Live Performances Journey HOF 2017

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Live Performances Journey HOF 2017

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:42 am

FamilyMan wrote:To endlessly compare Augeri's demise with Arnel is a waste of everyone's time.

Sounds like you are in denial. Arnel is a stronger vocalist than SA, but he is not infallible - and the dirty dozen is taking a very noticeable toll. 3 more years (at best) and he is toast.

FamilyMan wrote:No better proof than the seal of approval from Perry, who to my knowledge, never spoke out in support of Augeri.

SP also endorsed JSS. He's entitled to his opinion.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:59 am

I might like Pineda's singing slightly better than Augeri's, but only slightly better. And both seem like good guys.

I will point out that one reason why Perry might be a little more willing to compliment Pineda than he was to compliment Augeri is that Augeri was the guy who was directly replacing Perry. You're less likely to compliment the guy that is first to replace you. By the time Pineda became Journey's singer there had already been 2 other singers between Perry and Pineda.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:I might like Pineda's singing slightly better than Augeri's, but only slightly better. And both seem like good guys.

I will point out that one reason why Perry might be a little more willing to compliment Pineda than he was to compliment Augeri is that Augeri was the guy who was directly replacing Perry. You're less likely to compliment the guy that is first to replace you. By the time Pineda became Journey's singer there had already been 2 other singers between Perry and Pineda.

Agreed. Also, Arnel's rags to riches story was widely embraced by media (Ellen, Oprah, etc) in a way that the Augeri was not. Augeri was also viewed as a usurper because people did not grasp that SP was truly done.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:26 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:I might like Pineda's singing slightly better than Augeri's, but only slightly better. And both seem like good guys.

Agreed. Also, Arnel's rags to riches story was widely embraced by media (Ellen, Oprah, etc) in a way that the Augeri was not. Augeri was also viewed as a usurper because people did not grasp that SP was truly done.

Yep. Augeri definitely had the bigger shoes to fill. I did like that they were kind of trying a new direction with the band, instead of just carrying on with the legacy sound, but I always thought the odds were against Augeri.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby marco17 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:36 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Yep. Augeri definitely had the bigger shoes to fill. I did like that they were kind of trying a new direction with the band, instead of just carrying on with the legacy sound, but I always thought the odds were against Augeri.

And, it may not have meant a thing, but if you watch the speeches... when Cain does mention Augeri and Castronovo, Perry is actually the first one to start clapping and shaking his head in a positive manner. I too believe he was less likely to support SA because he was the initial replacement. But that's just my 2 cents.
marco17
8 Track

Postby DracIsBack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:02 am

I think you guys are really reading into things if you think it means anything that Perry thanked Arnel at the Hall of Fame as a sign that he didn't like or respect Augeri.

Like really really reaching ...
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:56 pm

DracIsBack wrote:I think you guys are really reading into things if you think it means anything that Perry thanked Arnel at the Hall of Fame as a sign that he didn't like or respect Augeri.

Like really really reaching ...

Never said it was a deliberate Augeri diss; simply said that he really did Arnel a solid by giving him that endorsement.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Previous

Return to Journey