand new album much along the lines of "Eclipse!" Especially if Gregg Rolie were on it along with Cain.

But to be honest, I'm every bit as excited when Neal releases a new solo album as I am with anything Journey these days. Especially since Neal has been releasing harder Rocking solo albums in recent years.
That Blues album does sound cool too.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:25 am
by tater1977
Journey/Survivor wrote:I would absolutely love for Journey to release a brand new album much along the lines of "Eclipse!" Especially if Gregg Rolie were on it along with Cain.

But to be honest, I'm every bit as excited when Neal releases a new solo album as I am with anything Journey these days. Especially since Neal has been releasing harder Rocking solo albums in recent years.
That Blues album does sound cool too.


Neal said he's supposed to be doing it with John Waite.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:07 am
by tater1977
John Waite Interview with Fred Tomlinson

https://youtu.be/UcjLlogVMuM

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:59 am
by FamilyMan
tater1977 wrote:John Waite Interview with Fred Tomlinson

https://youtu.be/UcjLlogVMuM


Most interesting nugget: 6:50. Jon vs. Neal.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:21 pm
by JourneyHard
So, Jon wanted to get back to Journey while Neal was just having fun. Neal sounds like a cool guy living in the moment.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 am
by tater1977
NEAL SCHON MUSIC‏Verified account @NealSchonMusic · 9h9 hours ago
Great to see and play Deen & Narada today !! Double POWER Keep Music Pure 4 All - No ties / No Racism

https://twitter.com/NealSchonMusic/stat ... 7764022276

nice pic.

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:51 am
by SF-Dano
Neal on FB today. Just thought I would drop this here.

https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/vid ... 161079187/

Re: Schon working on new solo record

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:09 am
by Jana
SF-Dano wrote:Neal on FB today. Just thought I would drop this here.

https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/vid ... 161079187/


Nice! Thanks.