Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey

Postby Jana » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:08 pm

This was on Netflix. So I watched it today. I thought it was well done and really enjoyed it, except one thing stuck out.

Where's the Revelation songs? There's Arnel talking about how he was sick of singing cover songs in his country, but all they did was show clips of DSB and other Dirty Dozen songs ad nauseum. I get they would be the majority shown, but this was also a chance to show the band having a successful album and promoting it. The only song I remember on there was Change for the Better. They could have shown him rehearsing a few of the songs in the beginning when he was auditioning. They could have shown him performing All These Years. Didn't it get some radio play? Turn Down the Light would have been great. Revelation had some good songs, and I don't get why that wouldn't be part of the narrative in the documentary, the band having a successful album of original songs Arnel is the lead singer on. Plus, his vocals fit in nicely on many of those songs, since he's not really trying to sound like Perry, in my opinion.

It made me go back and listen to Revelation. I think it's a good album. I love the nostalgic feel to the album. Does Journey even play anything off of Revelation anymore live? I haven't seen them in ages. It's a shame if they don't, since it had good sales, 800,000, and it was Arnel's album with them. Eclipse I kind of get by now, because nobody bought it.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:02 am

Never Walk Away seems to sneak into the set here and there. And Faith in the Heartland, if you count that.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby DracIsBack » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Jana wrote:Does Journey even play anything off of Revelation anymore live? I haven't seen them in ages. It's a shame if they don't, since it had good sales, 800,000, and it was Arnel's album with them. Eclipse I kind of get by now, because nobody bought it.

Revelation sold 800,000 copies because it was bundled with a greatest hits album, a live concert dvd of greatest hits and sold for $10 at Walmart.

Hardcores bought Revelation for the new music. Casual fans bought a great deal with a bunch of greatest hits they lived on CD and in concert ... and oh yeah, you get a new CD too.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby Journey2Infinity » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:26 am

Wasn't that filmed during his first tour, before Revelation was recorded? I can't remember.
Journey2Infinity
Radio Waves

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:50 am

Journey2Infinity wrote:Wasn't that filmed during his first tour, before Revelation was recorded? I can't remember.

Well Revelation was released in 2008 and the movie, although not released until March 2013, the movie tag on IMBD says:

"Taglines: A snapshot of Journey at this moment in its 30-year history, 2008, as it emerges with a new lead singer."

The Manila show was March 2009 and wasn't that the end of the movie, been awhile since I watched it?
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Return to Journey