Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Time to stop believin' in Journey, Steve Perry Rock Hall reu

Postby tater1977 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:20 am

Time to stop believin' in Journey, Steve Perry Rock Hall reunion

Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com
March 10, 2017

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... _perr.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Several of the fans who purchased tickets to the 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony and its simulcast are all wondering the same thing.

What are the chances Steve Perry will perform with Journey? Well, it's not looking good.

Perry hasn't performed with Journey in three decades. He's also been silent on whether or not he'll even attend the Rock Hall Ceremony in Brooklyn, N.Y. on April 7.

But his former bandmates in Journey have echoed the same thing: "The door has always been open," guitarist Neil Schon told The Spokesman-Review in a recent interview.

If you've been paying attention, it's something Schon has said on multiple occasions.

"I've always tried to make direct contact with him rather than using his attorney. [Steven has] not allowed that," Schon told the Review. "The fans need to work on him (Perry) a bit more if they want him to come up and (sing with Journey). He's really not interested in doing anything with us. We're completely fine with that."

If Perry would come out and say he is performing with Journey, or even attending the ceremony for that matter, it would be a heck of a selling point. Though, the Rock Hall doesn't need it considering the show is already sold out.

Mostly, it seems Schon and his bandmates are sick of criticism over a potential reunion. And understandably so.

"I just get so tired of hearing people say, 'You need to put your ego aside," Schon reiterated. "You need to go knock on his door and tell him how you feel.' I go 'No, you just don't have a clue.'"

For it's part, the Rock Hall has been quiet about any contact (or lack there of) with Perry or his reps. It might be time to stop believin'.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Time to stop believin' in Journey, Steve Perry Rock Hall

Postby AR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:33 am

tater1977 wrote:"I just get so tired of hearing people say, 'You need to put your ego aside," Schon reiterated. "You need to go knock on his door and tell him how you feel.' I go 'No, you just don't have a clue.'"

Looks like Little Napoleon is getting irritated.

Neal if you are reading this just put your ego aside already and make it happen. :lol:
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:44 am

I remember Entertainment Weekly's scathing review of Arrival that read "DO stop believin."
Band's still around tho and making bank.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby FamilyMan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:04 am

Fascinating how Perry has remained completely silent for 20 years, while Journey have been interviewed thousands of times over that period. Perception most people still have is that its Neal and/or Jon that resist reunion, even though they've said over and over that the door is open.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:57 am

FamilyMan wrote:Fascinating how Perry has remained completely silent for 20 years, while Journey have been interviewed thousands of times over that period. Perception most people still have is that its Neal and/or Jon that resist reunion, even though they've said over and over that the door is open.

The mis-perception was enforced by VH1 Behind the Music. Made it look like the band fired Perry instead of waiting over a decade for him to rejoin.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tj » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:Fascinating how Perry has remained completely silent for 20 years, while Journey have been interviewed thousands of times over that period. Perception most people still have is that its Neal and/or Jon that resist reunion, even though they've said over and over that the door is open.

The mis-perception was enforced by VH1 Behind the Music. Made it look like the band fired Perry instead of waiting over a decade for him to rejoin.

Agreed, and almost 20 years after BTM, it is reinforced by shoddy journalists who do no research on the subject before asking/writing about it. Anyone who spent 30 minutes googling various interviews by Neal/Jon on the subject would know the answer and report it.

All Perry has to do is keep silent and leave it to the other guys to look bad based on a misrepresentation.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:14 am

For those who don't know, I'm a Clevelander, so I read this guy's drek every day in the newspaper. He's a minimum wage 20-something journalistic hack. His articles are terrible and poorly researched. No surprise here.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby annie89509 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:09 am

I don't see anything wrong with the writer or the article as written. No misleading info/misrepresentation there ... everything hardcore fans have known about the band's dynamics over the years already.... and surely have come to the same conclusion about what's going to happen (or not happen) at the HOF ceremonies, by now ... :cry:
annie89509
Stereo LP

Return to Journey