who's the guy at classic east

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

who's the guy at classic east

Postby grimbsel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 pm

maybe someone can tell me who's the guy playing Keyboards at the classic east gig besides mr. cain? Greg rolie? :?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AClKIEqlJM
grimbsel
Fresh Air

Re: who's the guy at classic east

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Travis Tribeaux (spelling? )
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:30 am

Travis has been with the band since Smitty came back.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby chynablue » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:51 am

Travis is an awesome, AWESOME guy. I feel bad that he's caught in the middle of all this.
chynablue
45 RPM

Postby Archetype » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:47 am

Has it ever been established whose idea it was to bring a 6th guy on board? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I am interested in how it came about. I suspect to replace Deen's vocals, but Journey was fine without Deen's vocals in the 70s and 80s.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby chynablue » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:23 am

Because Steve plays differently than Deen (and doesn't sing), they've added a sixth guy to augment the sound. That's the most simplified way to explain it. :)
chynablue
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 am

Archetype wrote:Has it ever been established whose idea it was to bring a 6th guy on board? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I am interested in how it came about. I suspect to replace Deen's vocals, but Journey was fine without Deen's vocals in the 70s and 80s.

I believe it is said to be Jonathan's idea.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Archetype » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:35 am

chynablue wrote:Because Steve plays differently than Deen (and doesn't sing), they've added a sixth guy to augment the sound. That's the most simplified way to explain it. :)

But they didn't need the 6th guy when Steve was in the band in the 1980s. That's what puzzles me
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 am

Archetype wrote:Has it ever been established whose idea it was to bring a 6th guy on board? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I am interested in how it came about. I suspect to replace Deen's vocals, but Journey was fine without Deen's vocals in the 70s and 80s.

With Smitty back in the fold, I wonder if one of the pre-conditions was to stop using any pre-recorded keyboard/synth bits. Either way, I'm glad Travis is there.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby taysam » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:33 am

grimbsel wrote:maybe someone can tell me who's the guy playing Keyboards at the classic east gig besides mr. cain? Greg rolie? :?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AClKIEqlJM

Here is an article about Travis.

http://www.houmatoday.com/news/20160518 ... -rock-band
taysam
Radio Waves

Return to Journey