New Night Ranger

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

New Night Ranger

Postby Aaron » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:51 am

Tell me how these guys are not the melodic rock rulers of now. Great writing, great vocals and no bs. Bring it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9zw-HLO_to
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Re: New Night Ranger

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:28 pm

Aaron wrote:Tell me how these guys are not the melodic rock rulers of now. Great writing, great vocals and no bs. Bring it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9zw-HLO_to

Good stuff. I have tickets to see them next Saturday. I hope they don't play as many covers as some of their setlists show, though. Gimme Come Again and then all the rest Ranger stuff!
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:03 am

Going to see them on 4/22 in Atlantic City. They're opening for Dennis DeYoung
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:32 am

AR wrote:Going to see them on 4/22 in Atlantic City. They're opening for Dennis DeYoung

I could understand how Night Ranger could open for Styx, (Especially if DeYoung were still in Styx) but I'm surprised that Night Ranger would be opening for DeYoung solo.
That's no knock on DeYoung, it's just that I would think in terms of name recognition, I would think that Night Ranger would be bigger than DeYoung on his own.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:02 am

Haven't listened yet, but you gotta give NR credit. Consistently putting out new stuff. Schon/Cain should have collaborated with Blades for every Journey album since Arrival.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:12 am

Don't Let Up, only given it a couple of spins, but so far nowhere near as good as High Road. I think High Road is my favorite Night Ranger CD. Hopefully the new one will grow on me.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Aaron » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:46 am

I couldn't agree more. I've spun Don't Let Up twice and then got stuck on track 1. I've not come off track 1 yet. High Road took several spins for me to appreciate how good it is. I'm hoping for the same on the new one.

RedWingFan wrote:Don't Let Up, only given it a couple of spins, but so far nowhere near as good as High Road. I think High Road is my favorite Night Ranger CD. Hopefully the new one will grow on me.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:14 pm

7 is the last Night Ranger CD that I bought. Are any of their albums since 7 better than it and Neverland were?
I'm a huge fan of all of the albums from the Dawn Patrol through Feeding Off The Mojo time period. But I was extremely disappointed in Neverland and 7.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 am

IMO the newest 3 cd's are better than all classic stuff including Dawn Patrol.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:36 am

Better check out "Jamie" off the new cd. If we had radio coverage anymore, NR would have two numero uno's with "Somehow Somewhere" and "Jamie" off of Don't Let Up.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:10 am

I was/am coincidentally listening to Night Ranger's "7 Wishes" CD as I just logged on here.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Journey