Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of Fam

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of Fam

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of Fame Induction Presenters

By Dave Lifton January 27, 2017

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-you ... induction/

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is starting to release information about its 2017 Induction Ceremony. Today, they revealed three presenters, Neil Young, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush and Jackson Browne — all of whom are in the Hall — as well as details for when tickets will go on sale.

Young will induct Pearl Jam, while Browne is slated to induct folk legend Joan Baez and the two Rush musicians will induct Yes. The Hall plans to announce who will induct the other future members — Journey, ELO, Tupac Shakur and Nile Rodgers — as well as the ceremony’s performers at a future date. An exhibit about all of the inductees is scheduled to open at the Hall’s Cleveland location on March 31.

The Induction Ceremony will take place on April 7 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. Tickets will go on sale to the general public beginning Friday, Feb. 3 at 10AM Eastern at Ticketmaster. However, Citi Cardmembers have access to a pre-sale at Citi Private Pass that will run from Monday, Jan. 30 at 10AM Eastern through Feb. 2 at 10PM Eastern. Prices begin at $50, and there are also VIP packages available.

As of now, it unknown which bands will reunite and perform at the ceremony. Neal Schon of Journey told us that he’s “open to everything” with regards to sharing a stage with Steve Perry, although the singer offered no hints. Bev Bevan of ELO will be in attendance, but is unsure if Jeff Lynne will play with him. Rick Wakeman of Yes had originally planned to not show up, due to the election coming too late for Chris Squire, who died in 2015, to be involved. But after the Hall agreed to stage a special tribute to his former bandmate, Wakeman changed his mind a few days later.

As usual, the ceremony will be shown at a later date on HBO, with a radio broadcast over SiriusXM. Complete details about the broadcast are forthcoming.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:06 am

ARTISTdirect ‏@ARTISTdirect ·


#ARTISTdirect caught up with Jon Anderson to get his feeling on @Yesofficials' recent induction into the @Rockhall:

http://www.artistdirectinterviews.com/r ... -interview
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of

Postby Memorex » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:49 am

Anyone going? I'm debating it.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:31 am

Memorex wrote:Anyone going? I'm debating it.



If you didn't score this morning, a few other choices coming up.

The Rock Hall member pre-sale is now sold out. If you were unable to get Induction Ceremony tickets through the member pre-sale, here are 3 other opportunities to purchase:

1. Citi cardmembers have a pre-sale opportunity via http://www.citiprivatepass.com starting Monday, Jan. 30 at 10 am(EST) thru Thursday, Feb. 2 at 10 pm(EST).


2.The Barclays Center will offer a pre-sale opportunity to its Nets All Access members on Monday, Jan. 30 at 10 am(EST) thru 10 pm(EST).

3.The General Public sale will begin on Friday, Feb. 3 at 10 am(EST). To purchase tickets, visit http://www.ticketmaster.com or call 1-800-745-3000.



Please contact Citi or the Barclays Center directly for any questions regarding the respective pre-sales. If you have questions regarding your membership, contact us at 216-515-8425 or membership@rockhall.org.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of

Postby scarab » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:01 am

If Perry was there, even if he did not perform (but gave a speech), which is looking pretty obvious, I would go in a heartbeat, spending a small fortune.
Deciding against getting tickets for the Red Wing Concert in MN which went on sale today. Could not find out if its going to be a Escape/Frontiers concert (which is doubtful and the likely hood Wetton wont be there).
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of

Postby Memorex » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:53 am

tater1977 wrote:
Memorex wrote:Anyone going? I'm debating it.



If you didn't score this morning, a few other choices coming up.

The Rock Hall member pre-sale is now sold out. If you were unable to get Induction Ceremony tickets through the member pre-sale, here are 3 other opportunities to purchase:

1. Citi cardmembers have a pre-sale opportunity via http://www.citiprivatepass.com starting Monday, Jan. 30 at 10 am(EST) thru Thursday, Feb. 2 at 10 pm(EST).


2.The Barclays Center will offer a pre-sale opportunity to its Nets All Access members on Monday, Jan. 30 at 10 am(EST) thru 10 pm(EST).

3.The General Public sale will begin on Friday, Feb. 3 at 10 am(EST). To purchase tickets, visit http://www.ticketmaster.com or call 1-800-745-3000.



Please contact Citi or the Barclays Center directly for any questions regarding the respective pre-sales. If you have questions regarding your membership, contact us at 216-515-8425 or membership@rockhall.org.


Yea, I could do the Citi presale. If they don't go too fast. At the very least I will try and get tickets and then make a final decision on going sometime soon. If we choose not to I'll unload them. I think that's my plan.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of

Postby Memorex » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:54 am

scarab wrote:If Perry was there, even if he did not perform (but gave a speech), which is looking pretty obvious, I would go in a heartbeat, spending a small fortune.
Deciding against getting tickets for the Red Wing Concert in MN which went on sale today. Could not find out if its going to be a Escape/Frontiers concert (which is doubtful and the likely hood Wetton wont be there).


I'm thinking of doing Red Wing because I didn't see Smitty last time through.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:20 am

Why doesn't MTV show this live as it happens? Do they have more important stuff to show? Just sayin'
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Neil Young, Rush and Jackson Browne Announced As Hall of

Postby Memorex » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:29 pm

JourneyHard wrote:Why doesn't MTV show this live as it happens? Do they have more important stuff to show? Just sayin'

HBO $$$$$$$$$$$
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests