Herbie?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Herbie?

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed May 10, 2017 4:13 am

Curious - has anyone heard any feedback on Herbie's thoughts on the Hall of Fame? I was glad to see him there with the band. Perry really did go out of his way to acknowledge him, and was speaking directly towards him, which I thought was a classy move despite Herbie's previous comments regarding Perry.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Re: Herbie?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed May 10, 2017 8:15 am

I would love another Herbie interview. The last one was conducted by Andrew here on MR. At the time, Herbie felt optimistic about the band's new future with Arnel. It was the polar opposite of a previous interview around the time of the Walk of Fame when Herbie said the band had as much chance of a hit album as "his dick growing a foot."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby scarab » Wed May 10, 2017 8:34 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I would love another Herbie interview. The last one was conducted by Andrew here on MR. At the time, Herbie felt optimistic about the band's new future with Arnel. It was the polar opposite of a previous interview around the time of the Walk of Fame when Herbie said the band had as much chance of a hit album as "his dick growing a foot."

And he was pretty much right, as successful as Journey has re-become live with Arnel, I highly doubt anything new they record will be a "hit".
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Curious - has anyone heard any feedback on Herbie's thoughts on the Hall of Fame? I was glad to see him there with the band. Perry really did go out of his way to acknowledge him, and was speaking directly towards him, which I thought was a classy move despite Herbie's previous comments regarding Perry.

No, I haven't. I was waiting to hear from him too. 2005, Steve talked graciously about him and 2017 was no surprise that he would do more of the same...IN SPITE of the fact that Herbie despised him. (Considering that in 1981 Herbie gave THE most incredible account of how he came across Steve. Times change...times change)

Speaking of Herbie...he looked very frail...almost sickly. Not healthy at all. Bypass gastric surgery doesn't do THAT...does it?
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Abitaman » Fri May 12, 2017 11:38 pm

This was posted by ABC...Perry gave thanks to Herbie

Steve Perry Explains Reasons For Journey's Success
www.antimusic.com

Former Journey singer Steve Perry explained his views on why the band has been so successful in a new interview conducted ahead of the TV broadcast of the 2017 Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony.

Perry told ABC, "I think that's probably one of the biggest things that would separate Journey from a lot of the people at that time ... we really reached for something different."

The former frontman also believes that the reason some of the band's iconic songs are still in heavy rotation on classic rock radio is because the group was "honest with ourselves" and they kept "reaching for ... timeless performances."

Steve says "it was a complete family affair" between the band, crew and manager Herbie Herbert and went on to credit the manager with helping make it all happen for him.

"He heard my demo tape and believed in me and told the band, 'You gotta listen to this tape, I think this is the guy that should be the singer. [He] honestly made my dream come true, and I'm still living that dream today."
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby tj » Sat May 13, 2017 3:53 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Curious - has anyone heard any feedback on Herbie's thoughts on the Hall of Fame? I was glad to see him there with the band. Perry really did go out of his way to acknowledge him, and was speaking directly towards him, which I thought was a classy move despite Herbie's previous comments regarding Perry.

No, I haven't. I was waiting to hear from him too. 2005, Steve talked graciously about him and 2017 was no surprise that he would do more of the same...IN SPITE of the fact that Herbie despised him. (Considering that in 1981 Herbie gave THE most incredible account of how he came across Steve. Times change...times change)

Speaking of Herbie...he looked very frail...almost sickly. Not healthy at all. Bypass gastric surgery doesn't do THAT...does it?

I didn't know he had the gastric bypass, but it really changes people's appearance. It's especially the case if they don't get plastic surgery to trim he excess skin that droops because there is no fat to hold it in place.

In the late 90's/early 00's, the company I worked for had insurance that would pay 100% of gastric bypass. There were at least a dozen women who had it done. Most of them couldn't afford the plastic surgery (insurance would not cover that), so they looked terrible. They were healthier, I suppose, by not carrying around all that weight. Looking at them, it appeared that they were more sick than before the bypass.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 am

Maybe...but he looked sickly to me. Not healthy at all. In fact, didn't he need help standing up? He is getting up there in age, though. I may not agree with hardly anything he had to say about Steve in those post-Steve Journey interviews he gave, but he is an industry giant and widely respected. I wonder what are his thoughts about the RRHOF, Journey and Steve? Anybody heard anything??? :cry:
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:14 am

bellairepark73 wrote:Maybe...but he looked sickly to me. Not healthy at all. In fact, didn't he need help standing up? He is getting up there in age, though. I may not agree with hardly anything he had to say about Steve in those post-Steve Journey interviews he gave, but he is an industry giant and widely respected. I wonder what are his thoughts about the RRHOF, Journey and Steve? Anybody heard anything??? :cry:

Herbie

69 years
5 February 1948
Last edited by tater1977 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:38 am

scarab wrote:And he was pretty much right, as successful as Journey has re-become live with Arnel, I highly doubt anything new they record will be a "hit".

Sting and Jon Bon Jovi have "moderate" hit songs recently. I hear them at stores. I don't know if this counts as a hit song, but how come Journey can't do at least this well? Is it because of no Steve Perry?

Then I wonder if Perry ever releases his new album will he have a "moderate" hit song.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:22 pm

JourneyHard wrote:
scarab wrote:And he was pretty much right, as successful as Journey has re-become live with Arnel, I highly doubt anything new they record will be a "hit".

Sting and Jon Bon Jovi have "moderate" hit songs recently. I hear them at stores. I don't know if this counts as a hit song, but how come Journey can't do at least this well? Is it because of no Steve Perry?

Then I wonder if Perry ever releases his new album will he have a "moderate" hit song.

Probably he will have a moderate hit song here in the US, but elsewhere, like in Aussie, he might be bigger. Oh sherrie was/IS still HUGE there.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby marco17 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:55 am

JourneyHard wrote:

Store music isn't always a good gauge of hit status, but I have heard Journey plenty of times post-Perry over the years. I've heard both Augeri and Pineda era Journey songs in stores... and none would be considered "hits" by the masses.
marco17
8 Track

Return to Journey