Schon Rolling Stone Interview

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Schon Rolling Stone Interview

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:17 am

Not much new here. Some of the article is comprised of old Neal's tweets. Actual NEW interview portions included below:

I was not informed by anyone about the White House visit," Schon tells Rolling Stone in a brief interview. "They have said many times that I wasn't invited. That being said, I wouldn't have wanted to be. We've up to that point never been involved with anything political or anything evangelical or any one religion. Being the founding member ... I felt I should have been informed as they went as Journey, not individually."

But Schon's conflicted reports masked a major medical condition he was quietly facing on the road. "I was diagnosed with a serious case of double pneumonia in Washington, D.C., in the middle of the tour," he told Rolling Stone. "I continued touring against doctors' advice for everyone's sake including the other bands that were touring with us at the time."

What will the rest of 2018 hold for Journey? Schon wants to get back on the road. There are already strong indications that a co-headlining tour with Def Leppard will be announced.

"I'm ready," Schon says. "I'm just waiting to hear the word from management." The turmoil of this year coupled with his decision to play the North Bay Fire Relief show without any members of the current Journey might suggest that changes to the band are imminent. But Schon says the lineup won't change.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Schon Rolling Stone Interview

Postby ebake02 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 am

If Neal is ready to make nice then he must be getting behind with those support/alimony checks. You can bet that Paula will be chomping at the bit to throw Friga’s ass out the door and collect that $$$$ for her church/money laundering business.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks for filtering the bs TNC.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:51 am

haven't they done this before?
this is really sad cause many of us real fans want to see Journey with Rolie.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:58 am

I believe it was relayed on another thread that Neal is doing a benefit concert called JOURNEY THROUGH TIME, doing INFINITY, DEPARTURE AND EVOLUTION and probably some early pre-Steve tunes as well. Concert sold out in 3 to 5 minutes. I was SOOOO ready to go...especially IF a certain special guest was going to be there. However, I can most definitely say that most of those tickets were swept up by scalpers, selling them for over 400.00. Deen says that there WILL be more concerts like this, next year. Unclear if it will be before the tentative Def Leopard summer tour, but more than likely yes. If Neal comes to NYC for his solo tour, I think I will check him out. I missed Arnel's benefit here, but I am most definitely buying his album.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby lparn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:39 pm

I personally would rather see the lineup of this benefit show live
If it's only just to see Deen play
I prefer him and his playing in journey
I really hope they don't tour with def Leppard in 2018
Would rather see them tour with poison
While I can sympathize with Neal and his health problem on tour
It still doesn't explain to me why they charge $425 for the vip package with no meet and greet
Other bands charge less with one
Or even 2 or 3 of them coming to the party for photos
Like in 2005-06
the last 2 shows I attended Jon was like phoning it in
Seems worse since the rnrhof
Like they don't really care about the fans who put them there
If I were def Leppard I'd steer away from a tour like this
lparn
45 RPM

Return to Journey