TMZ Says Steve Will Perform One Song With Journey

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: TMZ Says Steve Will Perform One Song With Journey

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:06 pm

marco17 wrote:Evidently Cain briefly mentioned Augeri and Castronovo but that was the only mention of them during the speeches.

That's cool. Both deserve recognition.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby slucero » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:35 pm

People need to get a fucking grip about Perry not singing...

The last time Perry ever sang these songs was February 1, 1987. Expecting a 68-year-old man to perform songs he last sang 30 years ago at age 38 is a little much.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:43 pm

slucero wrote:People need to get a fucking grip about Perry not singing...

The last time Perry ever sang these songs was February 1, 1987. Expecting a 68-year-old man to perform songs he last sang 30 years ago at age 38 is a little much.

Well, actually he was singing them on tour in 1994/1995.

I don't think that anyone was being ridiculous enough to think that Perry or anyone else (In their late 60's) for that matter could sing those songs the same as he did in the 1980's?

They could have tuned down for him. Which they did offer to do.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Tomulator » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Oh settle down. We can be upset if we want to.

It's not about how well he'd have sung anyway...look at how poorly AP sang.
It's about reconciling with the band, paying respect to the music, and giving something
special back to the fans!

He missed the ultimate opportunity to do that...and I'm pissed off about it.

Deal with it!
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Tomulator wrote:Oh settle down. We can be upset if we want to.

It's about reconciling with the band, paying respect to the music, and giving something

Deal with it!

I'll have to say, you do have a good point.
jrny84
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
slucero wrote:People need to get a fucking grip about Perry not singing...

Well, actually he was singing them on tour in 1994/1995.

I don't think that anyone was being ridiculous enough to think that Perry or anyone else (In their late 60's) for that matter could sing those songs the same as he did in the 1980's?

They could have tuned down for him. Which they did offer to do.

SP recently sang some of these tunes with the Eels. There is no doubt in my mind that he could have performed a song like Lights and brought down the house. But he chose not to. Oh well. Once and for all, this should lay to rest any questions about him rejoining the band.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Marabelle » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 pm

I think his attendance at the ceremony, his graciousness in meeting Arnel, his humility, his touching speech and him seemingly being overwhelmed with emotion was so touching to me. He got the ovation that he deserved from all those in the audience and he recognized those that were instrumental in helping him in his career! Bravo! Wonderful all the way around!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Deal with it!

he did that.. he showed up.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby St.George » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Deal with it!

+1

slucero wrote:

Showing up to your own homage? Oh wow... the guy did a big effort, huh? :roll:

B*tch, please... Facts, not words. That's what was needed here... I'm tired of his bullsh*t discourse of loving the fans and blahblahblah... Assume it! He doesn't give a f*ck about the fans.
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby MotherCitay » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:46 pm

And so they go their separate ways ....... again!

SEP WAYS HOF.jpg
SEP WAYS HOF.jpg (74.46 KiB) Viewed 967 times
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:57 pm

St.George wrote:

Deal with it!

+1

slucero wrote:

Showing up to your own homage? Oh wow... the guy did a big effort, huh? :roll:

B*tch, please... Facts, not words. That's what was needed here... I'm tired of his bullsh*t discourse of loving the fans and blahblahblah... Assume it! He doesn't give a f*ck about the fans.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that he doesn't care about his fans. But I will say that in my opinion he put his own ego ahead of his fans in this case.
I believe that his ego would either not allow him to risk potentially sounding bad, or that his ego would not allow him to perform with his former band-mates who he resents for moving on without him.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby St.George » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that he doesn't care about his fans. But I will say that in my opinion he put his own ego ahead of his fans in this case.
I believe that his ego would either not allow him to risk potentially sounding bad, or that his ego would not allow him to perform with his former band-mates who he resents for moving on without him.

C'mon, he's been 20+ years keeping high hopes and creating expectations but in the end... NADA!

I don't know what's the point in keeping that torch light and do the opposite. He never had the guts to say to his public: "I'm retired! I won't record again". So I don't blame the fans for believing in him. I think it's only HIM to blame.
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby St.George » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:18 pm

MotherCitay wrote:.

:lol:

Fakers.jpg
Fakers.jpg (32.75 KiB) Viewed 959 times

They already hit the stage coming from "Separate Ways". BTW, the moment when Neal and Steve salute each other is sooooooo fake... It was all a circus. There were very little honesty in JRNY's induction... :x :cry:
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby DracIsBack » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:[

The latter is silly fan melodrama. The former is more likely given that he almost never sings live anyway now and when he does, it's covered by a plethora of ageist "OMG he can't sing anymore" because he can't sing impossibly high songs recorded at 30 years old like the original record

at 68 year old
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby Memorex » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:19 pm

Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby perryswoman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:34 pm

Well It was nice seeing the crowd go absolutely nuts over SP. I thought he had some very nice things to say about the band. Never in a million years thought I would hear him say he loved Arnel but I am sure he say what a gracious person Arnel was. All that being said, I knew he would not sing, I only hoped for a line or 2 on stage with Neal and Jon. Can't help but to feel sad that it didn't happen.
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:45 pm

brywool wrote:
Pacfanweb wrote:If he was going to sing, the band would kind of HAVE to be aware of it so they could tune down to whatever key he feels comfortable in, right?

He can't just get up there when they're ready to do a song with Arnel and have Arnel hand him the mic and just continue like that.

UNLESS his voice is in better shape than people (including me) have been speculating (yeah... right). Then he, theoretically COULD do this. I still say, the band should start "Lights", then stop, and then go into "Just the Same Way" with Gregg. I don't need to hear lights again and I would LOVE to see Greg AND Steve. wow. Mind blown.

As per Uncle Joe, who is in touch with him...so it seemed...yes, in fact he said it is nearly as good as when he was with Journey. That's saying a lot.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Tomulator » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:59 pm

Then WHY oh WHY didn't he just sing a song with the band????!

What an opportunity MISSED.

Bummed.

:(
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby Pacfanweb » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:39 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
brywool wrote:
Pacfanweb wrote:If he was going to sing, the band would kind of HAVE to be aware of it so they could tune down to whatever key he feels comfortable in, right?

He can't just get up there when they're ready to do a song with Arnel and have Arnel hand him the mic and just continue like that.

UNLESS his voice is in better shape than people (including me) have been speculating (yeah... right). Then he, theoretically COULD do this. I still say, the band should start "Lights", then stop, and then go into "Just the Same Way" with Gregg. I don't need to hear lights again and I would LOVE to see Greg AND Steve. wow. Mind blown.

As per Uncle Joe, who is in touch with him...so it seemed...yes, in fact he said it is nearly as good as when he was with Journey. That's saying a lot.

Riiigghht.

Going to have to call BS on that one. Y'all heard him with the Eels, right? No way it's come back that far, even if he's been steadily exercising it since then.
And if he has....why? For what, if not the HOF? No, that doesn't even make sense.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby Ehwmatt » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:47 am

It's ridiculous he couldn't at least bring himself to belt out a verse of Lights or something. Very glad I turned down an invite to the Induction.

I don't care that he "showed up" or was "with" the band again. He's not a head of state or a famous reclusive actor coming out of hiding. He is (or at least was) a singer and a performer. "Showing up" means singing.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby AR » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:42 am

My initial call was correct. Sorry Loons.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby SteveForever » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:42 am

MotherCitay wrote:.

SEP WAYS HOF.jpg

Neal's tummy hanging out, lol
SteveForever
Stereo LP

Previous

Return to Journey