Top Ten Songs Likely to be performed at RRHOF

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Top Ten Songs Likely to be performed at RRHOF

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:20 pm

Don't Stop Believin' is a sure thing. Now, here is the list.

Top Ten Songs Journey will most likely perform at Rock'n Roll Hall Of Fame
10. Feelin' That Way/Anytime - I would love this to happen. Gregg Rolie could show what he brought to the table.

9. Stone In Love - Neal could show Journey isn't a soft rock band.

8. Open Arms or Faithfully - Jon could show Journey is a soft rock band.

7. Lights - Always a fan favorite.

6. When You Love A Woman - Fans love this song more than you know.

5. Wheel In The Sky - A strong early hit song.

4. Just The Same Way - If they want Gregg Rolie to sing, but they don't have enough time for Feelin' That Way/Anytime.

3. Any Way You Want It - Fans love this song and would leave singing this on the way home.

2. Who's Cryin' Now - Many fans believe this song is better than Faithfully.

1. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' - When they sing the "NA NA NA NA NA" part, they could direct it at all those who thought Journey would never be in the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame. Journey would show a good sense of humor if they do this song.
JourneyHard
LP

Re: Top Ten Songs Likely to be performed at RRHOF

Postby scarab » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 pm

still stand by
DSB
Faithfullly or Open Arms (heck, they went on Ellen just to perform OA)
Lights
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:01 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (28.95 KiB) Viewed 740 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 pm

Separate Ways should be replaced by When You Love a Woman, their only Grammy nominated song.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:39 am

I'm happy enough with "Separate Ways" and "Don't Stop Believin.'" But I wish that it was going to be "Wheel In The Sky" instead of "Lights."
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby WalrusOct9 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:35 am

Yeah, I definitely would've picked "Wheel In The Sky" as the token Rolie-era choice. Showcase the more hard rock side of the band instead of a ballad.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:53 am

As much as I love WITS, I will never understand how it became an upbeat tempo rocker live.
Shocked that NEal has not mentioned Open Arms or Faithfully, but very happy. But I suppose if there is only one ballad, it should be lights.
If it sticks with SW, DSB, and Lights, all the viewers (Which I cant see to high being on HBO) will see Journey CAN as does rock.

But I am sure all will be happy as The Greatest hits Vol 1 will sell a few more copies.
But would have very cool, as neal said, Im sure PErry can sing a few lines of Walks Like a Lady, Which for me is the exact opposite of WITS live, as it is much better live. (Unless Ross sings it) :lol:
Or Just the same way, which would be great for there underachieving, GH Vol 2.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Moose » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:10 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2017-8-questions-we-still-have-w475010

The 2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony is just days away. The Brooklyn event is going to bring together rival factions of bands and honor rock greats we've lost in the past year, though we just don't know exactly how it's going to all happen. Here are eight lingering questions.

1. Will Steve Perry show up?
The current lineup of Journey hasn't laid eyes on Steve Perry since he made an unexpected appearance at their Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony in 2005. Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain told the Dayton Daily News that Perry will come and not perform, but that hasn't been confirmed. Steve Perry has said not a single public word on the subject, so the world remains in the dark about his intentions.

2. If Perry does come, will he sing with Journey?
Neal Schon has tweeted that the group plans on performing "Lights," "Separate Ways" and "Don't Stop Believin'." These are all Perry-era songs. Will he really stand backstage or in the audience as Arnel Pineda sings them? The group has made it very clear they'd love to have him join them. Schon has even offered to tune down his guitar to C and let him handle the relatively easy "Walks Like a Lady." Perry did sing with the Eels a few years ago and pulled off "Open Arms" pretty nicely. If he did sing even a single song with Journey it would be an amazing Hall of Fame moment. Right now, we simply have no clue what's going to happen, though the safe money is on Perry not singing.
Moose
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey