Will Rolie play at HOF

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Will Rolie play at HOF

Postby tj » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Everyone is focused on Perry, for good reason. But will Rolie play with the band at the HOF ceremony?
tj
Cassette Tape

Re: Will Rolie play at HOF

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:56 pm

He def. should. Is there any actual ROF rule that would prevent Arnel from singing with Rolie on Feeling That Way?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby scarab » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:09 am

I believe they will play 3 songs that the HOF determines.
Don't Stop Believing
Open Arms or Faithfully

2/3 of these songs are a lock

Wild Card being either being ANWYWI or Lights I hope the latter (and the finale) and that Rolie and Dunbar (and god forbid) Perry play on this one.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:35 am

Imagine, the band is on stage strapping on their instruments, Steve sitting at drums and Jon getting behind his piano and while this is happening here comes Steve across the stage with microphone in hand. I would go as far the band knows he will be there and they are tying up the loosest of ends. I still am not going. lol . We will see. Darn. I would even bet Rolie will be there. Faithfully and Don't Stop Believing would be my guess. Looking forward to the April HBO schedule.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 am

It should be Feeling That Way/Anytime and Don't Stop Believin', but it will probably be Don't Stop Believ'n and Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:04 am

I would love it if one of the songs that they play is "Wheel In the Sky." It was their very first hit song, and it's a Rocker that a lot of people who generally hate Journey even respect and like. Over the years I've had a lot of people who are mostly just metal fans or Classic Rock fans tell me that they love WITS.

On a personal level, I'd rather they play "Separate Ways" than "Don't Stop Believin'" or one of Open-Arms/Faithfully.
But the odds are overwhelming that they will play DSB and one of Open-Arms/Faithfully.

I'd also be happy if they did play "Any Way You Want It."
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:31 am

No Perry, No Lovin Touchin Squeezin

theHOF got it right with Chicago when Cetera bailed, classic old songs and 25 or 6 to 4 which he sung, but did not write.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 pm

I think they should just have Ross sing "Gone Crazy" and walk off the stage.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I think they should just have Ross sing "Gone Crazy" and walk off the stage.

:D :lol: :roll:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby scarab » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:22 am

Wonder If Augeri is invited to the jam.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby marco17 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:21 am

scarab wrote:Wonder If Augeri is invited to the jam.

Steve A mentioned in an interview somewhere...I think when he was just in Chile, that he will be there and has been invited as a guest. No mention of anything else.
marco17
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:35 am

If the Rock'n Roll Hall Of Fame is picking the songs for Journey to perform, they will pick "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Tom Sawyer." :D
JourneyHard
LP

Postby tj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:01 am

JourneyHard wrote:If the Rock'n Roll Hall Of Fame is picking the songs for Journey to perform, they will pick "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Tom Sawyer." :D

Is the HOF seriously the ones who determine which songs the bands get to play? I can see where they might make suggestions, but final decision seems ridiculous.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:03 am

It seems that if Rolie is going to play, there would need to be some rehearsal. Not having played with the band in almost 40 years, except for a one off here or there, plus having Cain in the mix would seem like you need some coordination. Plus needing to get a huge Hammond B3 there and on the stage is not a small issue either.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby DracIsBack » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:32 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:He def. should. Is there any actual ROF rule that would prevent Arnel from singing with Rolie on Feeling That Way?

No - that band decides who plays.

The guys from Chicago were complete assholes about it last year, attempting to use the induction as a commercial for the current line-up of the band.

Several former members came to the induction but were neither invited to perform or mentioned in speeches. The inducted drummer was expected to "sit out" so the current drummer could play, they refused to adapt the key for Peter Cetera, refused to perform with or mention Bill Champlin (28 years of service and a number one hit) and thanked the current line up of the band in speeches.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby DracIsBack » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:33 am

tj wrote:It seems that if Rolie is going to play, there would need to be some rehearsal. Not having played with the band in almost 40 years, except for a one off here or there, plus having Cain in the mix would seem like you need some coordination. Plus needing to get a huge Hammond B3 there and on the stage is not a small issue either.

They rehearse the day before.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby DracIsBack » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:36 am

scarab wrote:No Perry, No Lovin Touchin Squeezin

theHOF got it right with Chicago when Cetera bailed, classic old songs and 25 or 6 to 4 which he sung, but did not write.

I actually think that was Chicago that pushed for it to be all Robert Lamm songs. If you look at one of the very first interviews he did after the nomination was announced, they asked Lamm what he thought Chicago would perform ... and he immediately cited entirely songs that he wrote ... and no one else. Not Pankow, not Cetera, not Kath. Just Lamm.

And that's what they ended up doing.

The actual induction for Chicago lists songs by multiple writers, but only Lamm songs were performed. Arrogant twerp acted like it was his personal coronation into the Hall of Fame.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Return to Journey