Revolutionary Concert Idea

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Revolutionary Concert Idea

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:17 pm

This is the participation part of the message board. What I need is a revolutionary concert idea that Journey can use during their concerts?

This is 2017. Doing the same thing they did 50 years ago is lame. Everybody in the audience has cell phones. I am thinking that Journey should incorporate the cell phones into the concert in some way. The problem is that I haven't thought up how they could do it.

One idea I had is for the band to somehow call the cell phones to start the concert and the cell phones would "beep" in order to the intro to Separate Ways. You could have 5,000 cell phones "beep" the first note and a different 5,000 cell phones "beep" the second note and so on. This could be something fresh and new.

Does anybody have any other revolutionary ideas that can make Journey stand apart from all other concerts?

Remember, Journey was the first rock band to have the big screens behind them and the lighting and different things. Well, that was great for 50 years ago, but now the time has come to make another big step!
JourneyHard
LP

Re: Revolutionary Concert Idea

Postby Memorex » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 am

As far as cell phones, I think linking in a periscope thing could be cool. So showing people's periscope on the screen. BUT - do we really want to promote cell phone use? I'd say offer everyone half their money back if they put the cell phones away, shut the fuck up, and enjoy the show. But that's just me. :)

Yes - I do think music and the concert experience needs to evolve somehow, but I am not sure how. I liked what Marillion did for a while - you'd stay after the show and be able to buy a CD of that show. That would be pretty cool.

I saw a recent Train live feed of their show. I hated it. It's like they have decided to pack as many "moments" into a show as possible. People dancing on stage, cute kid callous, etc. It became so far away from the actual music. So you have to be careful.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:03 am

Give Arnel a jet pack
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:19 pm

If Herbie Herbert was still involved with the band, I would think he would want to do something to modernize the concert experience.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:58 am

Does anybody have the phone number for Mythbusters or Big Bang Theory? I am sure they could come up with some very mind-blowing stuff to sweeten the concert experience.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby slucero » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:04 am

... maybe play some different songs... that would be a good start...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:12 am

slucero wrote:... maybe play some different songs... that would be a good start...

VERY TRUE :!: :!: :!:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Journey