Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Sighlence » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:16 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Sighlence wrote:Schon is so full of himself - It's always someone else's fault. Visions of 'Behind The Music' dancing in my head. Just retire the name Journey already and be done with it..


even though it was/is first and foremost Neal's band.


I stopped reading right here. To this day/minute - he continues to remind everyone this. He is an egomaniac who is not without fault, and has succeeded in "fracturing the stone". He needs to retire the name and get on with his bad english self...
Sighlence
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:20 am

fsutall wrote:Hard for me not to side with Schon on this issue based on my interactions with JC over the past couple of years here in Nashville. I've hesitated to post about this here, but I've had reason to interact with him at least a half dozen times, and without fail he has been standoffish at best, and blatantly rude more often than not.

He usually responds to a polite "hello" or "good morning" with no response at all, but more than once has sighed extremely loudly, rolled his eyes or muttered under his breath in response to a simple greeting. And no, I have never pestered him with Journey-related questions, never asked for autographs, photos, etc. He has no reason to know I'm a fan. I know we all have bad days sometimes, but for him to be so consistently rude IMO reflects on his true nature. I will say that Paula is always very nice and friendly, and in fact mildly scolded him once in front of me for his behavior.


Sounds like you are just being polite and Cain is a total asshole.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:20 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Sighlence wrote:Schon is so full of himself - It's always someone else's fault. Visions of 'Behind The Music' dancing in my head. Just retire the name Journey already and be done with it..


In all honesty. It usually has been someone else's fault. Perry being a dictator with the Raised On Radio album and tour, even though it was/is first and foremost Neal's band. And now Cain trying to turn Journey into his own personal band to promote his/his-wife's agenda, and by insisting on keeping the band stuck in neutral, just collecting paychecks.


Yea but as Neal has said in the past ... 'they all let the reins go' ... so everyone is to blame for that.

This new in fighting ... :|

I remember in their old tours the 3 would play maybe 1 or 2 of their solo trax.
Hopefully, Jon is not wanting to play 1 of his new trax , just wouldn't mesh right.
Maybe, theres a solution somewhere. :|
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:21 am

Sighlence wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:
Sighlence wrote:Schon is so full of himself - It's always someone else's fault. Visions of 'Behind The Music' dancing in my head. Just retire the name Journey already and be done with it..


even though it was/is first and foremost Neal's band.


I stopped reading right here. To this day/minute - he continues to remind everyone this. He is an egomaniac who is not without fault, and has succeeded in "fracturing the stone". He needs to retire the name and get on with his bad english self...


There was no stone to fracture. Perry's lack of activity speaks for itself.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby fsutall » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:25 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
fsutall wrote:Hard for me not to side with Schon on this issue based on my interactions with JC over the past couple of years here in Nashville. I've hesitated to post about this here, but I've had reason to interact with him at least a half dozen times, and without fail he has been standoffish at best, and blatantly rude more often than not.

He usually responds to a polite "hello" or "good morning" with no response at all, but more than once has sighed extremely loudly, rolled his eyes or muttered under his breath in response to a simple greeting. And no, I have never pestered him with Journey-related questions, never asked for autographs, photos, etc. He has no reason to know I'm a fan. I know we all have bad days sometimes, but for him to be so consistently rude IMO reflects on his true nature. I will say that Paula is always very nice and friendly, and in fact mildly scolded him once in front of me for his behavior.


Sounds like you are just being polite and Cain is a total asshole.


Can you tell I work in public relations?
fsutall
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:43 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:38 am

Maybe one of his Daily Word posts should focus on the quality of kindness, or maybe goodness. Sounds like he could use a refresher course. Practice what you preach, Jonathan.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Sighlence » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:49 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
There was no stone to fracture. Perry's lack of activity speaks for itself.


Yeah right - Keep telling yourself that.
Sighlence
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:39 am

Sighlence wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:
Sighlence wrote:Schon is so full of himself - It's always someone else's fault. Visions of 'Behind The Music' dancing in my head. Just retire the name Journey already and be done with it..


even though it was/is first and foremost Neal's band.


I stopped reading right here. To this day/minute - he continues to remind everyone this. He is an egomaniac who is not without fault, and has succeeded in "fracturing the stone". He needs to retire the name and get on with his bad english self...


Let me guess. You're a Perry fanatic that hates Schon because of the old hip excuse that Perry made so he wouldn't have to tour?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:40 am

perryfan61 wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:
Archetype wrote:Steve Augeri just chimed in on it.


https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1821109632


What did Augeri say?


"It's common to see two strong willed persons at odds, as long as it doesn't jeopardize the Yin and Yang of creativity. Don't Stop..#Journey"


Thanks!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
fsutall wrote:Hard for me not to side with Schon on this issue based on my interactions with JC over the past couple of years here in Nashville. I've hesitated to post about this here, but I've had reason to interact with him at least a half dozen times, and without fail he has been standoffish at best, and blatantly rude more often than not.

He usually responds to a polite "hello" or "good morning" with no response at all, but more than once has sighed extremely loudly, rolled his eyes or muttered under his breath in response to a simple greeting. And no, I have never pestered him with Journey-related questions, never asked for autographs, photos, etc. He has no reason to know I'm a fan. I know we all have bad days sometimes, but for him to be so consistently rude IMO reflects on his true nature. I will say that Paula is always very nice and friendly, and in fact mildly scolded him once in front of me for his behavior.


Sounds like you are just being polite and Cain is a total asshole.


Yup, and this story is completely believable given Jon's general sour and frosty demeanor on stage, interviews etc. Guy just seems like a completely miserable prick. I can easily see him being rude in everyday life, even when someone isn't hounding him for pictures, autographs, etc. Gotta give props to Lukather -- I've met him VERY briefly a couple times and he's been nothing but warm and friendly, even making a point to ask and remember your name.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10845
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Sighlence » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:09 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:Let me guess. You're a Perry fanatic that hates Schon because of the old hip excuse that Perry made so he wouldn't have to tour?


Naw man, i'm just an old Journey fan that can't stand Schon because he felt he knew better and ruined a good thing - Then continued to shit all over Perry at every turn. But while we're playing: Let ME guess. You're a Schon nut hugger because Journey is HIS band, and he kept the name Journey alive even if it meant bringing in Karaoke singers to cover the same shit Perry made famous for the next 20 years.

No worries though, i won't be around long. Just here because of the HOF induction, and news that the voice that made Journey famous is on the verge of releasing new music. Enjoy your Journey. 8)
Sighlence
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Lora » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:16 am

Sighlence wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:Let me guess. You're a Perry fanatic that hates Schon because of the old hip excuse that Perry made so he wouldn't have to tour?


You're a Schon nut hugger because Journey is HIS band...


You should hang around. You have a definite way with words. :lol:
User avatar
Lora
8 Track
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:59 am

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:29 am

Jeremey wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Neal's branding of the band as "Neal Schon's JRNY" almost makes it appear as if he is planning his own version of the group. The dynamics at play here are very juicy. Neal mentioned he still "holds the keys" to the band. With that said, I don't think he has the power to force Cain out. Maybe Neal is plotting his own exit.


Can absolutely confirm that this has been a concept going around since at least 2007. Not to force Cain out, but that the idea of "JRNY" - literally that spelling - was brought up as an "escape" clause by Neal 10 years ago, that he could produce music that didn't necessarily measure up to the commercial expectations of Journey the Brand, but still somehow remind people of that brand.

Like, "I can do a record as JRNY and make the kind of music I want, then make a record as Journey with the kind of music people expect to hear."


Didn't it actually start as a touring idea for non-dirty dozen setlists?
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6369
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:15 pm

The softness is out, rock is. Cain hasn't been happy for a long time so let him go, get Rolie, see if Perry wants to participate in the old days and I might come see you again. I agree with Schon 100%, why alienate half your audience by playing politics, religion, etc. If you boil it all up to the highest level is all the same.

Weeeellll, I bought front row seats for Indy to see Smitty but that's the only reason. Take a note from Night Rangers book and put out some new music that kicks arse. This is NOT Eclipse.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Sighlence wrote:You're a Schon nut hugger


What are you, 12 years old?

Really classy and mature there.

I've got your number. It's like I guessed to be the case with you. You're one of these Perry apologists that can't get over the fact that your precious Steve isn't in Journey anymore. You're pissed that Schon had the audacity to continue on with his own band without Perry.

For the record. Steve Perry is my second favorite singer of all time. I'm a huge fan of his singing in my own right. But I'm objective enough to know that he had no-one to blame for his being replaced in the late 90's but himself.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Sighlence wrote:Naw man, i'm just an old Journey fan that can't stand Schon because he felt he knew better and ruined a good thing


By the way, again, that comment shows your ignorance on the matter.

Perry claims to have had a serious hip problem. I have always had my doubts that there ever was a serious hip problem. But it's possible that he did.

But even if he did have the hip problem he needed to decide what to do. Get surgery, do rehab, or leave the band. But no, he had to refuse to do something about the alleged hip problem. He had to flush the publicity that Trial By Fire had gained the band down the toilet by wasting the rest of the bands time and money. Perry was trying to act once again like Journey was his band and that the rest of "his" band should wait until he was ready, if that day were to ever come.

The whole "don't fracture the stone" line was possible the most arrogant statement that Ive ever heard any musician make. It's like if one of the guys who joined Billy Joel's band after he had had his first 3 albums out already had told Billy Joel that he should only continue on with his band, after that guy was let go from the band, if he called it something else.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Sighlence wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
There was no stone to fracture. Perry's lack of activity speaks for itself.


Yeah right - Keep telling yourself that.


As already mentioned by others in this thread, you haven't a clue. Left up to Perry. the band would still be on a permanent ROR hiatus.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby SoonerThunder » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm

So...I've never really paid attention to how much the band members interact with each other during a show, but tonight Neal paid attention to Arnel and Steve what I'd call normal amounts, maybe made eye contact with Ross 4-5 times all night, and pretty much pretended Jon didn't exist. When they lined up for the final bow, they stayed on opposite sides from each other. Even with all that it was still actually a pretty good show.

Also, on the way back to OKC the radio station's midnight album was Captured, and every song that came on I thought would be cool as hell to hear those songs live one more time. So....keep twisting the knife, Neal! Make Journey Gregg's Again
User avatar
SoonerThunder
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby marco17 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 pm

So much of what is happening between the two is speculation, but if what you can assume what's being said at face value...my take is.... Understandably, Journey has never had a staunch political or faith-based agenda. "If" Cain's focus is now expressing such views through all is writing and is trying to lead any future Journey projects that way, on his own, or with the direction of his new wife in order to make Journey more "Spiritual" then I totally get where Neal is coming from.

I say to Neal...become a band leader like Carlos Santana or Ringo and pull in all the ex-Journey guys that he's okay with and are willing to participate and have a Journey experience... where all the eras of the band are represented...possibly by the singer and players from that era.... So, Arnel does a couple Arnel era songs... Augeri does some of his era...and if Perry can't or doesn't want to participate then between all the singers they get it done. I know, total pipe dream-type idea, but if he's thinking about doing something new and different, and outside the box, while still doing J stuff...who knows.
marco17
8 Track
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:20 am

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Archetype » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:53 am

Imagine if Neal brought Gregg Rolie back and brought Steve Augeri back as well to play Cain's guitar parts and sing his songs as well as add more backing vocals. That would be pretty cool
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Pleiades

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:34 am

A breaking update from the Journey fake news department...

An unreliable anonymous source has informed me that the Cain/Schon rift stems over Cain's top secret plan to release an album of Journey covers with an overt spiritual bent. Possible tracks include:

"Mother, (Holy) Father"
"God Can't Help It"
"To Be Saved Again"
"Why Can't This Mass Go On Forever"
"When You Love an Altar Boy"
There may also be a bonus track...a TOTO cover called "Hosanna."

More fake news at 11.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Sighlence » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Sighlence wrote:You're a Schon nut hugger


What are you, 12 years old?

Really classy and mature there.

I've got your number. It's like I guessed to be the case with you. You're one of these Perry apologists that can't get over the fact that your precious Steve isn't in Journey anymore. You're pissed that Schon had the audacity to continue on with his own band without Perry.

For the record. Steve Perry is my second favorite singer of all time. I'm a huge fan of his singing in my own right. But I'm objective enough to know that he had no-one to blame for his being replaced in the late 90's but himself.


Whatever you say, snowflake.
Sighlence
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Memorex » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:11 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:A breaking update from the Journey fake news department...

An unreliable anonymous source has informed me that the Cain/Schon rift stems over Cain's top secret plan to release an album of Journey covers with an overt spiritual bent. Possible tracks include:

"Mother, (Holy) Father"
"God Can't Help It"
"To Be Saved Again"
"Why Can't This Mass Go On Forever"
"When You Love an Altar Boy"
There may also be a bonus track...a TOTO cover called "Hosanna."

More fake news at 11.


This made me laugh.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Greg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:06 am

Well, I was wondering when we'd have something Journey related to talk about! :lol:

Thanks Neal and Jon! You guys are the best! :twisted: :D

Who's heard soundbytes of the new Perry album? :P
Greg
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 am
Location: Stealth Mode

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:53 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:A breaking update from the Journey fake news department...

An unreliable anonymous source has informed me that the Cain/Schon rift stems over Cain's top secret plan to release an album of Journey covers with an overt spiritual bent. Possible tracks include:

"Mother, (Holy) Father"
"God Can't Help It"
"To Be Saved Again"
"Why Can't This Mass Go On Forever"
"When You Love an Altar Boy"
There may also be a bonus track...a TOTO cover called "Hosanna."

More fake news at 11.

:D :lol: :P :wink:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby tater1977 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:02 am

https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/pos ... 89031925:0

Neal Schon FB

1 hr

http://melodicrock.com/…/04/neal-schons-jrny-something-watch

To all fans

I love and respect our legacy and will do everything to honor & protect it beyond when I'm gone.

Much love and gratitude to you all,
Neal Schon Journey Founder from 1973 - Eternity The best has yet to come
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby slucero » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 am

Perry has gotta be loving that FINALLY the Journey drama isn't about him..... :mrgreen:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


~Albert Einstein
User avatar
slucero
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby tater1977 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:26 am

slucero wrote:Perry has gotta be loving that FINALLY the Journey drama isn't about him..... :mrgreen:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL Are you kidding? Someone will find a way to blame him for it....
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:39 am

Sighlence wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:
Sighlence wrote:You're a Schon nut hugger


What are you, 12 years old?

Really classy and mature there.

I've got your number. It's like I guessed to be the case with you. You're one of these Perry apologists that can't get over the fact that your precious Steve isn't in Journey anymore. You're pissed that Schon had the audacity to continue on with his own band without Perry.

For the record. Steve Perry is my second favorite singer of all time. I'm a huge fan of his singing in my own right. But I'm objective enough to know that he had no-one to blame for his being replaced in the late 90's but himself.


Whatever you say, snowflake.


I swear this board has suddenly regressed back to ten years ago.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:40 am

Make a new album with Perry, Rolie, Schon, Valory, and Smith. Then if Perry doesn't want to tour, have Arnel do the tour. Would that be too awkward?
JourneyHard
LP
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests