Perry dangling the carrot again

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:37 am

Well, it's the first time I've heard a date mentioned. October would be nice.... 5 more months. I can use something to look forward to.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:07 am

Archetype wrote:I don't even call it "dangling the carrot" any longer. It's just a deliberate lie for media relevancy. Same story over and over again.


It is not a deliberate lie. The approximate target date...unlike the other times...is October. And if NOT, then its a delay...NOT A LIE! Don't say that, because he wouldn't claim to love the fans and then deliberately lie to them. What for?!? To deliberate piss them off. Please...give him more credit than that. He's got real guts for going against the grain time--after time--after time as the Steve Perry guide to business aptly illustrates. Let's be patient and REMEMBER that he doesn't answer to anybody but the one up above.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Lora » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:50 am

Archetype wrote:I don't even call it "dangling the carrot" any longer. It's just a deliberate lie for media relevancy. Same story over and over again.


Media relevancy? Seriously? Like he ever seeks that out or cares about it? He gets requests for interviews all the time, from just about every source you can imagine. He could have a ton of media coverage if he wanted to. People need to relax and stop acting like he stole their lives from them.
User avatar
Lora
8 Track
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:59 am

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 pm

It's not that Lora, it's really how important Perry is to people's lives. He didn't ask for it but it's real, he's been a huge influence to people with his voice, words and emotion. To some it's kind of a religious experience. And this becomes very important to people and they have expectations of receiving more. Perry didn't ask for it but when you're good you're good. :) People crave anything new from Steve when it doesn't happy people are not happy. And to be fair, Steve has talked about a new record for longer than I care to admit.

I hope he is happy, living out his days. If he brings new music I'd be ecstatic. I do hope he realizes the opportunity for doing anything new or Journey related is slipping away with every day. We're all getting older and need to move. I just bought a new race car coming to this realization. :)

Thanks for your great posts and insight.

Lora wrote:
Archetype wrote:I don't even call it "dangling the carrot" any longer. It's just a deliberate lie for media relevancy. Same story over and over again.


Media relevancy? Seriously? Like he ever seeks that out or cares about it? He gets requests for interviews all the time, from just about every source you can imagine. He could have a ton of media coverage if he wanted to. People need to relax and stop acting like he stole their lives from them.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:05 pm

SP is human like the rest of us.

Doesn't everyone have a 'honey-do' list :?:
Can you honestly say you have finished every item on time
and pleased ever single person involved :?:

I know I sure haven't. Life sometimes gets in the way and
especially work, family and friends.
Those 'all of a sudden' calls ... hey I need some help, but
your busy doing your own thing, but you drop it to go help
your bud. All of a sudden your project gets put on the back
burner, where it may sit and you procrastinate about it
until your enthusiasm returns.

Or, you get upset with everyone/life , so you pack your bag
and take off for a couple weeks.

Been wanting to put new siding on the house for 4 years and
only in May did the contractors start. Yes, life does get in the way
but somehow we seem to get back on track.

I can't say what SP does or if he has a 'honey-do' list , but I suspect
he lives his life, trying like we all do...one day at a time.
People aren't going to die, if they don't hear a new SP trax
this month or next.
It will be there, when he's ok with it.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Frankie Sullivan of Survivor is notorious for lying to fans over and over and over again about his intentions to release a new Survivor album. Sullivan has no intentions of releasing a new album. He lies like that to try to keep Survivor fans interested in the band. The reality of it is that by lying over and over again, he alienates himself from the fans of the band. He does way, way more harm to the bands image by lying to the fans about his intentions than he gains anything by it.

Will Perry ever release a new album? I doubt it. But I hope that he does!

But basically he was misleading his fans all of these years by claiming that he intends to release something soon. He knew that he wasn't releasing anything anytime soon, but he kept claiming that he would to keep fans interested.

All musicians should stop claiming that they are soon to release a new album unless they are doing their absolute best to live up to that claim.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:34 pm

My life will go on with or without new music from SP, but I look forward to hearing his voice again anyway. I don't want him to release it until he feels completely satisfied with it, and just the thought that it might be out this fall makes my days a little brighter.

I don't apologize for feeling this way, I just appreciate there is something good to look forward to in these very stressful times. Music has always helped me enjoy life more, and calmed me down when times are tough. Steve's voice does this better than any other.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:Frankie Sullivan of Survivor is notorious for lying to fans over and over and over again about his intentions to release a new Survivor album. Sullivan has no intentions of releasing a new album. He lies like that to try to keep Survivor fans interested in the band. The reality of it is that by lying over and over again, he alienates himself from the fans of the band. He does way, way more harm to the bands image by lying to the fans about his intentions than he gains anything by it.

Will Perry ever release a new album? I doubt it. But I hope that he does!

But basically he was misleading his fans all of these years by claiming that he intends to release something soon. He knew that he wasn't releasing anything anytime soon, but he kept claiming that he would to keep fans interested.

All musicians should stop claiming that they are soon to release a new album unless they are doing their absolute best to live up to that claim.


I agree with you on Survivor. If your not going to do it keep your trap shut.
I moved on from them.
What I don't get is if your upset, pissed and say SP's lying ... how come you don't move on :?:
Less heartburn in one's life not to deal with someone you say is like that, correct :?:
Not being a smartazz, just trying to understand.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:12 pm

perryfan61 wrote:My life will go on with or without new music from SP, but I look forward to hearing his voice again anyway. I don't want him to release it until he feels completely satisfied with it, and just the thought that it might be out this fall makes my days a little brighter.

I don't apologize for feeling this way, I just appreciate there is something good to look forward to in these very stressful times. Music has always helped me enjoy life more, and calmed me down when times are tough. Steve's voice does this better than any other.


Great post! I hope that you and I both get to hear Steve sing again, as well as all of his fans!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:26 pm

tater1977 wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:Frankie Sullivan of Survivor is notorious for lying to fans over and over and over again about his intentions to release a new Survivor album. Sullivan has no intentions of releasing a new album. He lies like that to try to keep Survivor fans interested in the band. The reality of it is that by lying over and over again, he alienates himself from the fans of the band. He does way, way more harm to the bands image by lying to the fans about his intentions than he gains anything by it.

Will Perry ever release a new album? I doubt it. But I hope that he does!

But basically he was misleading his fans all of these years by claiming that he intends to release something soon. He knew that he wasn't releasing anything anytime soon, but he kept claiming that he would to keep fans interested.

All musicians should stop claiming that they are soon to release a new album unless they are doing their absolute best to live up to that claim.


I agree with you on Survivor. If your not going to do it keep your trap shut.
I moved on from them.
What I don't get is if your upset, pissed and say SP's lying ... how come you don't move on :?:
Less heartburn in one's life not to deal with someone you say is like that, correct :?:
Not being a smartazz, just trying to understand.


I don't take any offense to what you said.

Honestly, it's not like I spend much time on here overall complaining about Steve Perry. The guy is my second favorite singer ever. I don't think that he's a bad guy by any means. But both Sullivan and Perry do piss me off when they keep getting fans hopes up when in my opinion they don't have any intention to release something new.
I hope that I'm wrong. I hope that Perry does release a new album and that it sells well for him and he's happy in his life.
I hope that Sullivan releases more Survivor material. Especially if it has Jamison or Bickler on lead vocals, which in the case of Jamison would have to be old recordings that were never released in the past. But that's almost guaranteed to not happen.

I'm also sick of obsessed Perry fans that continue to whine all of these years later about Schon and the rest of the band continuing on without Perry, seeing as Perry could have been proactive with his hip recovery and done something about it. Perry gave the band no choice but to move on with someone else.

I certainly don't spend an average day thinking about Steve Perry. I still love to listen to his albums from the past, and I hope that he does release a new album eventually. He just needs to be honest about whether or not he really is going to release a new album or not. Maybe he finally will?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:Maybe he finally will?

Hopefully, one day soon...
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:37 am

Tomulator wrote:Reading this makes last night all the more FRUSTRATING and DISAPPOINTING.

His speaking voice sounded good...if not "higher" than it has been. I suspect his singing
voice has regained some of its power and range too. Stands to reason.

I just cannot understand or accept the fact that he didn't sing last night...baffles the mind!

As a fan...I'm really depressed about it.

☹️


It's not like Arnel sounded that great. I'm not putting him down or anything, but he clearly has to sing in a lower key than in the past and sounded a little rough. I think Perry would have done fine with Lights if it would have happened.
BVB
User avatar
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:05 pm
Location: The Grove of Eglantine

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Archetype » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Lora wrote:
Archetype wrote:I don't even call it "dangling the carrot" any longer. It's just a deliberate lie for media relevancy. Same story over and over again.


Media relevancy? Seriously? Like he ever seeks that out or cares about it? He gets requests for interviews all the time, from just about every source you can imagine. He could have a ton of media coverage if he wanted to. People need to relax and stop acting like he stole their lives from them.



Acting like he stole my life from me? Or just pointing out the obvious? For what it's worth, I had never heard of Journey until 2003, so I'm partial to Steve Augeri. I don't especially care about what Steve Perry does one way or the other, but he has been telling this new album story since at least 2010. It's not happening. It's a lie, and it's obvious. That's all.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:33 am

You need to keep in mind that Steve now has the creative freedom to work without a record contract or a hard deadline hanging over his head, and that's not a bad thing. He's on his own timeline, and his creative urges will dictate the flow. I've been there with my own creative projects. You can go through high phases and low phases. You may have days, weeks or months where you feel like you can take on the world, and you are excited so you naturally want to tell people about it. Then life can get in the way,or you temporarily lose your inspiration, and you feel like you have noting to say creatively. So your project gets put on hold for a while...for days, weeks, months or even years. You can't force creativity. Once you get that urge to move on, you do so. Being a perfectionist at your craft unfortunately ads more hurdles to the process.

He'll get there!
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Marabelle » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:49 am

Hmm I don't suppose there are many including myself who has to live a life filled with the pressure of external expectations. As Lora said in her post, he receives some sort of request daily for his time for interviews more than likely to discuss music he has released or is recording. There are the expectations of the future and memories of the past that if he is not careful, he can get stuck in along with his own perfectionism. I am happy that he hasn't given up and he can still say after all this time that he is still trying to get out new music. It's a process and gradually without living under too much personal stress or others expectations and verbalized criticism before hearing a note, he can do exactly what he has been saying he is trying to do. Glad he hasn't given up on us!
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Archetype » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:56 am

Art Vandelay wrote:You need to keep in mind that Steve now has the creative freedom to work without a record contract or a hard deadline hanging over his head, and that's not a bad thing. He's on his own timeline, and his creative urges will dictate the flow. I've been there with my own creative projects. You can go through high phases and low phases. You may have days, weeks or months where you feel like you can take on the world, and you are excited so you naturally want to tell people about it. Then life can get in the way,or you temporarily lose your inspiration, and you feel like you have noting to say creatively. So your project gets put on hold for a while...for days, weeks, months or even years. You can't force creativity. Once you get that urge to move on, you do so. Being a perfectionist at your craft unfortunately ads more hurdles to the process.

He'll get there!


So you're saying that he managed to play a huge role on 9 studio albums (7 Journey 2 solo) in the span of 18 years, 7 of which were released within 8 years of each other, and now somehow his "perfectionism" has delayed him nearly a decade? At this point he's all talk and no action. He's stringing people along, and everyone always latches right on to it and is like "omg it's really real this time!" He's not releasing anything. I'll bet on it right now.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 am

Archetype wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:You need to keep in mind that Steve now has the creative freedom to work without a record contract or a hard deadline hanging over his head, and that's not a bad thing. He's on his own timeline, and his creative urges will dictate the flow. I've been there with my own creative projects. You can go through high phases and low phases. You may have days, weeks or months where you feel like you can take on the world, and you are excited so you naturally want to tell people about it. Then life can get in the way,or you temporarily lose your inspiration, and you feel like you have noting to say creatively. So your project gets put on hold for a while...for days, weeks, months or even years. You can't force creativity. Once you get that urge to move on, you do so. Being a perfectionist at your craft unfortunately ads more hurdles to the process.

He'll get there!


So you're saying that he managed to play a huge role on 9 studio albums (7 Journey 2 solo) in the span of 18 years, 7 of which were released within 8 years of each other, and now somehow his "perfectionism" has delayed him nearly a decade? At this point he's all talk and no action. He's stringing people along, and everyone always latches right on to it and is like "omg it's really real this time!" He's not releasing anything. I'll bet on it right now.


I'm not saying anything specific about his work ethics or habits. I've never been in any of the band's presence to witness their creative process. Have you?
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:01 am

Archetype wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
He'll get there!


So you're saying that he managed to play a huge role on 9 studio albums (7 Journey 2 solo) in the span of 18 years, 7 of which were released within 8 years of each other, and now somehow his "perfectionism" has delayed him nearly a decade?


I'd say the circumstances / factors are certainly different between back then and now.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Archetype » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:13 am

I understand the term "Perry loon" now. He tells the same story for about a decade and never delivers and it's always "he's a perfectionist!" "You don't know the circumstances!" "Things are different now!" "Creative freedom!" "The flow of creativity!" "No timeline!" It's almost like talking to scientologists. He isn't ever going to release anything. I'd be happy to eat crow, but it's really clear at this point that he just likes to talk and not deliver.

Remember the 50 songs he had ready to release about 5 years ago? Where are those?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:18 am

Archetype wrote:I understand the term "Perry loon" now. He tells the same story for about a decade and never delivers and it's always "he's a perfectionist!" "You don't know the circumstances!" "Things are different now!" "Creative freedom!" "The flow of creativity!" "No timeline!" It's almost like talking to scientologists. He isn't ever going to release anything. I'd be happy to eat crow, but it's really clear at this point that he just likes to talk and not deliver.

Remember the 50 songs he had ready to release about 5 years ago? Where are those?


If Perry releases a new CD are you going to buy it ?
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Archetype » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:21 am

tater1977 wrote:
Archetype wrote:I understand the term "Perry loon" now. He tells the same story for about a decade and never delivers and it's always "he's a perfectionist!" "You don't know the circumstances!" "Things are different now!" "Creative freedom!" "The flow of creativity!" "No timeline!" It's almost like talking to scientologists. He isn't ever going to release anything. I'd be happy to eat crow, but it's really clear at this point that he just likes to talk and not deliver.

Remember the 50 songs he had ready to release about 5 years ago? Where are those?


If Perry releases a new CD are you going to buy it ?


I would buy it, but I have zero expectations of it ever happening.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby shaneslatts » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:21 am

Steve Perry is an odd duck.....in a good way.
NO ONE could convince him to "reunite with Journey" "for the fans" even for a one off....
No Sir.
Instead he shows up in of all places, Minneapolis with, of all groups The Eels and sings several songs.
I think he will release his music, when he wants in his time.
He's lost a love to cancer, and battled it himself, and I do not believe he is a liar.
shaneslatts
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:02 am

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Archetype » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:31 am

shaneslatts wrote:Steve Perry is an odd duck.....in a good way.
NO ONE could convince him to "reunite with Journey" "for the fans" even for a one off....
No Sir.
Instead he shows up in of all places, Minneapolis with, of all groups The Eels and sings several songs.
I think he will release his music, when he wants in his time.
He's lost a love to cancer, and battled it himself, and I do not believe he is a liar.


What does cancer have to do with lying or not? Is everyone who has ever fought or lost someone to cancer 100% truthful?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 am

Steve Perry's new album was rumored to have two Beatles' covers on it. This might be smart. Everybody knows the Beatles and would automatically be fans of the new album. Recently, a poll was taken and white teenagers' favorite band was the Beatles, and even black teens had the Beatles at number two!

Also, Steve Perry should include one Christmas song on the new album. Then every store you walk into during Christmas season, you would hear Perry singing. :D
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Lora » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:40 am

Archetype wrote:
Lora wrote:
Archetype wrote:I don't even call it "dangling the carrot" any longer. It's just a deliberate lie for media relevancy. Same story over and over again.


Media relevancy? Seriously? Like he ever seeks that out or cares about it? He gets requests for interviews all the time, from just about every source you can imagine. He could have a ton of media coverage if he wanted to. People need to relax and stop acting like he stole their lives from them.



Acting like he stole my life from me? Or just pointing out the obvious? For what it's worth, I had never heard of Journey until 2003, so I'm partial to Steve Augeri. I don't especially care about what Steve Perry does one way or the other, but he has been telling this new album story since at least 2010. It's not happening. It's a lie, and it's obvious. That's all.


It was not then and is not now a lie. He is not a liar. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge someone when you have no clue about what is going on in their lives. I'm sure it is frustrating when people hear him say "I'm working on new music" and then nothing is released, but that does not make that statement a lie. Sometimes shit happens and things don't stay on the original timeline. Because he's a really private person, it is not in his nature to do public statements explaining what happened but that does not mean the statement wasn't true at the time he said it.

If you truly believe that he is purposefully misleading and lying to people, that makes me sad.
User avatar
Lora
8 Track
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:59 am

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:07 am

Archetype wrote:I understand the term "Perry loon" now. He tells the same story for about a decade and never delivers and it's always "he's a perfectionist!" "You don't know the circumstances!" "Things are different now!" "Creative freedom!" "The flow of creativity!" "No timeline!" It's almost like talking to scientologists. He isn't ever going to release anything. I'd be happy to eat crow, but it's really clear at this point that he just likes to talk and not deliver.

Remember the 50 songs he had ready to release about 5 years ago? Where are those?


This is rich. My comments weren't even Perry-specific. My post would apply to anyone in a creative field. I have no idea if it even applies to Perry directly, and am not assuming so. It was just a general comment. Apparently you are losing much more sleep over the lack of music than me. You might want to rethink your definition of loon.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Perry dangling the carrot again

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:26 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
Archetype wrote:I understand the term "Perry loon" now. He tells the same story for about a decade and never delivers and it's always "he's a perfectionist!" "You don't know the circumstances!" "Things are different now!" "Creative freedom!" "The flow of creativity!" "No timeline!" It's almost like talking to scientologists. He isn't ever going to release anything. I'd be happy to eat crow, but it's really clear at this point that he just likes to talk and not deliver.

Remember the 50 songs he had ready to release about 5 years ago? Where are those?


This is rich. My comments weren't even Perry-specific. My post would apply to anyone in a creative field. I have no idea if it even applies to Perry directly, and am not assuming so. It was just a general comment. Apparently you are losing much more sleep over the lack of music than me. You might want to rethink your definition of loon.


Ok. First off I owe Art an apology. I flipped who said what. I truly apologize. And now to edit my post: NO, NO and more NO... He did NOT say he was in the studio UNTIL 2014/15. Since when is that a decade? It's been 3 years. Since when did he promise the fans new music for 20 years??? So what, he said he has 50 songs...but to my knowledge never said "ready to be released". And so he didn't release them. Are we his manager? He also recorded FTLOSM in 3 years. Listen to his mystery guest appearance on Uncle Joe's show again. Mind you, he is very dexterous with his words, but he made it clear then and in a message on FanAsylum. And THANK YOU Lora!!!

I agree with the comment/post that Aaron made in response to Lora...yeah, he really IS that important and almost a religious experience. Heck, he is the ONLY singer I have experienced a very transcendent moment in time and it was SO real and SO profound...I doubt I will EVER experience that again with anyone else. And by the way. ..I NEVER saw him live...I heard my moment on freaking YOUTUBE! And it seems that this gets people talking. And that is a GOOD thing!!! When people stop talking, then worry...a lot. I for one, want his album to go 3x platinum and beat Street Talk, but his management is NO Herbie Herbert. Herbie would get a fire lit, have him appear on the Chew, HARRY, The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Wendy Williams, do something on BET, do an interview in Rolling Stone magazine, and even other magazines like Ebony, Essence or Jet (where he SHOULD have when doing Street Talk) to expand his demographic base. Get him enthused to open up and steer the website he bought from a guy a long time ago and numerous other things. Like Lora said, he gets numerous requests DAILY! Not bad for a guy who hasn't put out an album since 1996, solo or Journey.

Again...deep breathe and don't forget to smile.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Previous

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests