Arnel Pineda embarks on a solo concert tour to promote new a

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Arnel Pineda embarks on a solo concert tour to promote new a

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:03 am

Arnel Pineda embarks on a solo concert tour to promote new album

http://asianjournal.com/entertainment/a ... =hootsuite

Los Angeles show, produced by Pageantry Global, Inc. in cooperation with Asian Journal Publications, Inc., Balikbayan Magazine and Love of Country, scheduled for December 3

Journey frontman Arnel Pineda took time off his busy schedule to meet with the Filipino-American media on Saturday, July 29 in Queens, New York.

Pineda finished the Washington, DC leg of their Journey tour on Friday, Juy 29 and flew to New York. On Saturday, he had a band meeting in the morning and watched the musical “Hamilton” in the afternoon before going to Queens for the gathering of media and community leaders.

The following day, he performed with his band Journey, along with other bands Fleetwood Mac and Earth, Wind and Fire at a packed show held at the Citi Stadium.

For Arnel, it has been a long six months of touring with the band and it came to a conclusion last Sunday. He is now looking forward to going home to Manila to be with his family, recharge his batteries and go on another concert tour, this time flying solo to promote his solo album.

This November, Arnel will embark on a nine-city North American tour dubbed, “Arnel Pineda: The Album Promo Tour 2017,”covering both Canada and the United States. It will start on November 4 in Vancouver and conclude on December 3 in Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles concert is produced by Pageantry Global, Inc. in cooperation with Asian Journal Publications, Inc., Balikbayan Magazine and Love of Country.

Organized by MCY Entertainment and Up North Entertainment, the tour will see Arnel on stage performing original compositions and his favorite covers, the songs that he used to sing prior to him joining Journey back in 2007.

Aside from celebrating his tenth year anniversary with Journey this year, 2017 is a milestone year for Arnel because he is turning 50 this September. And earlier this year, his dream of 35 years happened: he met his idol Steve Perry in the flesh, as bandmates Neal Schon and the rest of Journey took their rightful place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

His blessings continue to pour and Arnel is eternally thankful, humbled all the more by the good things that are happening to him today.

Just recently, he was at the White House where he was able to tour the Oval Office and shake the hands of President Donald Trump.

“For me to be able to see the Oval Office and see a piece of American history right there, it was something,” Arnel shared. “Pero hindi ito about sa religion or politics, medyo naba-bash kami ngayon (But this is not about religion or politics. We are getting bashed lately) about politics, but for me it is more about history. This is me, a Filipino involved in Journey, wanting to know more about American history. That was my intention. I’m very apolitical.”

He was then asked how the past 10 years flew by so quickly and what his plans are for the next few years.

“While doing it, the days are dragging, parang ang haba haba pero hindi ko namalayan, ten years na pala. Ngayon na–realize ko na ten years na, parang kalian lang yung 2007 na nag-o-audition pa ako sa kanila (it’s like the days are long, but before I know it, it’s already been 10 years. Now I realized that it’s been 10 years. It was just like yesterday, in 2007 when I auditioned for the group),” he said laughing.

In those ten years, Arnel was able to travel the world – “Puwera (except) Africa and Eastern Europe, yun na lang (those only),” he said – and take the stage as the band’s frontman, delivering the classics such as “Don’t Stop Believing” and “Open Arms”.

And being a member of a legendary rock band, Arnel went through multiple life experiences he never thought he’d be able to accomplish, like television appearances on “Ellen,” “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” NBC’s “Today Show,” among others or penning articles for international magazines, such as “Rolling Stone,” and filling up almost every famed arena in the world from the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles to the Wembley Arena in London and the Tokyo Budokan in Japan.

The band — with Arnel as the frontman — has performed in almost 600 concerts across the globe starting with their 2008 tour. Their 2017 USA/Canada tour alone brought them to 73 cities.

Sometimes he still pinches himself to make sure that he is not dreaming.

Who would have thought that a guy like him would be sharing the same stage with some music legends such as Fleetwood Mac and Earth, Wind and Fire?

“Doon sa Dodgers Stadium, I was on the side watching and dancing when Earth, Wind and Fire was performing. Ang babait nila, we had photos with them and we exchanged stories as well,” he shared fondly.

Recognizing his need to grow as a solo artist, Arnel released his first ever EP back in 2015 and called it “Arnel Pineda Experiment” or “AP.ex.” The recording contained six all-original tracks.

Last year, Arnel released his first full album AP which includes songs he personally penned, some going as far back as the 2000s.

For now, his fans would have to wait till November to see him onstage once more.

“I will sing the songs that I used to sing nung hindi pa ako (when I was not part of) Journey, mga classic rock songs,” he said.

The solo tour to promote the album will run from late 2017 to early 2018 with confirmed shows in the Philippines, nine cities in the U.S. and Canada and a possible European leg in the works.

For Sponsorships, please call Trini Foliente at (818) 455-2132 or Cora Soriano at (213) 999-1993.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Arnel Pineda embarks on a solo concert tour to promote n

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:42 am

Both Arnel and Smitty should run as far away from this burning dumpster fire as fast as they can.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Onestepper » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:20 am

After 10 years, I hope the guy has enough money and security that he feels like he could walk away from Journey. I can't imagine the drama that has become the band is really worth whatever he would have to deal with, not even to mention the strain on his voice and body. Best of luck to him.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:56 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Both Arnel and Smitty should run as far away from this burning dumpster fire as fast as they can.

I agree.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 am

Neal is really being a dick about Arnel visiting the White House. Senseless since Arnel even stated that he's apolitical and just saw it as a great opportunity to immerse himself in American history and culture. I hope he does walk away from Journey if Neal doesn't get pushed out.
Last edited by Archetype on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby tj » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:36 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Both Arnel and Smitty should run as far away from this burning dumpster fire as fast as they can.

If Arnel is still the humble guy he was when he started this, then not making the same cash as he is now shouldn't be a problem. He is a national hero in the Philippines and can make a really good living there singing whatever he wants for the rest of his life.

If he goes, Neal has a much bigger problem. A 4th Post-Perry singer for Journey isn't going to bring in a lot of fans, IMO. Going to YouTube to find another will be like the INXS thing years ago where they tried to get a new lead singer on a reality show. No matter who is chosen, the Arnel type story is a once in a lifetime thing.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:04 am

tj wrote:

If Arnel is still the humble guy he was when he started this, then not making the same cash as he is now shouldn't be a problem. He is a national hero in the Philippines and can make a really good living there singing whatever he wants for the rest of his life.

If he goes, Neal has a much bigger problem. A 4th Post-Perry singer for Journey isn't going to bring in a lot of fans, IMO. Going to YouTube to find another will be like the INXS thing years ago where they tried to get a new lead singer on a reality show. No matter who is chosen, the Arnel type story is a once in a lifetime thing.

Yeah, honestly, the only way I see Neal having another successful Journey lineup is if he gets Steve Perry back. That's pretty much the jest of it. Regardless as to how old Perry is or what shape his voice is in, the name recognition would be the only thing that would save face at this point. It could be written up that Arnel did exactly what he said he would always do, which is step aside for the man himself to retake his rightful spot in the band. Problem is, now that Neal has made it public with his feud between him and the rest of the band, nobody is going to buy that story even if it did happen.

And what's worse is, most of us wouldn't have even thought twice about this if Neal hadn't been the one to blab about it on his Twitter account.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:58 am

I still think it's Neal's wife putting up a stink about Arnel visiting white house. She probably loves Obama and hates Trump. She cannot put her political views under a rug for even one second. If Arnel had visited White House while Obama was president, she wouldn't have complained for one second.

Anyway, I wonder if Arnel will perform the dirty dozen and then a few of his own songs at his concerts.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Broadway Boys w/ Mr. Arnel Pineda | August 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fgMw8w4VS8
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Archetype » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:56 pm

tater1977 wrote:Broadway Boys w/ Mr. Arnel Pineda | August 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fgMw8w4VS8

Arnel could live comfortably for the rest of his life doing stuff like this. He doesn't need Journey, and he doesn't need to deal with Neal's manchild tantrums. He really on ought to collect his dignity and walk away.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:36 am

Archetype wrote:Arnel could live comfortably for the rest of his life doing stuff like this.

Eh, I guess. I'm not quite sure what I just watched. These kids have the pure tenor voice Arnel used to have.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby scarab » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 pm

a thing Arnel is great at, changing his voice to match the original singer. Does a pretty good Bryan Adams in the video.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:52 pm

..maybe Arnel should do a covers album of the soings he used to cover before Journey...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Pacfanweb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Archetype wrote:Neal is really being a dick about Arnel visiting the White House. Senseless since Arnel even stated that he's apolitical and just saw it as a great opportunity to immerse himself in American history and culture. I hope he does walk away from Journey if Neal doesn't get pushed out.

I also wonder if it's his wife more than Neal.

That's why I hate when bands/band members, actors or other celebs get political. Most of them are idiots outside of their craft. Typically little to no education, they hit it big, then when they grow up a bit they start wanting to be taken more seriously for things other than what they actually got famous for.

Keep it to yourself, and STFU.

I do wonder if Obama was still President, if the Schons would be making such a fuss about it, though. I'd be willing to put significant money on "no". And that makes what Neal (really his wife) is doing about as bad as what he's mad about.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:36 am

Pacfanweb wrote:
Archetype wrote:Neal is really being a dick about Arnel visiting the White House. Senseless since Arnel even stated that he's apolitical and just saw it as a great opportunity to immerse himself in American history and culture. I hope he does walk away from Journey if Neal doesn't get pushed out.

That's why I hate when bands/band members, actors or other celebs get political. Most of them are idiots outside of their craft. Typically little to no education, they hit it big, then when they grow up a bit they start wanting to be taken more seriously for things other than what they actually got famous for.

I do wonder if Obama was still President, if the Schons would be making such a fuss about it, though. I'd be willing to put significant money on "no". And that makes what Neal (really his wife) is doing about as bad as what he's mad about.

Exactly! Neal's wife is using the argument of keeping politics out of Journey when it suits her needs. If Journey was doing an Obama rally, she would be happy with it.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 am

Pacfanweb wrote:

Maybe it is Neal's wife, maybe it isn't. If it is Neal's wife, I respect him even less than if it were him alone doing it, because he would be allowing his 5th or 6th trash reality TV wife (I lost count?) destroy the band that he claims is "his."
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby JBlake » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:05 am

slucero wrote:..maybe Arnel should do a covers album of the soings he used to cover before Journey...

But in order to do that, wouldn't he have to get authorization from those who own the rights to those songs first? I'm not sure he could do that for too many of the songs he and the Zoo did. And the ones that he could get, how much in royalties would they ask for, now that AP is where he is now in the music world?
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby slucero » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:13 am

JBlake wrote:
slucero wrote:..maybe Arnel should do a covers album of the soings he used to cover before Journey...

But in order to do that, wouldn't he have to get authorization from those who own the rights to those songs first? I'm not sure he could do that for too many of the songs he and the Zoo did. And the ones that he could get, how much in royalties would they ask for, now that AP is where he is now in the music world?

Covering a song is a fixed fee, the price is the same to Arnel or you.

To record a cover song in the U.S. to be sold in the U.S., locate the publisher, serve them with proper notice and obtain permission, and pay the statutory royalty rate.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby JBlake » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:38 am

slucero wrote:
JBlake wrote:

Covering a song is a fixed fee, the price is the same to Arnel or you.

To record a cover song in the U.S. to be sold in the U.S., locate the publisher, serve them with proper notice and obtain permission, and pay the statutory royalty rate.

I'm surprised. I would have thought that the owner of the rights to the songs could charge whatever they wished.

In regards to the idea of them doing a cover album, I don't really think that would do too well. If anything, he could regroup with the old band members if possible along with maybe a few new members and do an all original album. Maybe throw in one or two covers that have been changed up a little. But I think the focus should be original music.

Also according to this thread, So Neal is upset at AP for going to the WH? Is Neal also having issues with other members of the band? If so, that doesn't seem good.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby WalrusOct9 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:37 am

JourneyHard wrote:I still think it's Neal's wife putting up a stink about Arnel visiting white house. She cannot put her political views under a rug for even one second.

Neal isn't the band member with a wife who literally works for the white house.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:53 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:I still think it's Neal's wife putting up a stink about Arnel visiting white house. She cannot put her political views under a rug for even one second.

But she did work hard to get in there years back.

This season on White House Wives...
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:26 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:

You're 100% correct that Cain's wife works for the "White House," or to be totally accurate she works for Trump and his cronies.
However, do not dismiss the idea that Schon's wife is also working for Trump and his cronies.

Cain and Schon are allowing themselves to used as pathetic pawns in many ways.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:19 am

JBlake wrote:I'm surprised. I would have thought that the owner of the rights to the songs could charge whatever they wished.

In regards to the idea of them doing a cover album, I don't really think that would do too well. If anything, he could regroup with the old band members if possible along with maybe a few new members and do an all original album. Maybe throw in one or two covers that have been changed up a little. But I think the focus should be original music.

Also according to this thread, So Neal is upset at AP for going to the WH? Is Neal also having issues with other members of the band? If so, that doesn't seem good.

the truth for Arnel is that outside of Journey he'll likely not have much of a career...

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby tj » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:09 am

slucero wrote:
JBlake wrote:I'm surprised. I would have thought that the owner of the rights to the songs could charge whatever they wished.

the truth for Arnel is that outside of Journey he'll likely not have much of a career...

Perhaps not in the US, but in the Philippines, he is set for life. The only other famous Filipinos are Imelda Marcos and ...
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:22 pm

tj wrote:
slucero wrote:

Perhaps not in the US, but in the Philippines, he is set for life. The only other famous Filipinos are Imelda Marcos and ...

whilst I agree.. There's a difference between having a career and being set for life..

Anyone who has followed Arnel would know his 10 years in Journey have made him a wealthy man in the PI. That isn't news... That also has nothing to do with having a career...

Cain doesn't want to make new music because he sees no return from it.. thinks its a money losing proposition. For Arnel this is worse.. becasue no one outside of a few US and overseas Phillipino fans will offset the cost of new music from Arnel by even buying it. If Journey can't make money from new music (with Arnel as the singer) then his chances of doing so with his own music are nil.

This 9 city tour is in the USA... so I'd bet this is also a test to see if Arnel can get any possible traction, at all, as a solo artist in the USA. His association with Journey is his only claim to fame, and if Journey can't even leveraged their own name for themselves with new music.. it's isn't logical to assume Arnel can.

Arnel isn't ever going back to the PI and doing covers in bars again, but in the US it's unlikely that he'll be selling out venues as a solo act either.... unless its in a his own band, doing Journey covers... and why do that for less money, when you can do that for a lot more, in the original band?

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby JBlake » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:42 am

slucero wrote:
tj wrote:
whilst I agree.. There's a difference between having a career and being set for life..

Anyone who has followed Arnel would know his 10 years in Journey have made him a wealthy man in the PI. That isn't news... That also has nothing to do with having a career...

Cain doesn't want to make new music because he sees no return from it.. thinks its a money losing proposition. For Arnel this is worse.. becasue no one outside of a few US and overseas Phillipino fans will offset the cost of new music from Arnel by even buying it. If Journey can't make money from new music (with Arnel as the singer) then his chances of doing so with his own music are nil.

This 9 city tour is in the USA... so I'd bet this is also a test to see if Arnel can get any possible traction, at all, as a solo artist in the USA. His association with Journey is his only claim to fame, and if Journey can't even leveraged their own name for themselves with new music.. it's isn't logical to assume Arnel can.

Arnel isn't ever going back to the PI and doing covers in bars again, but in the US it's unlikely that he'll be selling out venues as a solo act either.... unless its in a his own band, doing Journey covers... and why do that for less money, when you can do that for a lot more, in the original band?

You're probably right about most of all that. One thing I would question though is (in bold), if he's doing a tour coming up soon which is going to be covers, I would speculate that he will continue to do covers in the Philippines for some time to come. He may very well do originals as well. But I think from his history, he is very happy to do covers and has been doing a very good job with them in the Philippines. I would even go as far to speculate that he loves singing so much and it's been everything in his entire life, he'd probably have some type of televised show where he sings originals and covers alike. Sort of like a variety show. I could totally see that happening, and in the Philippines that would most likely be a huge success for some time to come.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby Jana » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:13 am

Here's hoping he banked a lot of his money. He threw away money on that nightclub venue he opened. And he said he was going to open it again in a different location. Bad move. I'm sure he's generous with his older sons from previous relationships and his old bandmates and his siblings. But Arnel is not a big spender in everyday life, it would seem. Financial security is everything. I think he probably did save a lot, knowing this would end some day. He probably never envisioned it lasting ten years.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby slucero » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:08 am

JBlake wrote:
slucero wrote:
tj wrote:

You're probably right about most of all that. One thing I would question though is (in bold), if he's doing a tour coming up soon which is going to be covers, I would speculate that he will continue to do covers in the Philippines for some time to come. He may very well do originals as well. But I think from his history, he is very happy to do covers and has been doing a very good job with them in the Philippines. I would even go as far to speculate that he loves singing so much and it's been everything in his entire life, he'd probably have some type of televised show where he sings originals and covers alike. Sort of like a variety show. I could totally see that happening, and in the Philippines that would most likely be a huge success for some time to come.

well I did say "not in bars"... he can probably sell out venues in the PI...

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby carleysdad » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:36 am

I've heard some clips from Arnel's solo album and it is horrible. The vocals themselves are okay, but the songwriting, lyrics, and backing tracks are about as bad as it gets.
carleysdad
Ol' 78

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:06 am

carleysdad wrote:I've heard some clips from Arnel's solo album and it is horrible. The vocals themselves are okay, but the songwriting, lyrics, and backing tracks are about as bad as it gets.

Is there any way you can post 1 or 2? I would be interested in hearing him.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Next

Return to Journey