JOURNEY - INTERVIEW WITH ONE FM 91.3

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby tater1977 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 am

https://youtu.be/JXLJV_6WIRc

Published on Feb 9, 2017

Ever wondered what Journey has to say about their world-renowned anthem "Don't Stop Believing", and their setlist for tomorrow's concert at the Star Theatre?
Stay tuned to ONE FM 91.3
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: JOURNEY - INTERVIEW WITH ONE FM 91.3

Postby tater1977 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:51 am

Rock band Journey heads to Toa Payoh for pre-concert media appearance

https://youtu.be/shTkjGXr3so
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:29 am

BBC News FB

BBC meets Journey's Arnel Pineda
No matter who you are, when Journey comes on

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnews/videos ... 988232217/
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Lora » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:30 am

tater1977 wrote:JOURNEY - INTERVIEW WITH ONE FM 91.3

https://youtu.be/JXLJV_6WIRc

Published on Feb 9, 2017

Ever wondered what Journey has to say about their world-renowned anthem "Don't Stop Believing", and their setlist for tomorrow's concert at the Star Theatre?
Stay tuned to ONE FM 91.3

Was very impressed with the interviewer. He never brought up SP once and didn't put anyone on the spot. American journalists (and I use that term very loosely) could learn a few things from this guy. Nicely done.
Lora
8 Track

Postby ADALBL » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:36 pm

With all due respect to Lora's comment (and I mean this literally), I was very surprised the interviewer did not ask about Steve. Pretty much everyone who follows Journey even casually is waiting to hear whether Steve will join the band (and perform with them) at the Hall induction. A journalist's primary role is to ask questions that help reveal the news, and provide useful, interesting information to the audience. By necessity, this sometimes requires people asking questions that may be uncomfortable to the person being asked. A professional journalist will not shy away from such questions, but will ask them in a respectful, professional manner.

In this case maybe he already knew there was no updated news to share on the matter and chose to use the time to cover other items and that's fine too, if that's the case.

I don't think its bad that all the fans who bought tens of millions of records and concert tickets and merchandise are really hoping that Steve sings with the band one more time or that they show this interest by following the available news on it. I also think its reasonable, even journalistically speaking, professional and appropriate to ask about it during any interviews with the band. At the end of the day, what will happen will happen and neither outcome is right or wrong no matter how bad millions want to see Steve sing with the band again. But reporters who help promote the band through their coverage have the right and even obligation I would submit to ask.

Again - all respectfully submitted. :-)
ADALBL
Radio Waves

Postby steveo777 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:34 pm

I think everyone knows what the answer is, with regard to Perry reuniting, even if for only the R&R HOF induction. Strikes me odd sometimes that so many folks still hold their breaths, that he will ever return. His last full show with Journey was 30 years ago! The replacement singer, Arnel, has more continuous tenure with Journey than Perry.
steveo777
MP3

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Good morning.

Just in case you ladies and gentlemen haven't seen this...the following is an actual tweet (not from that Glenn person) regarding an actual interview JRNY (Not The Original Series) gave recently at a radio station, 1FM 91.3. Unclear where...watch it if you can.

https://twitter.com/1MusicalHeart/status/829879122285441029?s=07

Let me know if you can click on it. No, this interviewer didn't mention Steve, but the hint was definitely there...because the keyboard player knew who he was referring to.

Just so you know that they were not just "joking"...if you are a Steve Perry fan and you are also a member on a non-Perry but Journey Facebook pages, you might have gotten blocked as of the minute that Tweet went public. Several of us did.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:37 pm

ADALBL wrote:With all due respect to Lora's comment (and I mean this literally), I was very surprised the interviewer did not ask about Steve. Pretty much everyone who follows Journey even casually is waiting to hear whether Steve will join the band (and perform with them) at the Hall induction. A journalist's primary role is to ask questions that help reveal the news, and provide useful, interesting information to the audience. By necessity, this sometimes requires people asking questions that may be uncomfortable to the person being asked. A professional journalist will not shy away from such questions, but will ask them in a respectful, professional manner.

In this case maybe he already knew there was no updated news to share on the matter and chose to use the time to cover other items and that's fine too, if that's the case.

I don't think its bad that all the fans who bought tens of millions of records and concert tickets and merchandise are really hoping that Steve sings with the band one more time or that they show this interest by following the available news on it. I also think its reasonable, even journalistically speaking, professional and appropriate to ask about it during any interviews with the band. At the end of the day, what will happen will happen and neither outcome is right or wrong no matter how bad millions want to see Steve sing with the band again. But reporters who help promote the band through their coverage have the right and even obligation I would submit to ask.

Again - all respectfully submitted. :-)

Wow, well written! And I thoroughly agree!!!
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Marzdog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:32 pm

A very interesting comment by Steve Smith, and I think it lends to why people cannot let go of Steve Perry and this band; main point at 3:00.

https://youtu.be/JXLJV_6WIRc?t=2m44s

I think that the same can be said for Perry's vocal styling (and being a co-writer on just about all the classics) vs. Arnel's vocal styling to where he just about gets there, just not all the way there.
Marzdog
Ol' 78

Return to Journey