Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby Mikele » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Don't understand this collective bash on Neal's behaviour. He's obviously feeling betrayed, as this WH visit was obviously very political and Journey's name wasn't used in the press by accident. I actually feel for a guy who's just realizing that other' people's agendas are getting in the way of the band and/or using the band and I would exactly feel equally pissed.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby steveo777 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Neal has said, when he looks out into the audience, at some of the venues they play, there are 20-25% Filipinos. Then he makes a statement that some people shouldn't forget where they came from. He was speaking directly to Arnel with that statement and it not only slapped Arnel in the face, but divorced that community from the band. Good luck Neal...you fucked up big time on this!

As for any future incarnations of Journey, I'm out. Fuck off Neal!
I don't like the way he defamed the 3 band members and he shouldn't have done it in public. Guaranteed, Irving Azoff is not down with this crap! I'm not one of the cock strokers who is supporting Neal on this.
steveo777
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Mikele wrote:Don't understand this collective bash on Neal's behaviour. He's obviously feeling betrayed, as this WH visit was obviously very political and Journey's name wasn't used in the press by accident. I actually feel for a guy who's just realizing that other' people's agendas are getting in the way of the band and/or using the band and I would exactly feel equally pissed.

Maybe you should actually quote some of his off-the-wall comments and then we can discuss them. When you generalize, you make it sound like his behavior is normal. Talking about covert hackers working for Paula White is fucking nuts dude.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Jana » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:44 am

Neal is crazy on twitter, and it sounds like he has zero support, except I guess Smitty. It looks bad the way it is going to go down.

BUT Jon can go. He's only touring for a paycheck.

Bring back Gregg on keyboard and singing. I miss Gregg. If Arnel is gone, bring back Deen on drums, to sing also. I miss Deen's singing. Or if Smitty will play, put Deen on a stool and let him sing. Play in much smaller venues. I'm there. I haven't seen a Journey concert in years. But I'm there for this. I haven't figured out the configuration yet of people with Neal, but I would go if we could get deeper cuts, an unusual setlist compared to the same old setlist.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ScarabGator » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:44 am

Jana wrote:Neal is crazy on twitter, and it sounds like he has zero support, except I guess Smitty. It looks bad the way it is going to go down.

Bring back Gregg on keyboard and singing. I miss Gregg. If Arnel is gone, bring back Deen on drums, to sing also. I miss Deen's singing. Or if Smitty will play, put Deen on a stool and let him sing. Play in much smaller venues. I'm there. I haven't seen a Journey concert in years. But I'm there for this. I haven't figured out the configuration yet of people with Neal, but I would go if we could get deeper cuts, an unusual setlist compared to the same old setlist.

I'd pay for this scenario!
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 am

ScarabGator wrote:
Jana wrote:Neal is crazy on twitter, and it sounds like he has zero support, except I guess Smitty. It looks bad the way it is going to go down.

I'd pay for this scenario!

This is what I want. All this drama would be worth it if we could get long inspired shows with varied set lists full of deep cuts and new tunes in intimate venues - changing from city to city.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:14 am

Some of the best Journey shows that I've seen were ones played at county fairs and other smaller venues. I miss those shows a lot. I will not miss these strictly Greatest Hits shows of Journey's where they are teamed up with other big name bands.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 am

If Arnel is really going to be let go, or leaves on his own, then this would be a great lineup.....

Steve Augeri: Lead Vocals
Neal Schon: Guitar
Gregg Rolie: Keyboards, Lead Vocals
Deen Castronovo: Drums, Lead Vocals

The Bass player could be someone like Marco Mendoza or Todd Jensen.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:12 pm

This guy seems to think Neal has been purposely looking for a way to ditch AP.
Claims he's got information.
Was the Journey set list manipulated to hurt Arnel Pineda's voice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Om1bFjIxpY
steveo777
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm

GregGutfeld‏Verified account @greggutfeld
Forget breaking up marriages, Trump is breaking up Journey!!!!

9:22 PM - 6 Aug 2017 from Manhattan, NY
https://twitter.com/greggutfeld
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Journey’s Neal Schon Blasts Bandmates for Meeting With Trump

Chris Willman

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/jour ... 17092/amp/

--- read full article
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm now convinced Neal has a commercial driver's license, by the way he's bus rolled former band mates. :mrgreen:
steveo777
MP3

Postby Greg » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:If Arnel is really going to be let go, or leaves on his own, then this would be a great lineup.....

Steve Augeri: Lead Vocals
Neal Schon: Guitar
Gregg Rolie: Keyboards, Lead Vocals
Deen Castronovo: Drums, Lead Vocals

The Bass player could be someone like Marco Mendoza or Todd Jensen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Augeri back in the lineup, but I don't think he would come back. Although, I think he did leave on good terms, so who knows? Seems like I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Deen said he's done with Journey. Maybe or maybe not?

I could see a scenario where Neal reforms with Gregg and Deen, and then gets Deen to do lead on everything. I don't know how that would translate in concert though. Deen has said many times before that he's a drummer first, and feels most comfortably behind the drum kit and not out in front singing.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:34 am

steveo777 wrote:This guy seems to think Neal has been purposely looking for a way to ditch AP.
Claims he's got information.
Was the Journey set list manipulated to hurt Arnel Pineda's voice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Om1bFjIxpY

The video has been deleted.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby ScarabGator » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:33 am

I love Augeri but if anyone has heard his recent solo shows his voice still seems weakened to me. I just dont think he can do this regulary again the way Journey tours. Augeri hasnt sounded the same since 2004 IMO. But I love the guy in fact catching him this month in Atlanta. I think he is in a happy place touring with his own band calling the shots and the schedule.
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 am

ScarabGator wrote:I love Augeri but if anyone has heard his recent solo shows his voice still seems weakened to me. I just dont think he can do this regulary again the way Journey tours. Augeri hasnt sounded the same since 2004 IMO. But I love the guy in fact catching him this month in Atlanta. I think he is in a happy place touring with his own band calling the shots and the schedule.

He struggled at the concert I went to last year in Greensboro, NC, but that was because he was sick. His voice actually got stronger as the concert went on, and he finished up strong. So, I think if Journey (which ever side gets to be called Journey) were to tour to take care of his voice, he'd probably be OK. His solo material released to iTunes has been fantastic. I would say that if Journey is to continue, they write new material and from this point on, they focus on new material in concert, they gradually move away from the old stuff, and maybe they might have a shot at continuing on.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby SusieP » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:03 am

I get that Neal doesn't want the Band to associate itself with religion and politics. That is wise.
But he keeps talking about God in his tweets and facebook posts.
So that makes him seem hypocritical.

As for changing the line-up, they had the chance to create new music and move forward with JSS but we all know what happened there.
If they continue performing the songs in the keys in which they were written, they are asking for trouble for Arnel's voice.
The songs are HIGH. They were high for SP.
He was a vocal miracle - but even his voice carked it in the end.

A 40- odd year old voice that's been touring extensively is going to suffer with those keys.
Some of the songs will retain their beauty if keychanged lower, but some just won't sound as wonderful.
So they either need to lower the song keys and get on with it - or get a younger singer.

And call it intuition but this currently brewing shit-storm has a stink of interfering rock-star wives about it.
The reality tv star wife versus the religious advisor wife.

Wifely bullet making for the husbands to shoot.

Let's see what happens now.

http://www.smoothduo.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/SuzeFromSmoothDuo/
Twitter - @smoothduo

Rest In Peace Deano.
SusieP
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:38 am

Neal Schon Feuding With Journey Bandmates Over Trump Visit

8/7/2017 by Gil Kaufman

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... rump-visit
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby brywool » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:45 am

But if Ross and AP are on Cain's side (as Neal seems to be saying) then they're probably going to go with Cain as well. I doubt that Deen would go back to Journey without Jon as Jon threw him a bone when he was having his issues. And to do that at this time is kind of a slap to Jon. That Neal comment about "remember where you came from" or whatever- yeah, that was the most uncool of all. That surprised me as I thought that at least Neal and Arnel were tight. Now Arnel's saying [essentially] "If I'm replaced, that's ok, change is constant". Sad stuff for Journey fans.

It does seem to me that JC (No, not that one) has been there for the paycheck since the Augeri days. I hate to say that but he just seems to get no joy out of Journey. If that's the case, he should've stepped back and said "Hey, you guys need to move on without me until I get that fire back". He doesn't look happy. He may just have Resting Keyboard Player Face, I dunno. Some of us just do. If that's the case, then it's just a mistaken impression that most Journey fans have. But in all interviews, it just seems that he's just about his current religious state.

Neal posted a filmed Journey interview on Facebook or Twitter the other day. The interviewer asked them all about political/religion/Journey mixing. ALL of them were on the same page that Neal is now saying - "We keep it out of Journey". JC (no, not that one) in fact was more than on the same page as Neal, dogging bands for wearing their political hearts on their sleeve. Cain said "Bands need to stay in their lane". I think that interview was from last month. And suddenly, we are where we are. ???

Somehow, this whole thing got turned into "Journey Goes to the White House and Supports the Current Administration". If this was any other administration, this most likely wouldn't have turned into such a sh*tshow. But this current administration is the most polarizing that I can remember in my years of walking 'round the planet. I've NEVER seen people this pissed off... on both sides. Never.

I'm so NOT down with Neal dogging the other guys online. NONE of these guys is bringing this on stage with the band. It's in the press, but isn't that more on the press than on the three Journey members? Did THEY come out on stage and start talking about God and current US politics? Their own Twitter/FB pages are their own. As long as it's not "JOURNEY supports cause XYX" then who cares? AP I'll give him a pass because everything he's ever said, done, etc. flies in the face of the current administration. I think he and Yule were just there because "It's the Frigging White House dude!!!! C'mon! Whoo hooo!". Who wouldn't want to see it? Plus, out of all of them, he's been NOTHING but a CLASS ACT. (with regards to the past, with regards to the band, etc.)
That's the vibe I got from Arnel. He's not political. Works for me.

There was an article yesterday about how many marriages in the US are breaking up over this current administration. Now bands?? Yup... strange days indeed.

Neal. Jon. Go somewhere ALONE and talk it out.

EDIT: SUSIEP checks in and also uses "Shit storm". I missed that post. Dayum.... ;)
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 am

Journey on brink of breakup as Neal Schon slams Arnel Pineda, bandmates for White House visit

By Edwin P. Sallan, InterAksyon

Published: August 7, 2017

Trump Could Break Journey Up?

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/trump-jo ... id/806299/

By Karl Nelson | Monday, 07 Aug 2017

Journey Are the Latest Proud American Institution That Donald Trump Threatens to Destroy

http://www.spin.com/2017/08/journey-don ... p-tension/

Andy Cush // August 7, 2017

Neal Schon And Journey Could Be Going Their Separate Ways After Feud Over White House Visit With Trump

August 6, 2017 / Victoria Miller

http://www.inquisitr.com/4412713/neal-s ... ith-trump/

White House Visit, Trump Meeting Cause Rift Between Members of Journey

Trump is causing Journey to stop believin' ... in each other

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... -each.html

By Jordan Breeding | August 7, 2017

Journey Guitarist Neal Schon Blasts Bandmates for Meeting Trump at White House

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... ith-trump/

by Jerome Hudson / 7 Aug 2017
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:15 am

People need to turn off the tv, get away from the news sites online, and now even newspapers and turn to their family and neighbors and say hey, what's up? It's all toxic.

I read this stuff and some of it makes my blood boil and have different opinions, but at the end of the day life is good. It's hard, but we live in a pretty peaceful time. Trump is just the guy that won this time. Next time it will be someone else, and then guess what, someone else. We can't derail our lives, marriages, and bands over it. That's lame.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:46 am

ScarabGator wrote:I love Augeri but if anyone has heard his recent solo shows his voice still seems weakened to me. I just dont think he can do this regulary again the way Journey tours. Augeri hasnt sounded the same since 2004 IMO. But I love the guy in fact catching him this month in Atlanta. I think he is in a happy place touring with his own band calling the shots and the schedule.

I unfortunately have not heard Augeri sing anything since he left Journey. So maybe his voice is way worse than I realize?
But if he were to share lead vocals with Castronovo and Rolie, he wouldn't have to overdo it on a nightly basis.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:54 am

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:00 am

Memorex wrote:People need to turn off the tv, get away from the news sites online, and now even newspapers and turn to their family and neighbors and say hey, what's up? It's all toxic.

I read this stuff and some of it makes my blood boil and have different opinions, but at the end of the day life is good. It's hard, but we live in a pretty peaceful time. Trump is just the guy that won this time. Next time it will be someone else, and then guess what, someone else. We can't derail our lives, marriages, and bands over it. That's lame.

For anyone who's never seen it, I strongly recommend that everyone watch the movie "Network" from 1976.

At the very least, watch this clip from the movie..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Gf0VKXk5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS4aiA17YsM
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSp ... work3.html
It is exactly what everyone should do these days regarding the so-called "News," which are in reality just propaganda broadcasts.
Last edited by Journey/Survivor on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby lparn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:07 am

I saw journey at mohegan sun in June
Jon seemed like he was phoning in his performance
The conflict between them was obvious
I think it's embarressing and tacky how Neal is acting on Twitter
I see a change in Jon in the last 2 years
I believe religion Christianity and politics are a personal matter
I don't think they need or should be part of music
So I'm with Neal on that I don't agree with how he's going about things
I would have loved to see more songs in the set list from revelation and new music
Instead of the same tired set list
I don't agree with using the journey name for things
Like Jon is doing
Charging people $425 for vip and then $200 to play corn hole?
Or $425 with no meet and greet when other bands charge less with one!?
I don't think Jon has any interest in the band anymore
I think it's tacky to use the name even if it is for charity etc
Not sure I'd be interested in a tour with just greatest hits etc
Not sure if I'd be interested in a touring band with Neal
I think they are both at fault and tarnishing the name and legacy
It's really sad esp after rrhof
Would love to see Neal and Steve perry collaborate
Not sure if Steve perry would tour again
Would be awesome yet don't see it happening
Don't know who Neal would get to sing
Wouldn't really interested me seeing a more harder rock type direction
I think this needs to not be played out in public
Let us have positive memories and just move on
lparn
45 RPM

Postby Jana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:29 am

From Neal's facebook page.

Eric Valdes Does this mean you're opening up the library and adding new music to the setlist? One can only dream lol
8 · 12 hrs

Neal Schon
Neal Schon Those that want to keep playing the same set as last 2 decades should leave. I have much more to offer from the 70s Journey

Eric J De Tolve Sometimes change is good! a guitar player of your high caliber needs challenge and not the same set list.There is a wealth of material that will sound fantastic once you dust it off! Bravo
Neal Schon
Neal Schon Yes I've been saying this JC and Ross want to play the same list year after year. Zzzzz
I saw Phish the other night in NY and dug that they play new tunes every night. That is where I'm heading
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Hollywood » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 am

Jana wrote:From Neal's facebook page.

Eric Valdes Does this mean you're opening up the library and adding new music to the setlist? One can only dream lol
8 · 12 hrs

Neal Schon
Neal Schon Those that want to keep playing the same set as last 2 decades should leave. I have much more to offer from the 70s Journey

Eric J De Tolve Sometimes change is good! a guitar player of your high caliber needs challenge and not the same set list.There is a wealth of material that will sound fantastic once you dust it off! Bravo
Neal Schon
Neal Schon Yes I've been saying this JC and Ross want to play the same list year after year. Zzzzz
I saw Phish the other night in NY and dug that they play new tunes every night. That is where I'm heading

If this is Neal's opinion of the setlist I can see why management might side with Jon and Ross. If the band delves too deep at the expense of hits it will definitely hit the bottom line. Believe me when I say I would love nothing more than new Journey music and play it live. Delve deeper into the catalog and play longer sets. Get rid of the 3rd band and play at least 2 hours.

Having said this I was at the first show of the Generations tour in Irvine and they played a lot of new stuff and I was loving it, but I was not oblivious that people were leaving the show and people were starting to boo the band when they player another new song. It was hard to watch. By the end it was over half empty. The opening set of pre-Perry material didn't help either. I think that was my favorite part too. Never heard most of it live and Deen sang "Something to Hide" to perfection.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:03 am

Set List with Gregg Rolie back in Journey:
1. Of A Lifetime
2. Separate Ways
3. Stone In Love
4. Change For The Better
5. Lights
6. Stay Awhile
7. Escape
8. Feelin' That Way
9. Anytime
10. Keep on Runnin'
11. Too Late
12. Just The Same Way
13. Gonna Leave You
14. Edge Of The Moment
15. Blues Magic
16. Who's Cryin' Now
17. Walk Like A Lady
18. Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin
19. Wheel In The Sky
20. Any Way You Want It
21. Don't Stop Believin'
JourneyHard
LP

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:08 am

Set List without Neal Schon in Journey (Jon, Ross, Arnel and others)
1. Separate Ways
2. Be Good To Yourself
3. Only The Young
4. Lights
5. Open Arms
6. Send Her My Love
7. Why Can't This Night Go On Forever
8. Who's Cryin' Now
9. Ask The Lonely
10. With Your Love
11. When You Love A Woman
12. After All These Years
13. Wheel In The Sky
14. Any Way You Want It
15. Don't Stop Believin'
16. Faithfully
JourneyHard
LP

Postby ebake02 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Hollywood wrote:
Jana wrote:From Neal's facebook page.

8 · 12 hrs

Neal Schon

Neal Schon

If this is Neal's opinion of the setlist I can see why management might side with Jon and Ross. If the band delves too deep at the expense of hits it will definitely hit the bottom line. Believe me when I say I would love nothing more than new Journey music and play it live. Delve deeper into the catalog and play longer sets. Get rid of the 3rd band and play at least 2 hours.

Having said this I was at the first show of the Generations tour in Irvine and they played a lot of new stuff and I was loving it, but I was not oblivious that people were leaving the show and people were starting to boo the band when they player another new song. It was hard to watch. By the end it was over half empty. The opening set of pre-Perry material didn't help either. I think that was my favorite part too. Never heard most of it live and Deen sang "Something to Hide" to perfection.

I agree with Neal but the problem is that the casual bandwagon Journey fans that pack the arenas and amphitheaters every tour are only there for the dirty dozen. They've snuck in some older more obscure stuff the last few times I've saw then and the crowd wasn't into it at all.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Journey