Good interview with Jon

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Good interview with Jon

Postby slucero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:28 am

Gives some good insight into the writing process between him, Perry and Schon... (I've never heard him describe it this way before)

http://www.geartechrec.com/17-12-jonathan-cain/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Re: Good interview with Jon

Postby tj » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 am

slucero wrote:Gives some good insight into the writing process between him, Perry and Schon... (I've never heard him describe it this way before)

It's interesting to me that he recognized his voice was not one that would carry a band.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby RPM » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:46 pm

slucero wrote:Gives some good insight into the writing process between him, Perry and Schon... (I've never heard him describe it this way before)

That was a nice read, thanks for sharing.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:41 am

There was a time I would be interested in reading this, but as Jon has no interest in Journey, why should I (or any fan?) care? This guy needs to go. He is using the fans to fund his lavish prosperity-gospel SCAM lifestyle. Neal may be crazy, but at least he cares about Journey.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:29 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:There was a time I would be interested in reading this, but as Jon has no interest in Journey, why should I (or any fan?) care? This guy needs to go. He is using the fans to fund his lavish prosperity-gospel SCAM lifestyle. Neal may be crazy, but at least he cares about Journey.

Exactly! Jon can't find the time to get together with Neal and write just one new Journey song that they can play on their next tour? I am sure if they work hard on just one song it would be awesome. But Jon has no interest in doing this. He just wants to play the dirty dozen to death.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby EightyRock » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:50 am

I read enough of it to think he’s trying to do what he always does....take credit for being the major force in creating the songs, seeing the big picture and putting all the pieces with everyone’s talent together. Dude is nauseating. Me,me,me.
EightyRock
8 Track

Postby lparn » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:45 pm

I can respect his Christianity and religion however every interview he mentions it and takes all the credit for the music and songs
Very nauseating
Using the fans to his advantage
lparn
45 RPM

Postby brywool » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:44 am

Actually, I found this interview to be more inclusive of Neal and Perry than most recent ones. I read one the other day and it sounded like Jon did EVERYTHING. No mention of Schon anywhere. Not sure if that was the writer's spin or Jon's but I found that a real drag to read. I very much do like to hear Cain talk about his gear, studio, his writing process, his musical path, and how he wrote and interacted with the other members of Journey, The Babys, & Bad English. As a player, that stuff interests me. The rest... it just doesn't interest me.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Pacfanweb » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:18 am

lparn wrote:I can respect his Christianity and religion however every interview he mentions it and takes all the credit for the music and songs
Very nauseating

Yeah, it's really disingenuous, all the praising of God and trying to now say some Journey songs are religion-based.

Dude, glad you felt called for whatever reason. If it works for you, great.

But it really puts people off for you to throw it up in our face every time you talk. Yay, you're religious now. Good for you. LIVE it. Don't tell us about it. Just BE, and we'll see.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby lparn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:22 am

Pacfanweb wrote:
lparn wrote:I can respect his Christianity and religion however every interview he mentions it and takes all the credit for the music and songs
Very nauseating

Yeah, it's really disingenuous, all the praising of God and trying to now say some Journey songs are religion-based.

Dude, glad you felt called for whatever reason. If it works for you, great.

But it really puts people off for you to throw it up in our face every time you talk. Yay, you're religious now. Good for you. LIVE it. Don't tell us about it. Just BE, and we'll see.

I agree 100 % Christianity is by example not words
I don't need religion thrown in my face
It's a personal private thing
lparn
45 RPM

Return to Journey