Neal Schon on the Eddie Trunk Podcast

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Neal Schon on the Eddie Trunk Podcast

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:50 am

Given Neal's history of poor interviews concerning Steve Perry, this was one of his best. The clip comes from Eddie's talk show on Sirius/XM Volume. Nothing really different from all the print interviews but nice to hear it straight from Neal's mouth.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Re: Neal Schon on the Eddie Trunk Podcast

Postby AR » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:29 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Given Neal's history of poor interviews concerning Steve Perry, this was one of his best. The clip comes from Eddie's talk show on Sirius/XM Volume. Nothing really different from all the print interviews but nice to hear it straight from Neal's mouth.

A little different since Trunk did get him to touch on the Augeri and Soto periods.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:02 am

Can someone please post a few of the highlights of the interview?

Thanks!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:09 pm

AR wrote:
jrnyman28 wrote:Given Neal's history of poor interviews concerning Steve Perry, this was one of his best. The clip comes from Eddie's talk show on Sirius/XM Volume. Nothing really different from all the print interviews but nice to hear it straight from Neal's mouth.

A little different since Trunk did get him to touch on the Augeri and Soto periods.

I thought so, too. Rare anyone acknowledges Steve anymore.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Eddie kept saying, "I know you have to go." But it didn't sound like Neal was in a hurry to go. Neal wanted to talk about more stuff. :lol:
JourneyHard
LP

Postby marco17 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:Can someone please post a few of the highlights of the interview?

Thanks!

There wasn't much there besides what a lot of the written interviews have had since the HoF announcement, hoping that Perry would come out and do something with them at induction. Also that the door has been open for years for him to do anything he wants to or just show up and sing a verse or whatever. He claims they all love him... Re: Augeri and Soto... He mentions that Steve did a great job for 8 years, but ran into vocal issues, and Jeff stepped in for that tour, but ultimately they didn't feel musically and personality wise it was the right fit... Otherwise, I don't recall much else.
marco17
8 Track

Postby marco17 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:34 am

JourneyHard wrote:Eddie kept saying, "I know you have to go." But it didn't sound like Neal was in a hurry to go. Neal wanted to talk about more stuff. :lol:

I thought the same thing too. I am sure Eddie was told he had say 20 minutes per management, but Neal just wanted to keep talking.
marco17
8 Track

Postby sniper16 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:46 am

neal is a good guy, even just meeting him on the street as long as you engage him he give you time.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:14 am

marco17 wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:Can someone please post a few of the highlights of the interview?

Thanks!

There wasn't much there besides what a lot of the written interviews have had since the HoF announcement, hoping that Perry would come out and do something with them at induction. Also that the door has been open for years for him to do anything he wants to or just show up and sing a verse or whatever. He claims they all love him... Re: Augeri and Soto... He mentions that Steve did a great job for 8 years, but ran into vocal issues, and Jeff stepped in for that tour, but ultimately they didn't feel musically and personality wise it was the right fit... Otherwise, I don't recall much else.

Thank you. I appreciate the reply!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Journey