Poss box set of INFINITY EVOLUTION DEPARTURE & CAPTURED

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Poss box set of INFINITY EVOLUTION DEPARTURE & CAPTURED

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 am

Neal Schon's JRNY‏ @NealSchonMusic

I'm working on getting all older work out in box form in future INFINITY EVOLUTION DEPARTURE & CAPTURED at this point it makes sense 2 me
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Poss box set of INFINITY EVOLUTION DEPARTURE & CAPTURED

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:41 am

Neal Schon's JRNY‏ @NealSchonMusic
Yes there is a show sitting in our vault that the video came from

Ray‏ @bionic1980
@NealSchonMusic is there a full concert video of the Raised tour, you used clips for Girl can't help it etc
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 am

Are they going to release the Raised On Radio concert?
JourneyHard
LP

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:45 am

JourneyHard wrote:Are they going to release the Raised On Radio concert?

That RoR concert is from Mountain Aire Festival, CA. I would think it's in somewhat decent shape
if they got that video from it. Hoping soon they put something out from
then.
Last edited by tater1977 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Pretty obvious that Schon is just talking up this Rolie era box set to piss off Cain.
As for the DVD, it is apparent that for whatever reason, Perry doesn't want this released. They also have tons of Arrival footage in the vault as well. I would purchase both in a heartbeat.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Archetype » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:28 am

I really wish they would release the 2005 Generations tour footage.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:20 am

If there is a lot of unreleased material from this era, yes, release it.
Especially to hear the King Biscuit songs, and infinty and evolution unreleased songs (there must be some, a full version of please let me stay, a studio version with fleischmann? (In addition to For You)
And has there ever been any demos or unreleased from evolution?
Departure gave us Natural Thing and (i believe) Little Girl.

A simple re-hash of the original 3 albums, no.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby SF-Dano » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:12 am

tater1977 wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:Are they going to release the Raised On Radio concert?

That RoR concert is from Mountain Aire Festival, CA. I would think it's in somewhat decent shape
if they got that video from it. Hoping soon they put something out from
then.

I was at this show. Would love it if they released it. Great day of live music in the Gold Country sun. Brings back some good memories..... 8)
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 am

I remember a conversation a long time ago I had with CJ's hubby Mark, he said they have a fault full of video... that they'd been filming from the beginning..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:01 am

slucero wrote:I remember a conversation a long time ago I had with CJ's hubby Mark, he said they have a fault full of video... that they'd been filming from the beginning..

What I wouldn't give for a few hours in that vault :lol: :shock: :P :mrgreen:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tj » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:16 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:As for the DVD, it is apparent that for whatever reason, Perry doesn't want this released. .

That was my thought as well. I wondered if it was because it has Randy Jackson and Mike Baird prominently featured (at least in the videos released) which highlights Ross and Smith being let go. Perry looked a little wacked out a couple of times in those videos as well.

I saw them in 86 in OKC in one of their final shows. Was too far back to see anything close up, that's why I always liked the ROR song videos being live.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:20 pm

scarab wrote:If there is a lot of unreleased material from this era, yes, release it.
Especially to hear the King Biscuit songs, and infinty and evolution unreleased songs (there must be some, a full version of please let me stay, a studio version with fleischmann? (In addition to For You)
And has there ever been any demos or unreleased from evolution?
Departure gave us Natural Thing and (i believe) Little Girl.

A simple re-hash of the original 3 albums, no.

Ditto on the re-hash. Not even sure I would buy them with a couple of new songs. Most everything that has been released after the albums (Natural Thing, etc.) at different points has been poor, IMO. Ask the Lonely and Only the Young being added to the reissue of Frontiers is the only add I liked. Since I already had them from GH1 and other compilations, it didn't really matter to me anyway.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby SoonerThunder » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:03 am

tj wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:As for the DVD, it is apparent that for whatever reason, Perry doesn't want this released. .

That was my thought as well. I wondered if it was because it has Randy Jackson and Mike Baird prominently featured (at least in the videos released) which highlights Ross and Smith being let go. Perry looked a little wacked out a couple of times in those videos as well.

I saw them in 86 in OKC in one of their final shows. Was too far back to see anything close up, that's why I always liked the ROR song videos being live.

I was there too! The Incomprable Myriad.

I still hate Glass Tiger
SoonerThunder
Radio Waves

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:44 am

Maybe Journey can try a new gimmick! They can include ONE hidden track on their next album, and each hidden track is a different random previously never released song with STEVE PERRY on lead vocals. (I know Perry would never allow this.) Journey Hardcore Fans will have to buy hundreds of the new album to try to get all the hidden tracks! It will be exciting to listen and hear what track you got. "Dammit! I got Love of Shadows for the fifth time!" (I am making up that title of a song.) :D

I am sure all the songs would end up on Youtube, but it would still be fun to listen with anticipation to see what song you have on the album you bought.
JourneyHard
LP

Return to Journey