Rebuild Journey

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Rebuild Journey

Postby Archetype » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:12 am

Something's going to have to give. Since Neal seems to like being in Journey more than Jon does, I'm assuming that Neal obtains the rights to the Journey name- even though the Jon could plausibly secure it and replace Neal. Make a lineup you think would really kick ass. You can use anyone, regardless of plausibility.

My rebuilt Journey:

Neal Schon- guitar
Jeff Scott Soto- lead vocals
Randy Jackson- bass guitar
Steve Smith- drums
Gregg Rolie- keyboards/vocals
Steve Augeri- guitar/vocals
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Re: Rebuild Journey

Postby Jana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:53 am

Well, Neal has stated he heard Jon, Ross and Arnel are talking about touring without him. It doesn't seem like management is behind Neal after all of his twitter meltdowns. It does seem that Arnel going to The White House, without Neal ever being informed about any of them going, has chosen a side.

Neal isn't taking the Journey name without a massive, legal battle. It's more likely Journey is over and whoever tours, it will have to be under a former-members-of-Journey moniker. With Neal out in the cold as far as Jon, Ross and Arnel, maybe a year off will cool it all down. Jon tours for the money, not any other reason. With that second divorce under his belt, it looks like he still wants to tour to replenish his coffers. Neal loves touring, making music, but he also loves the big Journey money machine.

I guess Journey could stick together, but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like it's unrepairable.
Last edited by Jana on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:54 am

I'd still prefer things be worked out and Rolie were just added to the current lineup...BUT...I'll go with a 4 piece:

Schon: Guitar
Blades: Bass/Vocals
Rolie: Keys/Vocals/Harmonica
Deen-O: Drums/Lead Vocals

I think Schon/Blades/Rolie could have good chemistry writing.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:13 am

Augeri's voice would be shredded in the first month.
And we know Perry isn't coming back

The only way I'd ever go to a Journey Concert would be this lineup.

JSS - Vocals on the rockers
Neal
Rolie (and play the Rolie duets)
Steve Smith with Travis singing the bllads or Deen with Deen singing the ballads
Valory (given his choice I know he'd stay)

I am pretty sure it was Cain who disliked JSS and with him gone maybe he would return.

If Schon goes with 2-3 new guys even WITH Rolie it should not be called Journey.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:23 am

scarab wrote:Augeri's voice would be shredded in the first month.
And we know Perry isn't coming back

The only way I'd ever go to a Journey Concert would be this lineup.

JSS - Vocals on the rockers
Neal
Rolie (and play the Rolie duets)
Steve Smith with Travis singing the bllads or Deen with Deen singing the ballads
Valory (given his choice I know he'd stay)

I am pretty sure it was Cain who disliked JSS and with him gone maybe he would return.

If Schon goes with 2-3 new guys even WITH Rolie it should not be called Journey.

I wouldn't want to see Augeri back as a lead singer, but as a background vocalist and replacing Jonathan Cain's guitar playing.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 am

Well, assuming the one rule of this thread is that Neal and Jon can't co-exist, then it would depend on which guy is in the band.

So, for Jon Cain's Journey:

Kevin Chalfant/Steve Augeri/Arnel Pineda/Jason Kelty: Lead Vocals
Jon Cain: Keyboards/Piano
Josh Ramos: Guitars
Ross Valory: Bass
Steve Smith: Drums

For Neal Schon's Journey:

Steve Augeri/Kevin Chalfant/Jason Kelty/Some other YouTuber: Lead Vocals
Gregg Rolie: Keyboards/Organ
Neal Schon: Guitars
Randy Jackson: Bass
Deen Castronovo: Drums

I don't see either side scoring Steve Perry, I don't care what Schon says on his Twitter. I don't see either side getting JSS to help. I think that ship has sailed. Steve Augeri would probably come back, though, as long as his voice was taken care of.

Honestly, for me, either one without Steve Perry is neck and neck. If both camps wrote new music, then that might be more of an indicator as to which side I'd take.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby SF-Dano » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:16 am

Schon
Rolie
Blades
Castronovo/Hakim/Shrieve/Smith
Thomas/Soto/Perry
(maybe add a 2nd guitarist (Miles?))
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby ScarabFan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:29 am

Soto/Augeri/Unknown - Lead Vocals
Schon - Guitar
Rolie - Keys
Marco Mendoza - Bass
Castronovo - Drums/Vocals
ScarabFan
Radio Waves

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:33 am

Out of the current roster of Journey clones, I would say Kevin could possibly end up with the Cain lineup. This is assuming that such a thing will ever take place. I think the band will be back on the road in a year and Neal will still be grumbling on Twitter.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Return to Journey