Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Demand for 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony reaches pe

Postby tater1977 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:05 am

Demand for 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony reaches peak levels

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... _hall.html

By Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com
February 06, 2017 at 9:37 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Anyone who had doubts about this year's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class received a bit of affirmation on Friday.

Tickets for the 2017 Ceremony set for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. went on sale at 10 a.m. Friday. They were gone by 11 a.m. This year's class includes Pearl Jam, Journey, Yes, Electric Light Orchestra, Joan Baez and Chic's Nile Rodgers.

This marks the third ceremony at the Barclays Center and it's not the first to sell out. The 2014 ceremony, featuring KISS, Nirvana the E Street Band, Hall & Oates and others, sold out in a matter of minutes.

But the 2017 ceremony is certainly matching, if not beating its predecessors in terms of demand. Fans can purchase resale tickets in the nosebleed section of the Barclays Center starting at $238 over at StubHub. Someone is even selling tickets in the higher-up sections for as much as $5,0000.

Good seats (in the lower sections of Barclays) will cost you more than $1,000 each. Ticket prices on StubHub are often bloated. But for the 2017 Rock Hall Ceremony, they are comparable to other secondary market sites like SeatGeek and Vivid Seats.

The 2017 ceremony's appeal has a lot to do with clear headliner Pearl Jam. But also word has been mum on whether or not Journey will reunite with former lead singer Steve Perry.

Just the possibility of a reunion has followers excited, as Journey fan pages on social media have been working in overdrive since the announcement of the band's induction. Perry hasn't performed a full show with Journey in 30 years.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has also announced its first set of presenters, which is an impressive list. Neil Young will induct Pearl Jam, while members of Rush will do the same for Yes. Jackson Browne is set to give a speech for longtime friend Baez.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Demand for 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony reache

Postby Memorex » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:32 am

I tried to get tickets and they slammed the door in my face. Oh well, I'll watch from the comfort of home when it airs.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:05 pm

...and that is the REAL reason why they let bands like Journey and Yes in. Because it sells.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby jrny84 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:18 am

tater1977 wrote:Demand for 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony reaches peak levels

The 2017 ceremony's appeal has a lot to do with clear headliner Pearl Jam. But also word has been mum on whether or not Journey will reunite with former lead singer Steve Perry.

How is Pearl Jam the clear headliner??? Journey won the fan vote, sold more records by far (80+ million vs. 60 million), and perhaps might have a one night reunion with Perry. I do like Pearl Jam, but come on.
jrny84
8 Track

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:55 am

jrny84 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Demand for 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony reaches peak levels

How is Pearl Jam the clear headliner??? Journey won the fan vote, sold more records by far (80+ million vs. 60 million), and perhaps might have a one night reunion with Perry. I do like Pearl Jam, but come on.

I know it....I rolled my eyes, too.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby jrny84 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:10 am

Eric wrote:
jrny84 wrote:

I know it....I rolled my eyes, too.

I guess its the "music critics" clear headliner lol.
jrny84
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Rock Hall to Host Simulcast Party for 2017 Induction Ceremony

Posted By Jeff Niesel on Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:46 PM

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-hea ... n-ceremony

If you’re like us, you can’t afford to jetset off to New York to see the sold-out Rock Hall Inductions that take place at Barclays Center on April 7.

To accommodate locals who either didn’t get tickets or can’t afford the trek east, the Rock Hall will stream a live broadcast of the 32nd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Outside of the Barclays Center, the Official Simulcast Party at the Rock Hall will be the only place to watch the Induction Ceremony on the night of the event.

Doors for the party open at 6:30 p.m., and the broadcast begins at 7 p.m. Magic Hat Brewing Company, Great Lakes Brewing Company and Fathead’s Brewery have signed on as sponsors.

The Rock Hall member presale for simulcast tickets begins at 10 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 27. Tickets go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 28, via ticketing.rockhall.com and at the Rock Hall’s box office.

The 32nd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony honors inductees Joan Baez, ELO, Journey, Pearl Jam, Nile Rodgers, Tupac Shakur and YES. So far, the Rock Hall has announced Neil Young (inducting Pearl Jam), Jackson Browne (inducting Joan Baez), and Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush (inducting YES) will be on hand for the ceremony. Other guests will be announced shortly.

Simulcast tickets include access to all Rock Hall exhibits and the entire broadcast of the ceremony. Concession stands and cash bars will be open, and the Rock Hall store will also feature commemorative 2017 inductee items.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Clear headliner is Pearl Jam? :shock: :?
That person's kidding, right? Please tell me that the writer was joking because I thought it was. Heck, I laughed out loud.

Journey won the fan vote by over 40K and it is because of the sheer hope that Steve might just show up, let alone sing, that sold out those tickets. And by the way, they are WAAAAAAYYYYY off in their timing. A friend of mine was online and on the phone by 10:02 am that day. She couldn't get through. :!:

I started calling by 10:30 am. By the time I got on the phone to attempt to speak with a rep to get tickets, they WERE ALREADY GONE!!!!! Not by 11 am whoever wrote that stupid article and didn't bother to check the time!!! It was 10:30am...30 minutes. I tried the ENTIRE DAY. Nothing...tickets were no longer available. I tried for several days after...still nothing. Only on-line vendors have them now, at horrifying prices...and guess what writer...people are buying them! Even the RRHOF was stunned. I know because I called and spoke to them directly to complain the way the ticket sales were handled.

Pearl Jam is the clear headliner...yeah and I'm Supergirl. Or better yet...a Vulcan named Spock.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Return to Journey