8%
Neither
32%
Don't care
12%

Total votes : 25

Support Poll

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 am

Support Poll. You can change your response throughout the week.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Re: Support Poll

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:09 am

You should make the poll between Schon's wife and Journey. That is really what's going on here.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:18 am

JourneyHard wrote:You should make the poll between Schon's wife and Journey. That is really what's going on here.

Has his wife pushed a GH set on double and triple bills for $100+ tix, refused to make new music, injected religion into the music and voted against Rolie performing with the band?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby HydraRed » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:45 am

If Neal didn't have any social media to run his mouth on and look like a raging lunatic, he'd probably get my vote for the above reasons.

But at this point, it's gotten so childish that I really don't even care anymore.
HydraRed
Radio Waves

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:57 am

HydraRed wrote:If Neal didn't have any social media to run his mouth on and look like a raging lunatic, he'd probably get my vote for the above reasons.

But at this point, it's gotten so childish that I really don't even care anymore.

Same. While I agree with Neal, the way he has conducted himself lately makes me vote "neither."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:07 am

Normally I would be voting for Neal, but after the last week, I have lost all respect for him as any kind of leader, so I have to vote "neither", because Jon's heart isn't in the band anymore.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Jana » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:26 am

Neal has been immature on twitter, horrendously so, but if I have to give support, it would definitely be Neal.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:43 pm

I haven't voted because I don't like the way that Neal has been handling things. But if I were to vote it would be with him.
I still feel very confident that they are all being assholes that are faking this shit for publicity. As much as I love the band, if it is just a publicity stunt, I hope it bites them in the ass, and they lose fans as a result.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 pm

In the end I don't care, but if I had to say then I think this poll is too broad. It's not one issue.

I support Neal's desire to make new music and even bring Gregg in, etc. To mix things up overall.

I support anyone's right to go to the White House or anywhere else they please because you know, I'm an American and I believe in that whole freedom concept. I do not think it in anyway brings politics to the band. That was the press that called it Journey, not the guys and it was Neal that exploded it. I would have had no idea they were at the White House if not for Neal's rants.

I do not support Neal running down his band-mates publicly. It's ugly and tasteless and unnecessary.

I do not support band-mates letting their wives dictate band politics, cause you know, the Beatles.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Greg » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:46 pm

I said both. Because, we haven't gotten both sides to the story on this. We've just heard from Neal's side on Twitter. You know the old saying, there's one side, there's the other side, and then there's the truth. I'm in the camp that I just want more Journey music. Whether if that is through Cain and company taking the name and continuing on, so be it. If it's Neal kicking everybody out of the band, getting Gregg Rolie back, bringing in some other guys, that's fine. It shouldn't matter to me, as a mere fan, what is going on behind closed doors. We can have an opinion, but in the end, what is that opinion worth? If the band ceases to exist, everybody loses.

Only thing I will say is that Neal's fans say that if Neal is out, there can't be a Journey. Same thing was said about Steve Perry, and yet, Journey continued on. Whether it was just as good, better, or worse is beside the point. The band continued on. If you can continue on without Perry, I'm sure you can continue on without Schon or Cain.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Gideon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:31 am

Memorex wrote:In the end I don't care, but if I had to say then I think this poll is too broad. It's not one issue.

I support Neal's desire to make new music and even bring Gregg in, etc. To mix things up overall.

I support anyone's right to go to the White House or anywhere else they please because you know, I'm an American and I believe in that whole freedom concept. I do not think it in anyway brings politics to the band. That was the press that called it Journey, not the guys and it was Neal that exploded it. I would have had no idea they were at the White House if not for Neal's rants.

I do not support Neal running down his band-mates publicly. It's ugly and tasteless and unnecessary.

I do not support band-mates letting their wives dictate band politics, cause you know, the Beatles.

Me, in a nutshell.

I want more Journey music, a more diverse set list, and I don't want Journey to be political or religious. So I'm with Neal there.

But I'm not with Neal when it comes to his egomaniacal, hypocritical, tactless bullshit. He needs to put Twitter down and never look back.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby lparn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:09 am

I saw journey at mohegan sun in June
Jon seemed like he was phoning in his performance
The conflict between them was obvious
I think it's embarressing and tacky how Neal is acting on Twitter
I see a change in Jon in the last 2 years
I believe religion Christianity and politics are a personal matter
I don't think they need or should be part of music
So I'm with Neal on that I don't agree with how he's going about things
I would have loved to see more songs in the set list from revelation and new music
Instead of the same tired set list
I don't agree with using the journey name for things
Like Jon is doing
Charging people $425 for vip and then $200 to play corn hole?
Or $425 with no meet and greet when other bands charge less with one!?
I don't think Jon has any interest in the band anymore
I think it's tacky to use the name even if it is for charity etc
Not sure I'd be interested in a tour with just greatest hits etc
Not sure if I'd be interested in a touring band with Neal
I think they are both at fault and tarnishing the name and legacy
It's really sad esp after rrhof
Would love to see Neal and Steve perry collaborate
Not sure if Steve perry would tour again
Would be awesome yet don't see it happening
Don't know who Neal would get to sing
Wouldn't really interested me seeing a more harder rock type direction
I think this needs to not be played out in public