So, who will induct Journey?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: So, who will induct Journey?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:04 am

jrny84 wrote:As far as Eddie Van Halen, I read that he refused to do a tour with Journey back in the 1990s. Would love to know what the reason was. Hopefully its not because he doesn't think they're "relevent", "hip", or "cool".

I know that Eddie Van Halen didn't want to tour with Soul SirkUS back around 2005 or 2006. In my opinion, that was partly because Eddie was too intimidated to follow Neal Schon on stage night after night.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:39 am

Lora and Cyndy. Anyone else is a sham! :)

I like Hagar, Carlos, or some other bay area artist.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 am

Watch it be Michael Bolton. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BaMx_n2_hM
:lol:
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:22 am

scarab wrote:Watch it be Michael Bolton. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BaMx_n2_hM
:lol:

While Cain/Schon produced The Hunger, I think that is the extent of the relationship. I agree that it should be Herbie. Santana is busy. Neal already confirmed that.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:22 pm

I don't understand. If it is claimed that most fans don't know who Herbie Herbert (and THAT IS NOT TRUE...AT ALL! See Facebook and you will understand that almost all of Steve Perry fans know who is infamously is), why would he be an obvious choice??? I thought people agreed that it should be someone BIG and well known. Santana is not available Sammy Hagar is well-liked by the group as well as Bryan Adams and Diana Ross and Randy Jackson.

Note: I just became a fan late summer of last year...and I KNOW who Herbie is and DON'T LIKE HIM AT ALL!!! And don't fool yourself into thinking that he will be able to say anything nice about Steve at all! He is not a fan of his (and that's okay) and for that night, you want to hear a great speech. NOT a grit your teeth, pull that smile out of the ether from Herbie and think that the crowd is not going to BOO the crap outta him! Believe me, I found melodicrock.com by accident, but when I went on Facebook and went to a number of groups there and found out that Herbie is KNOWN by the fans there...very well known. And not in an entirely good way. So I agree to DISagree...wholeheartedly!!!
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017: Who should induct Journey and Tupac?

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... _wh_4.html

- to read full article

Journey

Ideal choice: Arnel Pineda. Okay, so it kind of seems like insult to have Journey's current lead singer present the band he isn't being inducted with. But who would be a better choice to honor the legacy of the group, which is still very active?
:roll:

Likely choice: Carlos Santana. Those San Francisco band connections run deep. And don't forget, Journey members Neil Schon and Greg Rolie were in Santana's classic lineup (Rolie was inducted with his former band in 1998). Carlos Santana and Schon remain super-tight.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Neal says Carlos is not available, and he also said Arnel will be singing with the band that night, so I can't see him doing both.

The search continues.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:11 am

bellairepark73 wrote:why would he be an obvious choice???

Because he created the band, hand-chose the members, came up with the scarab logo and is a San Fran music institution.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:13 am

bellairepark73 wrote:Note: I just became a fan late summer of last year...and I KNOW who Herbie is and DON'T LIKE HIM AT ALL!!! And don't fool yourself into thinking that he will be able to say anything nice about Steve at all! He is not a fan of his (and that's okay) and for that night, you want to hear a great speech.

Herbie would be able to be diplomatic for one night. Like Neal, Herbie has criticized Perry at times, but also been very respectful.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby brywool » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:58 am

If it's Herbie, bet SP would boycott. It'd probably be Azoff.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:12 am

brywool wrote:If it's Herbie, bet SP would boycott. It'd probably be Azoff.

Alot of time has passed. Maybe they can both be grown-ups.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:58 am

Jon Anderson just agreed to join and perform with Yes on stage at the induction. Maybe that will light a fire.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... -interview
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby DracIsBack » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:08 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
brywool wrote:If it's Herbie, bet SP would boycott. It'd probably be Azoff.

Alot of time has passed. Maybe they can both be grown-ups.

Maybe, though sometimes it stirs up old wounds too.

Then again, I lived through Chicago last year. Made worse by the band funding their own documentary and trashing everyone who'd come and gone.

Last year, drummer Danny Seraphine was very hopeful that old wounds would be healed. This year, he's totally written them off as assholes.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby Lora » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:41 am

Jonathan posted on his FB page that The Whale will be on display at the RNRHOF in Cleveland. How cool is that? I don't know if those who don't have FB can view it, but here's the link to what Jon posted:

"My piano, The Whale faithful for 25 years of road - heading to the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame! represent!!"
https://www.facebook.com/jonathancainmu ... =2&theater
Lora
8 Track

Previous

Return to Journey