Ideas For New Journey Album

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Ideas For New Journey Album

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Do any of you have ideas for a New Journey Album?

Here is mine:

It is time for Journey to go all-out and make an epic new album with plenty of guests. The title of the album should be INNOVATION.

1. Track One should be an uplifting and aggressive Rock Anthem that can be played at every sporting event ever. Keep the lyrics simple and don't get bogged down with too many lyrics, and let Neal shine.

2. Track Two should have Gregg Rolie as a guest lead vocals and keys. Maybe some blues in Journey style.

3. Track Three ought to be a Rocker with Sammy Hagar as guest lead vocal and perhaps a little extra guitar.

4. Track Four can be a ballad with guest Steve Augeri on lead vocals.

5. Track Five can be a mid-tempo Journey song with Arnel on lead vocals. He is still the lead singer.

6. It would be nice if Track Six was a up-tempo number with Kevin Chalfant as guest lead singer.

7. Track Seven will have Robert Fleischman as lead singer.

8. Have Jeremey Hunsicker sing lead vocals on the eighth track.

9. Track Nine is a nice ballad with Arnel on lead vocals.

10. Track Ten will be another new tune with Arnel on lead vocals.

11. Track Eleven will be another new one with Arnel on lead vocals.

12. Close the album with a Rocker with Jeff Scott Soto on lead vocals.

(The 13th track is unlisted and is the hidden track with Steve Perry on lead vocals.)
JourneyHard
LP

Re: Ideas For New Journey Album

Postby Memorex » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:55 pm

I hope you procured your narcotics legally. Be safe. Don't drive or operate heavy machinery. And for God's sake don't write anything on the interwebs.

:) Just teasing.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:54 am

JourneyHard wrote:Do any of you have ideas for a New Journey Album?

Here is mine:

It is time for Journey to go all-out and make an epic new album with plenty of guests. The title of the album should be INNOVATION.

1. Track One should be an uplifting and aggressive Rock Anthem that can be played at every sporting event ever. Keep the lyrics simple and don't get bogged down with too many lyrics, and let Neal shine.

2. Track Two should have Gregg Rolie as a guest lead vocals and keys. Maybe some blues in Journey style.

3. Track Three ought to be a Rocker with Sammy Hagar as guest lead vocal and perhaps a little extra guitar.

4. Track Four can be a ballad with guest Steve Augeri on lead vocals.

5. Track Five can be a mid-tempo Journey song with Arnel on lead vocals. He is still the lead singer.

6. It would be nice if Track Six was a up-tempo number with Kevin Chalfant as guest lead singer.

7. Track Seven will have Robert Fleischman as lead singer.

8. Have Jeremey Hunsicker sing lead vocals on the eighth track.

9. Track Nine is a nice ballad with Arnel on lead vocals.

10. Track Ten will be another new tune with Arnel on lead vocals.

11. Track Eleven will be another new one with Arnel on lead vocals.

12. Close the album with a Rocker with Jeff Scott Soto on lead vocals.

(The 13th track is unlisted and is the hidden track with Steve Perry on lead vocals.)

That track 13 idea would be KILLER!!! It could happen.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:14 am

While staying realistic, my hope for a new album would be another album similar in style to Eclipse. Although, I doubt that Cain would go along with that again?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:52 pm

A hidden track might be the only way for us to get another Steve Perry song with Journey. The band won't be allowed to say who is on lead vocals. This way there is no pressure on Steve Perry. He can deny it is his vocals if asked. The band can deny it, too.
But we will all know the truth. :D
JourneyHard
LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:12 am

I think the most realistic formula for a new Journey album would be Red-13. The band may only pump out 3-4 songs tops. Seems like Jonathan isn't interested in producing a CD, rather than singles that can potentially make it in other markets, like Hollywood tracks.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby marco17 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:48 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I think the most realistic formula for a new Journey album would be Red-13. The band may only pump out 3-4 songs tops. Seems like Jonathan isn't interested in producing a CD, rather than singles that can potentially make it in other markets, like Hollywood tracks.

I think you're right. I think the EP is more likely unless they have something in the can that they can polish up and throw out there. It would make sense to do something and try to capitalize on the HoF induction.
marco17
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:48 am

At this point, they should release something even if it is just a single song. They really need to get behind the single song and play it in every concert and try to get it into a movie or TV Show or something. So, they need the song to be upbeat and NOT too wordy. Jon loves writing a lot of lyrics for his songs. He needs to keep this one simple and to the point. Then it might really have a chance because the casual fan will be able to hitch onto it easier if it has a really good hook and not too much to digest. And then Neal, as always, has to really cook on the guitar solo part of the song. With Steve Smith, maybe give him a short drum solo in the song or something.
They could release this single song along with a few other songs such as Arnel's version of Place in Your Heart, and other stuff they might have already recorded.
JourneyHard
LP

Return to Journey