Bakersfield 2001 - Augeri concert

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Bakersfield 2001 - Augeri concert

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 am

SA worked his ass off this night. Even doing Mother Father! Damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p0z_-FZEdY&t=269s
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Bakersfield 2001 - Augeri concert

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:41 am

I just feel like even on his bests days live it was always a bit ropey in a lot of parts. Nearly always a bit sharp or flat
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:51 pm

youkeepmewaiting wrote:I just feel like even on his bests days live it was always a bit ropey in a lot of parts. Nearly always a bit sharp or flat

I think even SA would agree. But technical perfection isn't everything. Arnel had a wider range, but Augeri sang with more feeling imo. SA was also a better frontman.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:23 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
youkeepmewaiting wrote:I just feel like even on his bests days live it was always a bit ropey in a lot of parts. Nearly always a bit sharp or flat

I think even SA would agree. But technical perfection isn't everything. Arnel had a wider range, but Augeri sang with more feeling imo. SA was also a better frontman.

I'd take SA vocals on the Arrival album every day recorded. My favourite Journey vocals since Perry.
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:00 am

Not in '98 / Vacation's Over tour. He was like a laser. Pitch perfect.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:02 am

saw SA in 2001.. he was spot on... great stage presence.

always thought Arrival was an underrated album... "To Be Alive Again" is a great tune..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Don't care what anybody says. I love SA. He's a great frontman and his soulful voice really match's Journey's aesthetic. They could have pushed his style and helped him find his voice that could have worked wonders other than burning him out. Steve A deserved better.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:35 pm

SA was great on the Vacation's Over tour. I saw his first show and he was pretty scared and killed. Saw him a few shows later and he was great. Dude is good!

FamilyMan wrote:

Not in '98 / Vacation's Over tour. He was like a laser. Pitch perfect.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:19 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Don't care what anybody says. I love SA. He's a great frontman and his soulful voice really match's Journey's aesthetic. They could have pushed his style and helped him find his voice that could have worked wonders other than burning him out. Steve A deserved better.

Agreed.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby lparn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:41 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Don't care what anybody says. I love SA. He's a great frontman and his soulful voice really match's Journey's aesthetic. They could have pushed his style and helped him find his voice that could have worked wonders other than burning him out. Steve A deserved better.

Agree 100%
lparn
45 RPM

Postby Abitaman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:37 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Have to agree. AP is not a bad singer, but i think SA shows a lot more feeling in his singing. Always like SA as a front man, seems laid back and calm, but personable.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:29 am

Arrival would've made a great vinyl-length record. Cut most of the ballads and you've got a half-dozen solid rockers that are more than worthy of standing up next to the classics, and light years better than anything on Trial By Fire. But it was bogged down with filler.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:55 am

Casual fans disrepected Steve Augeri when they left the Journey concert early. Yes. Journey was being cool and ended the show with "We'll Meet Again" and half the crowd just got up and left. That was really crappy to do. I, of course, stayed because I am a real fan of Journey and their music.

I agree that Steve Augeri was a great frontman. He connected with the audience. Now, we have Jon and Neal and Ross saying the same boring thing ever concert in a flat voice. Steve Perry was a great front man, too. Jeff Scott Soto would have been a good frontman if give the chance.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Return to Journey