Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Dennis DeYoung FB on Journey RRHOF Induction

Postby tater1977 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:06 am

https://www.facebook.com/Dennis-DeYoung ... 839630509/

Dennis DeYoung FB

April 14 at 7:06pm ·

Hey kids,

... I saw some of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame clips on YouTube and can't wait to see the whole shebang. I felt bad for Steve Perry when Arnel Pineda took his place in the Journey mini concert. I'm no genius but I gotta believe if he were capable he would have performed. Remember Arnel only has a job because of what Steve did.

It's disgusting that Journey would have to answer any query that would question their induction credibility. If you make music that has been incredibly popular for 40 years both on radio, tv and in concert then the world is upside down and those who question prove conclusively that they were wrong then and remain so. Congrats guys to you and all the others.

Cheers D
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Dennis DeYoung FB on Journey RRHOF Induction

Postby AR » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 pm

It's how I see it as well.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:33 am

I love Dennis. But as usual, he sees everything through the prism of lead singer disease.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby AR » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:14 am

FamilyMan wrote:I love Dennis. But as usual, he sees everything through the prism of lead singer disease.

Not a bad disease for him to have. Still note perfect after all these years. Doesn't always get his just due. I'll be seeing him on Saturday with Night Ranger.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby marco17 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:02 am

And... coincidentally, Steve Augeri is opening for DDY this Friday.. 4/21. Speaking of DDY and things Journey.
marco17
8 Track

Postby AR » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:07 am

marco17 wrote:And... coincidentally, Steve Augeri is opening for DDY this Friday.. 4/21. Speaking of DDY and things Journey.

Yeah the night before I go. Kind of bummed I don't get to see Steve A, but Night Ranger will work. Shame Deen won't be drumming on Saturday.

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby DracIsBack » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:53 am

FamilyMan wrote:I love Dennis. But as usual, he sees everything through the prism of lead singer disease.

How do you get that from this?
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Styx better be in the Rockn Roll Hall of Fame next year, or something is very very wrong. Styx would perform Come Sail Away, Renegade, and what do you think the third song would be? Lady?
JourneyHard
LP

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:53 pm

JourneyHard wrote:Styx better be in the Rockn Roll Hall of Fame next year, or something is very very wrong. Styx would perform Come Sail Away, Renegade, and what do you think the third song would be? Lady?

Lady for sure, question is, would they let DDY sing at the ceremony?
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Both Jon Anderson and Dennis Deyoung kept singing after their bands kicked them out. Perry...not so much. Dennis is a straight shooter. Should replace O'Reilly on Fox News.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:06 am

so....this is the cave where old journey fans go to die. :lol: Just kidding.....sort of. Pardon me...but I agree with Family Man. Dennis has a SERIOUS case of LDS and pettiness towards Steve or have we forgotten past interviews where he does talk bad about Steve...and no...those comments were not his way of giving compliments. With "compliments" like the ones he gave, who needs insults? No I believe Steve and Neal....this time. Steve has let his no MEAN no and Neal has said that Steve may have been too emotional to sing. And he is sticking by his story because he keeps posting that on this FB page. So no Dennis...I'm not buying that.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby marco17 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 am

AR wrote:
marco17 wrote:And... coincidentally, Steve Augeri is opening for DDY this Friday.. 4/21. Speaking of DDY and things Journey.

Yeah the night before I go. Kind of bummed I don't get to see Steve A, but Night Ranger will work. Shame Deen won't be drumming on Saturday.

I hear ya... It's so rare that SA plays in this area, and I too wanted to go and a sudden family event popped up that I can't get out of. Oh well.
marco17
8 Track

Postby Ehwmatt » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 pm

AR wrote:

Not a bad disease for him to have. Still note perfect after all these years. Doesn't always get his just due. I'll be seeing him on Saturday with Night Ranger.

Indeed. Dennis is unbelievable. Not for his age -- for any age. His voice is just off the charts good these days.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby DracIsBack » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:47 am

Ehwmatt wrote:Indeed. Dennis is unbelievable. Not for his age -- for any age. His voice is just off the charts good these days.

Seriously. I'm actually blown away that he's as old as he is yet his voice doesn't seem to show any signs of aging. That's extremely unusual.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:39 am

DracIsBack wrote:

It was Perry's decision and his alone not to perform. If there's anyone to feel bad for, its Arnel.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:47 pm

FamilyMan wrote:
DracIsBack wrote:

It was Perry's decision and his alone not to perform. If there's anyone to feel bad for, its Arnel.

Exactly. I think he's projecting his own situation in Styx onto Perry's situation for Journey. If it had been Styx up there, it would have been the band not allowing him on stage to sing and Dennis wanting people to feel sorry for him. Instead, Journey went out of there way to let it be known to Perry and the world (including DDY) that if Perry wanted to sing, he was welcome to.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:45 am

Dennis still sounds great. Most rock tenors are either retired (see Perry) or the wheels are falling off (see Bobby Kimball). DeYoung has every right to brag.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Dennis still sounds great. Most rock tenors are either retired (see Perry) or the wheels are falling off (see Bobby Kimball). DeYoung has every right to brag.

Not to discount what DDY does at all, but a lot of it is genetics. Why one person's voice gives out after X years/peformances vs. another who can keep going is often beyond their control. Granted, how you manage your health, etc. can make a huge difference in it, but not always. A bit like an athlete. Some can play until they are well into their late 30's, others lose it pretty quickly near 30. In both cases, it is best to strike while the iron is hot, save a lot of money, and pray that your gift lasts.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:55 pm

tj wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Dennis still sounds great. Most rock tenors are either retired (see Perry) or the wheels are falling off (see Bobby Kimball). DeYoung has every right to brag.

Not to discount what DDY does at all, but a lot of it is genetics. Why one person's voice gives out after X years/peformances vs. another who can keep going is often beyond their control. Granted, how you manage your health, etc. can make a huge difference in it, but not always. A bit like an athlete. Some can play until they are well into their late 30's, others lose it pretty quickly near 30. In both cases, it is best to strike while the iron is hot, save a lot of money, and pray that your gift lasts.

I believe Andrew said that John Farnham smokes like a chimney...and listen to his voice, and he is the same age as Perry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuwJTDRS_Lo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKl-W_q ... uwJTDRS_Lo
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Interesting, I have never read DDY bragging about his voice. Please share.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tj » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:55 am

Monker wrote:

I don't know that he has bragged, but certainly could if he wanted to.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:31 am

Monker wrote:

I'm referring to DD's none-too-subtle dig - "I'm no genius but I gotta believe if he were capable he would have performed." The implication is those who can (like Dennis) DO. Good for him.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Monker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:08 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:

I'm referring to DD's none-too-subtle dig - "I'm no genius but I gotta believe if he were capable he would have performed." The implication is those who can (like Dennis) DO. Good for him.

What I see in that statement is DDY knowing that if he were offered that opportunity for Styx, he would take it. But, if it WERE Styx up there, he would not even be given that opportunity...and he knows that.

Like Neal has said, Perry is a changed man. He's let Journey go. DDY hasn't changed. He still wants in and to control "HIS" band, that HE started, that HE wrote all of the hits for, that HE produced every album for, that HE blah, blah, blah.

IMO, THAT is the true difference here between Perry and DDY, and why DDY was conflicted about Perry's decision and said what he said.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby slucero » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Perry may have let the band go.. but I don't think Perry has let the Journey legacy go one bit... after all, he still has a say in just about anything they do..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:15 pm

slucero wrote:Perry may have let the band go.. but I don't think Perry has let the Journey legacy go one bit... after all, he still has a say in just about anything they do..

Are you certain that is still in affect? Maybe someone should ask Neal if Perry still has a say in the bands actions.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:25 pm

I think he had a say in what the band could do with the music ( eg..Sopranos), but not anything to do with the band itself. That divorce was final.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Monker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:01 pm

perryfan61 wrote:I think he had a say in what the band could do with the music ( eg..Sopranos), but not anything to do with the band itself. That divorce was final.

No, the "rumor" was that when Perry left the band that he negotiated to remain a partner in the business of "Journey", but not the band itself. Therefore, he would have a vote if Neal wanted Gregg to rejoin the band.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tj » Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 am

Monker wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:I think he had a say in what the band could do with the music ( eg..Sopranos), but not anything to do with the band itself. That divorce was final.

No, the "rumor" was that when Perry left the band that he negotiated to remain a partner in the business of "Journey", but not the band itself. Therefore, he would have a vote if Neal wanted Gregg to rejoin the band.

I don't know. I can't imagine that they would give Perry - or anyone else not named Jon, Ross or Neal - a vote over who is in the band in the future. That conceivably would have had Perry approving Augeri, Deen, JSS, the fill in drummers while Deen was out, the Travis guy, and Arnel. I don't see Perry approving anyone that Neal found on Youtube without hearing him first, and he stated a few years ago that he had never heard Augeri, JSS, or Arnel singing Journey.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Sat May 13, 2017 2:25 am

Dennis need to make a new cd with his current group, and call it Styx II or Styx Too. Jon Anderson is touring as Yes so could Dennis tour as Styx.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby tj » Sat May 13, 2017 3:48 am

Abitaman wrote:Dennis need to make a new cd with his current group, and call it Styx II or Styx Too. Jon Anderson is touring as Yes so could Dennis tour as Styx.

Based on JY's statements, DDY has no claim to the Styx name and can't use it in any form. Yes most likely has an agreement for both the Anderson and the Howe groups to use the name. DDY could still put out new music, though.
tj
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to Journey