Journey - Boston 1998 - AUDIO ONLY

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey - Boston 1998 - AUDIO ONLY

Postby PianoMan1986 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:48 am

I was curious to see what would come up with a search for the Vacation's Over tour, watched some videos I've seen before, and then saw this one. I know the beginning is chopped off from WCN and I haven't gone through the whole thing yet. Sounds like the audio transfer might have slightly pitched things up a bit, but enjoyable for what it is -- being LIVE!

https://youtu.be/BZuea8ebl-w
PianoMan1986
LP

Re: Journey - Boston 1998 - AUDIO ONLY

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:07 am

Thanks for sharing. Steve A. at his best. You can hear the audience - enjoying him for the first time - reacting to all the high's. Also interesting here is the set list. Lots of deep cuts. There are tracks from ROR and TBF. An inspired set for a band returning to the fold, and not just relying on its hits to resurrect itself. Today's lineup could learn a thing or two.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby scarab » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 am

Augeri sounds like Chalfant in his prime.
Even with the bad recording he sounds great.

Was great to hear feeling that way/anytime played live. When was that done last?
With listening to a lot of Rolie era songs this is awesome.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:40 am

98-11 this band was very, very creative most of the time. Since then its not a creative band...and that's what Schon is talking about.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby PianoMan1986 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks to those that have replied and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

FamilyMan -- It's great to hear enthusiasm not just from the audience, but from Jon & Neal for being back; albeit almost 20 years on and you wish that same enthusiasm was never lost or faded. Definitely a unique set from them if you check on setlist.fm for that show covering a wide spread on their catalog, a couple jams, and a new song for that matter.

scarab -- I hear some similarities, but still two different singers with their styles and approach, but I like both. Definitely agree on Feeling That Way/Anytime.

Eric -- I would at least '98 to '06, although I could see through '11 too.
PianoMan1986
LP

Return to Journey