Heard this on terrestrial radio...

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Heard this on terrestrial radio...

Postby Marzdog » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:33 am

Our only classic rock station in LA, 100.3 The Sound, played this during their "Fours of July Weekend"... I just about ran myself off the road!
Marzdog
Ol' 78

Re: Heard this on terrestrial radio...

Postby George_g888 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:20 am

Marzdog wrote:Our only classic rock station in LA, 100.3 The Sound, played this during their "Fours of July Weekend"... I just about ran myself off the road!

Love it. Considering this song went top 20 and Journey only does Greatest Hit Shows nowadays, I don't get why this song never, ever makes it into the setlist. I would love to hear arnels version of it.
George_g888
Ol' 78

Re: Heard this on terrestrial radio...

Postby scarab » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Have heard Only the young twice in the last few days, once on the radio (obscure Mankato Mn Station the same I heard Message of Love a dozen or so times back in the day), and once in a gas station (of all places).
Caught the guy in front of me singing along.
It is sad this top 10 hit is never played, along with Good be to yourself on classic rock radio, (KQRS).
But at least they have love for some GH II songs like Stone in Love, Feeling that way/Anytime and Just the same Way.
(and a very rare Hopelessly in Love) once or twice a year.

Was in shock a few years ago when they had a hair metal weekend, and of all songs they played, Ask the Lonely, which was in heavy rotation in 1984.

They also did Guiffrias Call to your Heart which put me more in shock that weekend/ :lol:
scarab
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey