2017 Rock/Roll HoF Ceremony to air April 29 on HBO 8 p.m.

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

2017 Rock/Roll HoF Ceremony to air April 29 on HBO 8 p.m.

Postby tater1977 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:45 pm

2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony to air April 29 on HBO

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... me_ce.html

By Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com
February 13, 2017

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Music fans will only have to wait three weeks to watch the 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony telecast.

The show takes place on April 7 in Brooklyn, N.Y. But the prerecorded telecast will air at 8 p.m. Saturday, April 29 on HBO, officials from the network have confirmed.

This year's ceremony includes inductees Electric Light Orchestra, Joan Baez, Tupac Shakur, Yes, Journey and Pearl Jam, along with Music Excellence honoree Nile Rodgers of Chic.

As those who have attended a Rock Hall Ceremony before know, it can last a long time. Speeches are lengthy and set changes can take a while.

HBO presents a slightly condensed version of the show. This year that will feature presenters like Neil Young (Pearl Jam), Jackson Browne (Baez) and members of Rush (Yes), with more to be announced.

This year's ceremony at the Barclays Center is sold out. Tickets to watch the simulcast at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland go on sale in a few weeks. HBO will be most people's first chance to see the historic event.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: 2017 Rock/Roll HoF Ceremony to air April 29 on HBO 8 p.m

Postby jrny84 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Darn, don't get HBO!
jrny84
8 Track

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:00 pm

jrny84 wrote:Darn, don't get HBO!

I'm going to add it to PlayStation Vue, and then delete it after I watch it.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:23 am

Still no word on whether Steve Perry will join JOURNEY at Hall of Fame Ceremony

http://wbig.iheart.com/onair/bodhi-5511 ... -15561743/

posted by Bodhi -

Looks like Neal Schon doesn't want to be asked if Steve Perry will join Journey when the band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April.

A fan named Matthew O'Farrell tweeted, "Surely someone has a phone number for him or knows where he is so you can personally talk to him instead of using attorneys?" Schon replied, "I've answered this a million times... he has my number. I've reached out many, many times."

The last time Perry and Schon shared a stage was on November 3rd, 1991, at the Bill Graham Memorial Tribute in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.

This year's Rock Hall induction ceremony is on April 7th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:01 am

I don't either, not sure what other options are available, as I don't have PS either.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby jrny84 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:31 am

perryfan61 wrote:

I don't either, not sure what other options are available, as I don't have PS either.

Same here. I wonder if it will be available via On Demand through Comcast? Geeze, at least broadcast it on a MUSIC channel like Palladia or VH1 Classic.
jrny84
8 Track

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:47 am

I think you can get the HBO NOW app through a streaming device such as Apple TV or a streaming wifi Blu-Ray. You can go month-to-month with the HBO app, so just get it for that month and then cancel it. You can get a Blu Ray that streams wifi pretty cheap nowadays, under $50. So even if you dump the HBO app, you still have a new Blu Ray player that can stream a lot of other free apps.

You can get an Apple TV box for $69, and that offers a bunch of free apps with it. Kinda like it's own On-Demand service.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:57 am

I am sure if any major things happen like Rolie singing, Ansley drumming, and God forbid, Perry showing and actually singing. (We all know he can at least do Lights, just leave out the LA part :lol: ) it'll show up on youtube way before the airing.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:47 am

I don't have Sling TV, so I don't know the answer to this. But can HBO be streamed with Sling TV or a Roku device?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 am

scarab wrote:I am sure if any major things happen like Rolie singing, Ansley drumming, and God forbid, Perry showing and actually singing. (We all know he can at least do Lights, just leave out the LA part :lol: ) it'll show up on youtube way before the airing.

That's my hope, that it will be on Utube. Though I wouldn't mind seeing the other bands, I'm really only interested in Journey, and hopefully SP giving some kind of appearance, whether he sings or not.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:26 am

Might check one of these out for
HBO specials offers or call your local cable
provider.

If you have amazon prime get -

HBO
7-Day free trial
$14.99/month after trial

Prime with HBO subscription

HBO Subscription includes instant streaming of unlimited
access to addictive dramas, hilarious comedies, movies,
and so much more.

7-day free trial
$14.99/month after trial

https://www.amazon.com/gp/channels/offe ... Keg3n9-dc_

DIRECT TV

http://www.directv.com/premiums/hbo

HBO

$17.99 per month .

ROKU TV

https://www.roku.com/offers

Get a 1-month FREE* TRIAL of HBO NOW® today!

Get instant access to all of HBO, no TV package required. Stream every episode of HBO’s addictive shows, the latest hit movies and more. Go to the HBO NOW® channel on your Roku device to start your free trial (one month free, then $14.99/month). See offer details >
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby jrny84 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:39 am

perryfan61 wrote:
scarab wrote:I am sure if any major things happen like Rolie singing, Ansley drumming, and God forbid, Perry showing and actually singing. (We all know he can at least do Lights, just leave out the LA part :lol: ) it'll show up on youtube way before the airing.

That's my hope, that it will be on Utube. Though I wouldn't mind seeing the other bands, I'm really only interested in Journey, and hopefully SP giving some kind of appearance, whether he sings or not.

Yeah, counting on YouTube footage as well.
jrny84
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:40 am

e.JPG
e.JPG (28.65 KiB) Viewed 637 times
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 am

I hope Journey doesn't do Separate Ways and then because of time restraints they skip the second verse. This is what happened when they were on Ellen.
JourneyHard
LP

Return to Journey