JONATHAN CAIN – Rock and Roll Believer

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 pm

This article seems to have upset NS...

NEAL SCHON MUSIC‏Verified account @NealSchonMusic · 5h5 hours ago
Journey Founder ?

JONATHAN CAIN – Rock and Roll Believer

http://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/1236 ... ever/63241

BY Jon Regen July 11, 2017
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: JONATHAN CAIN – Rock and Roll Believer

Postby George_g888 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:24 am

Good find...Interesting excerpt here..

"Right now, I’m focused on keeping Journey on the road and relevant. It’s tough to make new music today. The problem with our band is it’s very expensive for us to go in, with the crew, etc. Plus, we have so much music now to play. But there are a couple of ideas I’m kicking around. I’ve always wanted to do a “deep cuts” series, where we go on the road and if we play five cities, we play a different show in each city, videotape it, and then do a Pay-Per-View special on the Journey songs you didn’t get to hear. Because we have a huge catalog, and some of these songs will be forgotten if we don’t rev-up with some new media and bring them up to date. So, if we can preserve some of the deeper cuts like “After the Fall,” it will keep those songs alive."
George_g888
Ol' 78

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:27 am

"that have messages of hope and could actually be seen as songs of God."

NOT ok. Just not cool.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:38 am

I can't find Cain being referred to as "Journey founder." Maybe it got deleted already. Cain saying he wants to keep Journey relevant seems like lip service. At this point, they need to do something. Even if it is just an orchestral DVD as mentioned.

It is amusing that Neal has to bitch on Twitter. Can't he just talk to Cain like a man. Really childish, passive aggressive shit.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:46 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
It is amusing that Neal has to bitch on Twitter. Can't he just talk to Cain like a man. Really childish, passive aggressive shit.

Unless he has tried in the past?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:42 am

Eric wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Unless he has tried in the past?

Entirely possible.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby RumTumJM » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:42 am

While I LOVE Neal's openness & engagement with his fans, I can't help but think that, in the long run, it's making matters worse.

I'm sure we'd all rather secrecy, if it keeps the band going.
RumTumJM
45 RPM

Postby Memorex » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:48 am

RumTumJM wrote:While I LOVE Neal's openness & engagement with his fans, I can't help but think that, in the long run, it's making matters worse.

In my opinion, whether he's right or wrong, he ought to shut the hell up. I mean, it's his band and he can say whatever, but I really get annoyed at millionaires and there stupid little pissing matches about who wrote what and who started what. The fans respect all they have done. The dude ought to relax.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby marco17 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:04 am

I didn't see the comment about being a Journey founder either... Possibly the media outlet edited the article after the fact. Neal posted an old pic of him and Perry stating something like...This is what made Journey famous in the last day or two. I think most of this is pandering to Perry so maybe Perry will reach out to him and do something with him in the future. Jon's comment about keeping J relevant is a bit perplexing. With or without new releases, they tour a lot and are great draws, so the coffers are certainly being filled. It's not like they are playing kids parties at the local Chuck-E-Cheese on Saturday night.
marco17
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:42 am

Is this a reprint of an older story and then updated to make it appear new or a completely new story? I see nothing wrong with the article. Jon gave full praise to Journey. Nice to find out that Steve is working in everyone's interest. Of course Jon would mention that and not Neal. So it doesn't surprise me that management choose Jon about RRHOF appearance. Damned if you damned if you don't.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:45 am

Memorex wrote:
RumTumJM wrote:While I LOVE Neal's openness & engagement with his fans, I can't help but think that, in the long run, it's making matters worse.

In my opinion, whether he's right or wrong, he ought to shut the hell up. I mean, it's his band and he can say whatever, but I really get annoyed at millionaires and there stupid little pissing matches about who wrote what and who started what. The fans respect all they have done. The dude ought to relax.

If you try telling him that you might get blocked from his Twitter or Facebook account.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:57 am

George_g888 wrote:Good find...Interesting excerpt here..

"Right now, I’m focused on keeping Journey on the road and relevant. It’s tough to make new music today. The problem with our band is it’s very expensive for us to go in, with the crew, etc. Plus, we have so much music now to play. But there are a couple of ideas I’m kicking around. I’ve always wanted to do a “deep cuts” series, where we go on the road and if we play five cities, we play a different show in each city, videotape it, and then do a Pay-Per-View special on the Journey songs you didn’t get to hear. Because we have a huge catalog, and some of these songs will be forgotten if we don’t rev-up with some new media and bring them up to date. So, if we can preserve some of the deeper cuts like “After the Fall,” it will keep those songs alive."

That's...interesting. Don't people accuse Jon of only wanting to do the so-called "dirty dozen"? Now Jon wants to do more because...what...he finally woke up and smelled the coffee (pun intended)? He is right but it is not going to keep Journey relevant. They need something that will get them mainstream media coverage and not pay-per-view. That will narrow the field of vision of the public.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 am

George_g888 wrote:Good find...Interesting excerpt here..

Cain still thinking about pretty much nothing but money. He'll do the deep-cuts if they can charge extra money for it. Still making the outdated excuse about it being expensive to record new songs. Not this day and age it isn't. They could still turn a profit from a new release. It just wouldn't be as much of a profit as Cain wants to make.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:39 pm

I’m writing a book that’s going to be published next year called “Don’t Stop Believin’” that I’ve been working on for 10 years. With Journey, we had many songs like “Faithfully,” or “Open Arms,” or “Don’t Stop Believin’” that have messages of hope and could actually be seen as songs of God.

fuck... stfu up Jon.. do not shove you faith down my throat or you'll lose this fan. pronto.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:12 pm

slucero wrote:
I’m writing a book that’s going to be published next year called “Don’t Stop Believin’” that I’ve been working on for 10 years. With Journey, we had many songs like “Faithfully,” or “Open Arms,” or “Don’t Stop Believin’” that have messages of hope and could actually be seen as songs of God.

fuck... stfu up Jon.. do not shove you faith down my throat or you'll lose this fan. pronto.

I don't think it would hurt for those of us who feel this way to tweet it publically to Azoff: https://twitter.com/irvingazoff
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:22 pm

Saw nothing wrong with article
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Abitaman wrote:Saw nothing wrong with article

This is over-stepping boundaries: "that have messages of hope and could actually be seen as songs of God."

And frankly - he made it seem like he's the one running the show. I TOTALLY get where Schon is coming from.

"Right now, I’m focused on keeping Journey on the road and relevant. It’s tough to make new music today."
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:09 am

Excerpt:

Finding this actually quite encouraging. Jon is taking personal accountability for the audience's experience. He is taking responsibility for the outcome and results of the concert and being proactive about it. He is not shifting the blame but owning part of it. Very encouraging. Something Neal should promote and highlight. As a TRUE friend and partner would. Maybe it can be brought to Neal's attention. His patience has finally paid off...somewhat.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 am

The better way to keep the deep cuts alive is to hire more singers to help Arnel, and have an "Evening with Journey" tour where Journey performs a three-hour show.

1. Separate Ways
2. Only The Young
3. Stone In Love
4. Lights
5. Stay Awhile
6. Chain Reaction
7. Keep On Runnin'
8. Patiently
9. Open Arms
10. Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin'
11. City Of The Angels
12. Girl Can't Help It
13. After The Fall
14. Feelin' That Way
15. Anytime
(Intermission)
16. Escape
17. Edge Of The Blade
18. Where Were You
19. Who's Cryin' Now
20. Send Her My Love
21. Be Good To Yourself
22. Dixie Highway
23. Mother, Father
24. When You Love A Woman
25. Ask The Lonely
26. Just The Same Way
27. Wheel In The Sky
28. Faithfully
29. Don't Stop Believin'
30. Any Way You Want It
JourneyHard
LP

Postby slucero » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 am

"Deep cuts" would be Neal calling Greg, telling Jon to "take a year off"... take Arnel, Ross and Smitty and go tour and play these albums...

Journey (1975)
Look into the Future (1976)
Next (1977)
Infinity (1978)
Evolution (1979)
Departure (1980)

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby scarab » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

would love to hear Arnel and Rolie on this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmhpCvUFes

as well as the other infinty through departure songs.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:38 pm

scarab wrote:would love to hear Arnel and Rolie on this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmhpCvUFes

as well as the other infinty through departure songs.

amazing...

love schons old tone...very unprocessed.. sounds very natural...

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Return to Journey