Page 1 of 1

Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:53 am
by FamilyMan
The guy sounds totally spent.
Hope he gets a break soon. :cry:

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 pm
by The_Noble_Cause
Went to Arnel's Twitter. This is what I see -

awesome #Noblesville #indiana folks tonight..God bless you my friends
@JourneyOfficial & #AsiaBand are grateful..see you again soon


i hope every folks who went to the @JourneyOfficial & #AsiaBand show last night were all ok..
what a wild #mideasternstorm it was!


And then there was a bunch of stuff about Filipino food. If you can't be bothered to post the tweets, why bother?

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:22 pm
by Archetype
I see nothing on his twitter that would indicate he's "spent"

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:14 pm
by kmjrr
His comment hoping everyone was okay was referring to the July 22nd show in Kansas City. It was cancelled after 3 songs because of lightning and a bad thunderstorm. We had to wait it out for a couple hours in the VIP club building. Bummer.
http://www.kansascity.com/weather/article163164663.html

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 am
by Aaron
I'm not sure where that is coming from but I was at that show. It was the first time in several years we went to watch Journey. The show was as half step down which was disappointing. However, Arnel has blossomed into a good front man. He's not scared anymore, bounced around the stage all night, had the crowd amped up, and he sounded really good! The over vibrato is gone and the dude owned those songs. I was pretty impressed.

Here's a quick summary:
1. Arnel was much better than expected
2. Show was 1/2 step down :(
3. Cain smiled and had some energy
4. Ross was a clown as usual
5. It was super cool to see Steve Smith on the kit. He's much more of a technical player. His solo was awesome. I hate to say it but I think I like Deen better as a drummer for Journey, he's a lot more rock n roll.
6. Schon had energy and can still play great. His guitar tone SUCKED on several song and the distortion was so high you couldn't tell what notes he was playing. This is coming from a guy that plays a Wolfgang Special because a Wolfgang has a tone knob that's a waste of time. A lot of his solo's were wank fests so much it was hard to tell what he was playing, some were not recognizable as the original solos. Just because the playing is technically difficult does not make it good.
7. Place was packed and looked sold out
8. Schon paid a tribute to Steve Perry before playing Lights have the crowd light up cell phones. It was a nice touch.
9. Schon and Cain seemed to get along ok on stage
10. Only deep cuts were "Edge of the Blade" and "La Do Da", rest was standard list we've all heard a 1000 times. :(
11. Asia was good as well. Billy Sherwood taking over lead vocals from Wetton was fine. He sounded good and as it should on all songs. There was a nice tribute to Wetton during the set as well.

Overall the show was enjoyable.

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:08 am
by Memorex
Aaron wrote:I hate to say it but I think I like Deen better as a drummer for Journey, he's a lot more rock n roll.


There is a special place in hell for you. :)

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:01 am
by Aaron
Sorry man, I would have never said it until I'd seen both players live.

It's a personal preference thing I guess. It's like Tommy Lee, he's a game changing drummer. Catch "Rock and Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar" when he visits Tommy. They do 'Rock Candy' and Tommy Lee is a game changer on the skins.

Memorex wrote:
Aaron wrote:I hate to say it but I think I like Deen better as a drummer for Journey, he's a lot more rock n roll.


There is a special place in hell for you. :)

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:38 pm
by bellairepark73
FamilyMan wrote:The guy sounds totally spent.
Hope he gets a break soon. :cry:

He did sound like that at classic east. However one of the reasons can also be that Arnel is not only taking a beating from Neal throwing him under the bus but the so-called fans too. And I use big air quotes with that! Now Arnel is ready to leave and many fans are begging him to stay. As if they are willing to take the blows for him. Ten long and difficult years of comparison, trial and victory and it ends up like THIS?!? He is just as human as the next person but he's just supposed to ignore like a good boy, hired hand, indentured servant and keep on being the soldier for their cravings for more music. And for WHAT?!? The chaos and dysfunction that is NOW JRNY?!? So that they...the ever loving masses can greedily gobble up his voice and spit him out?!? Then say nonchalantly "next". They're just as crazy as their crazy hero Neal. And why aren't they the fans condemning Neal for throwing Arnel under the bus?!? All they talk about is love as a means to pacify him and further subject Arnel to humiliation.

If Neal thinks that Steve is coming back to this so that he can do the same to him...he's has more than got a few marbles loose...they are rolling out of his head voluntarily while screaming...HELP!

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:47 pm
by bellairepark73

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:33 pm
by Greg
bellairepark73 wrote:Check out @arnelpineda's Tweet: https://twitter.com/arnelpineda/status/ ... 47200?s=09


I saw that tweet this morning. Arnel is done.

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:47 am
by scarab
You are wrong, for only $1144 Paula will save him. :lol:

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:15 am
by Archetype
Pretty low of Neal to rake Arnel over the coals so badly for visiting a historic and culturally significant place. I really doubt that Arnel had any political motive behind it. It seems like Neal is just looking for a reason to fire him.

Re: Arnel on Twitter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:29 am
by bellairepark73
Archetype wrote:Pretty low of Neal to rake Arnel over the coals so badly for visiting a historic and culturally significant place. I really doubt that Arnel had any political motive behind it. It seems like Neal is just looking for a reason to fire him.


I agree. All of this drama just feels so calculated. Neal threw Arnel under the bus, over it, and down the middle out the front door. Absolutely uncalled for him to throw Arnel's beginnings back in his face. Arnel forget this band...completely. Do like Steve. ..it was good it was great as its view gets smaller and smaller...in the rear view mirror. Now focus on driving on the road in front of you because you hold your own set as keys.