Why Bon Jovi is a lock for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Nov 21 2017, 11:57 AM

By Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio - When it comes to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominations and inductions, guarantees are like gaining a consensus. Good luck with that.

But for next year's Induction Ceremony, taking place at Cleveland's Public Hall, I'm willing to go out on a limb and make a guarantee: Bon Jovi will be inducted. Count on it.

No, I'm not livin' on a prayer. There's evidence that Bon Jovi will have a nice day on Saturday, April 14.

First, there's the Fan Vote. While some will insist that the annual poll doesn't actually matter, it has become the closest thing to a predictor the Rock Hall has.

Since the Fan Vote began, the top vote getter - Rush, Kiss, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Chicago and Journey - has earned induction. Bon Jovi is currently in the poll position and it's a runaway.

From a practical standpoint, the fan vote little impact on the inductions. The acts that finish in the top five are placed on ONE ballot included in the voting pool of, like, 900 people.

Yet, a trend is a trend. I don't know if voters actually pay attention to poll, if it's a conspiracy or just a massive coincidence. But I believe it's something that should help fans keep the faith heading into the reveal of the inductees next month.

Another trend that's easy to fall in and out of love with is just how many rock acts that weren't always critical darlings, but sold a ton of records have been inducted recently. Everyone from Rush and Kiss to Chicago and Journey finally got the respect they deserve.

Those bands had trouble even earning a nomination. But Bon Jovi is on its second vote. Realistically, it's hard to imagine a bigger push for any other band on the ballot. Just on name recognition alone, voters are likely to choose a band with half a dozen karaoke standards than someone known for one album (Sorry Dire Straits).

Then there's this conspiracy theory that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which airs on HBO, is all about ratings. If true, yo'll need a headliner and Bon Jovi would be it, at least for the demographic the Rock Hall usually draws.

I'm not saying I buy into such a conspiracy. But the Rock Hall is the kind of show where you want to make a memory. A reunion between longtime guitarist Richie Sambora and his bandmates might even be sweeter than Steve Perry taking the stage with Journey (Because Sambora might actually perform).

So go ahead and plan your trip to Cleveland, Bon Jovi fans. Push all doubts aside. I know what you're thinking - would this guy lie to me? Listen, it's my life and I'm willing to bet it on the boys from Jersey. If I'm wrong, may I be wanted dead or alive.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Why Bon Jovi is a lock for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Postby lparn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Why is it so difficult to be inducted into rnrhof
Why are some artists saying negative things about it
Is it by merit or political
Not to sound dumb just trying to understand
Thanks
lparn
45 RPM

Postby slucero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:26 am

its not that its difficult...

its done by a committee... here is the 2017 comittee:

Jon Landau, chairman
Sandy Alouete
James Bernard
Nathan Brackett
Cliff Burnstein
Anthony DeCurtis
Reginald C. Dennis
David Dorn
Bill Flanagan
David Fricke
Elysa Gardner
Holly George-Warren
Meg Griffin
Dave Grohl
Greg Harris
Mike Kaufman
Lenny Kaye
Rick Krim
Alan Light
Rob Light
Amy Linden
Dave Marsh
Tom Morello
Robbie Robertson
Paul Shaffer
Seymour Stein
John Sykes
Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson
Steven Van Zandt
Craig Werner

This is a pretty good article on how its done:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/10/arts ... ially.html

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby lparn » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:33 pm

slucero wrote:its not that its difficult...

its done by a committee... here is the 2017 comittee:

Jon Landau, chairman
Sandy Alouete
James Bernard
Nathan Brackett
Cliff Burnstein
Anthony DeCurtis
Reginald C. Dennis
David Dorn
Bill Flanagan
David Fricke
Elysa Gardner
Holly George-Warren
Meg Griffin
Dave Grohl
Greg Harris
Mike Kaufman
Lenny Kaye
Rick Krim
Alan Light
Rob Light
Amy Linden
Dave Marsh
Tom Morello
Robbie Robertson
Paul Shaffer
Seymour Stein
John Sykes
Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson
Steven Van Zandt
Craig Werner

This is a pretty good article on how its done:
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/10/arts ... ially.html

Thanks that was an interesting article I saw the comments by kiss also
Still not sure why some artists have problems with it or decline
lparn
45 RPM

Postby slucero » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:09 am

Some artists think the Rock HOF is a joke for inducting acts that aren't really "rock & roll"....

Some artists hate Jann Wenner..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby tj » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:57 am

slucero wrote:Some artists think the Rock HOF is a joke for inducting acts that aren't really "rock & roll"....

Some artists hate Jann Wenner..

A lot of Rock artists look at some of the past inductees and think it's a joke. Tupac Shakur in the ROR HOF? In the Rap HOF, sure. But not ROR. Turning it around, I don't see AC/DC or Journey or Van Halen making into a Rap HOF, nor should they. :?
tj
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey