Train's @PatrickJMonahan will be inducting @JourneyOfficial

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Train's @PatrickJMonahan will be inducting @JourneyOfficial

Postby tater1977 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Rock Hall‏Verified account
@rockhall

https://twitter.com/rockhall/status/846980748846546946

Train's @PatrickJMonahan will be inducting @JourneyOfficial into the Rock Hall #RockHall2017 (2/5)
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Train's @PatrickJMonahan will be inducting @JourneyOffic

Postby tater1977 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 pm

:lol: :lol:

Todd Meany‏Verified account @toddmeany · 2h2 hours ago
@rockhall @JourneyOfficial Kind of odd that an Irish comedian will be inducting Journey, but congrats @PatrickJMonahan. #wrongtwitter

Jan Hill @janhill19 · 11m11 minutes ago
@rockhall @PatrickJMonahan @JourneyOfficial I think you tagged the wrong guy lol!!

Eric E.‏ @ItsMeDoublEE · 2h2 hours ago
@rockhall @PatrickJMonahan @JourneyOfficial Patrick Monahan of @train probably a better choice but okay, let's go with the #Irish funnyman

ILuvUpstateNY‏ @ILuvUpstateNY · 4h4 hours ago
@rockhall @PatrickJMonahan @JourneyOfficial This should be good@!
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:34 pm

:lol: Think this is the Pat Monahan HoF is ref/ too ...

Train Covers Don't Stop Believing by Journey Del Mar Fair 2012

https://youtu.be/b1B_dLyHptc
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:17 pm

In reply to Todd Meany

Rock Hall‏Verified account @rockhall · 31m31 minutes ago
@toddmeany That feeling when you tag the wrong twitter account because you saw a verified checkmark #HappyWednesday

In reply to Eric E.

Rock Hall‏Verified account @rockhall · 33m33 minutes ago
@ItsMeDoublEE Yep, that was the wrong twitter. But it'd be great if they were both onstage.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:18 am

Seems like an unusual choice. Is the HOF sending some kind of message?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:39 am

Train is a Bay Area band, and it's a safe bet that Pat was inspired by Perry and Journey.

He's not the first choice that any of us would have guessed, but being a Bay Area musician paying tribute to a band who probably helped influence him...I'm cool with it.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:58 am

Once you know the history, it makes more sense. Thanks.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tedpruitt » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:45 am

...or there is some weird plan to have him sing with the band since they cut out everyone but SP... and unless he pulls a "walk of fame" and suddenly decides at the last minute to show up - it's unlikely he's even going to be there.
tedpruitt
Radio Waves

Postby scarab » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:01 am

Terrible pick, should have been one of their contemporaries from the late 70s 80's (Hello Bon Jovi) arena rock or an A-lister who is a die hard Journey fan.

Train was pretty successful mid 2000's thround early 2010's, but for most of us older Journey Fans they are just the "Hey Soul Sister" band. A song I abhor.

really sad. Guess I wont be missing much other than hopefully Rolie playing keys (I really doubt singing).
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:45 am

Politics always in play here, folks. Remember that HBO has a say in what happens on what is their show. There's only so many old geezers they want walking out before they see their 18-49 demo reaching for the remote. And, Train has a album/tour to promote so those are considerations for management too.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby SoonerThunder » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:35 am

Meh. I was hoping for Sammy Hagar or maybe Carlos
SoonerThunder
Radio Waves

Postby Lora » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:54 am

Meh. I was hoping for Randy Jackson.

I really like their choice of Dhani Harrison to induct ELO, though. :D
Lora
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 am

Lora wrote:Meh. I was hoping for Randy Jackson.

I really like their choice of Dhani Harrison to induct ELO, though. :D

Dhani looks and sounds like his dad still.

https://youtu.be/dKOoDBm4YR0
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Marabelle » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 am

Hmm, I was thinking someone other than Train. Not that Train isn't a good band although I know one song they've sung but other than that; it's kind of empty. I was imagining a big star like Adam Levine or Kenny Loggins or someone with name recognition not that Train doesn't have name recognition just seems light. I think Randy Jackson might have been a very good choice and people know him from American Idol but Train...not so much even though they probably have a strong fan base. Oh well, doesn't change the fact that the band will be in the HOF. And, I am still not going. lol!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:12 am

Train is a pretty big band and I like them - mostly. I actually love Pat's solo album, but it tanked. On his podcast he had a great interview with Jonathan Cain. He is the absolute hardest working man in showbiz today. It seems they pop up everywhere and don't turn down anything. Over-saturation in my opinion. The new album is pretty fluffy, but it's growing on me a little. Not as good as some of the past stuff.

Here's what bother's me about Train right now. Train is Pat Monahan. Period. All other original members have been pushed out after having their influence lessened with each album. The guitarist is not even on the new record, though he says things are fine and he will appear with them at times. That's not a band and it bothers me.

That said, Train is always in my standard rotation. Old, new, whatever. Check out their episode of LFDH. Wait for Me and Papa was a Rolling Stone were nothing short of incredible.

As far as inducting Journey, I bet Pat lobbies for himself to be an "Inductor" every year. Like I said, he'll work a local VFW if they need someone. He'll do a great job, I'm sure. But definitely not in the realm of possibilities I considered. The San Francisco connection is good.

I think Fan Asylum used to work with them in the early years, right Lora?
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 am

Reminded of a funny moment from LFDH with Monahan. Pat as supposed to sing first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-pVoBB804

The actual song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAuv-oYT28

Papa Was a Rolling Stone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOabsfRNyxs
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Lora » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 am

Memorex wrote:As far as inducting Journey, I bet Pat lobbies for himself to be an "Inductor" every year. Like I said, he'll work a local VFW if they need someone. He'll do a great job, I'm sure. But definitely not in the realm of possibilities I considered. The San Francisco connection is good.

We actually never worked with Train. Seems like we should have since they are Bay Area, but we have never had any contact with them.
Lora
8 Track

Postby Memorex » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:42 am

Lora wrote:
Memorex wrote:As far as inducting Journey, I bet Pat lobbies for himself to be an "Inductor" every year. Like I said, he'll work a local VFW if they need someone. He'll do a great job, I'm sure. But definitely not in the realm of possibilities I considered. The San Francisco connection is good.

We actually never worked with Train. Seems like we should have since they are Bay Area, but we have never had any contact with them.

I must be thinking of Matchbox 20 or something. My age and lack of memory is showing. :)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby WIX » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:02 am

They scratched that, it is now Dionne Warwick as she was the only one that knew the way to San Jose originally. She pulled rank!
WIX
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Makes sense. Wouldn't have been my choice, but it makes sense.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 am

Train’s Pat Monahan: ‘We Are Like Journey in Many Ways’

http://radio.com/2017/03/30/train-pat-m ... l-of-fame/
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey