The “Real” Music Observer on JRNY & Steve Perry

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

The “Real” Music Observer on JRNY & Steve Perry

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:09 am

As many videos as the gentleman Dave Spuria also known as The Real Music Observer has done about or regarding the above mentioned two (2) subjects and how many people have responded to the videos regarding the two (2) subjects, I am somewhat surprised that he, The Real Music Observer, has not been a subject here on MR.

Out of all the 400 (by the last count of this post) videos he has done, at least 213 (a little more than half) have been about JRNY or Steve Perry in some shape or form. In fact, he at one time had a HUGE Twitter battle with Neal Schon regarding Neal’s tense and intense online argument regarding Cain (Frigga) and his/his wife’s activities and the sabotage of Arnel’s voice via the set list and who actually owns the JOURNEY/JRNY band brand…all of which eventually got him blocked from viewing Neal’s Twitter account. No surprise there because there are some here that got blocked from his account for trying to be the voice of reason. He supposedly broke the story that Steve Perry’s new manager, according to a very well-known musical source is/was Steven Jensen (of Direct Management Group), and that he (Jensen) was going around telling people that Steve’s album was finished and that they were planning a HUGE comeback. That video gained at least 35k views. However, a quick Google search did not bring that up and many went to look up Steven Jensen and found DMG website. While there are a few select artists listed: k.d. Lang, Adam Lambert, Katy Perry and 1 or 2 others…there is no Steve Perry to be found. It was found out that Steven Jensen is a friend of SP that is/was merely helping him out in some form.

He has and is still claiming that Steve Perry watches or at least has been shown his videos and was allegedly angry about the one where he speculates if Steve had vocal cord surgery or not, based on a supposed scar he (SP) appears to have from a close of when SP appeared onstage at the RRHOF.

So I am saying all this to say that there is enough blame to go around with the gossip wheel turning. He has blamed SP while he stirs and fans the flame of rumor with his videos. While I cannot say with any kind of certainty that he doesn’t know anything (because you never know who knows who), I can confidently say that he doesn’t know much (as he sometimes admits by saying it is all speculation).
Ok. I have said my piece about this video blogger gossip magazine (for now). Anyone else?
Last edited by bellairepark73 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Re: The “Real” Music Observer on JRNY & Steve Perry

Postby PianoMan1986 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Thank you! I've been wondering when someone was going to speak out on this guy. I tend to lean more towards the belief that the guy really doesn't know much of anything and might as well be speculation. In watching a handful of his Journey-related videos, he comes off as a recent bandwagon fan -- not to waste anyone's time, but check out his video discussing JSS, Neal's "Journey Through Time", etc. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I'm surprised that the powers that be haven't put a kibosh on this guy for his lack of credibility or fanning the gossip flames of the band.
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Nobody has mentioned him because he is irrelevant. Just some guy talking out of his ass on camera.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Greg » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:56 am

Wow, he has over 400 videos now? That's quite impressive. I know he makes multiple videos a day (as I see the same shirt on and same place he did the last video), and I figured he was trying to pad his video count. He's got over 3,000 subscribers (what the heck, I subscribed), and I can't remember what the average count on views he has, but you figure if he's got 400 videos, and he gets 100 views each, then that's 40,000 views, which allows his channel to be monetized. Of course, I think you get a dollar per 1000 views, so that winds up being about $40. Ya know, $40/month from YouTube? I'd take it!

As for his content, I don't watch his videos thinking that what he's saying is gospel truth. I think just what his title is, "Music Observer" is saying that he's simply observing what he thinks - nothing different from editorials or the opinion pieces we read in the daily rag. I don't know if he has inside info or not. It could simply be that his "sources" are screwing with him just to see what he says on his YouTube videos, or maybe they are allowing him to "break news" on things they want out and figure if things go south, they can blame it on the no-name guy in the glasses and let him take the fall for it. I bet I'm probably not too far off on that.

But at any rate, I support the guy if he's posting that many videos and drumming up subscriptions and views. I'm trying to get a YouTube channel going about Sleep Apnea - something much less controversial (I hope) and maybe not as exciting, but it's something I suffer from and figure I have a story to tell, so why not? If I happen to make a few bucks from it, all the better. If not, it's actually kind of fun making videos and seeing how many views and likes one can get.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 am

PianoMan1986 wrote:Thank you! I've been wondering when someone was going to speak out on this guy. I tend to lean more towards the belief that the guy really doesn't know much of anything and might as well be speculation. In watching a handful of his Journey-related videos, he comes off as a recent bandwagon fan -- not to waste anyone's time, but check out his video discussing JSS, Neal's "Journey Through Time", etc. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I'm surprised that the powers that be haven't put a kibosh on this guy for his lack of credibility or fanning the gossip flames of the band.

No, he is no Johnny-come lately. He has been a fan since Escape...he actually went to the concert. He tried to pin his videos being demonetized on Neal having a friend on YouTube until someone tried to point out to him that YouTube was doing that unilaterally to others as well who have nothing to do with Journey.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby lparn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:18 am

I think some of the things he says are interesting, however I agree they're just his opinions and observations. I prefer some of the videos where he showcases unknown artists or classic rock artists/ songs. I think in a few he kind of talks like he he has inside information or knowledge. Am not sure why he's being allowed to do that. Having been burnt a few years back online by those kind of claims I take that with a grain of salt. I know Neal cut him off on twitter. While he's certainly entitled to his opinion I think saying negative comments about people especially when he doesn't know them is Crap. He then contradicts himself on twitter :roll:
I think he's just stirring the pot.
lparn
45 RPM

Postby Greg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:38 am

lparn wrote:I think some of the things he says are interesting, however I agree they're just his opinions and observations. I prefer some of the videos where he showcases unknown artists or classic rock artists/ songs. I think in a few he kind of talks like he he has inside information or knowledge. Am not sure why he's being allowed to do that. Having been burnt a few years back online by those kind of claims I take that with a grain of salt. I know Neal cut him off on twitter. While he's certainly entitled to his opinion I think saying negative comments about people especially when he doesn't know them is Crap. He then contradicts himself on twitter :roll:
I think he's just stirring the pot.

Well, it all comes down to views on YouTube. More views you get, better chance of getting paid. I noticed his video on Steve Perry starring on a TV Show (which Perry is not that we know of, was just his speculation) drew in 2.5 thousand views, which isn't too shabby. His Journey related videos get quite a lot of views, which is more money in his pocket. Even if the videos wind up being largely speculation, people are watching, and that's what Dave wants. I mean, I can't blame him - that's why TMZ got so popular. When it comes to Journey, namely Steve Perry, I take any information from anywhere with a grain of salt until I see it with my very own eyes. Even when it comes straight from the horse's mouth - I don't believe it until I see it! I don't know the dude personally, but if he's putting videos out, largely, about Melodic Rock music, then that can't be a bad thing. Any exposure is good exposure for the genre.

I mean, yeah, any one of us could probably start a YouTube channel and speculate on our favorite bands - and probably bring in enough views to score a couple $$ in our pocket, but I don't fault anybody for actually doing it. Now, yeah, if they're doing it to bad mouth someone or to purposely spread misinformation to harm people, then that's wrong. I don't think anything the The Real Music Observer is doing is purposely harming anybody. I mean, how many times have we all, here, have bad mouth members of Journey? Quite a bit. Has it harmed any of them? I don't think so. As far as we know, they're all still rich.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby lparn » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:52 am

PianoMan1986 wrote:Thank you! I've been wondering when someone was going to speak out on this guy. I tend to lean more towards the belief that the guy really doesn't know much of anything and might as well be speculation. In watching a handful of his Journey-related videos, he comes off as a recent bandwagon fan -- not to waste anyone's time, but check out his video discussing JSS, Neal's "Journey Through Time", etc. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I'm surprised that the powers that be haven't put a kibosh on this guy for his lack of credibility or fanning the gossip flames of the band.

I'm surprised they haven't either
I can appreciate he has an opinion and can express it freely to make money etc
While he might be a fan for awhile
I don't think he knows anyone personally and would hope he isn't blindly leading anyone to believe he does
As far as his negative comments etc while they aren't making people any less rich or hurting them
Kind of irks me as a fan of those people/bands
I haven't really watched the videos lately unless it regards a song/artist spotlight
lparn
45 RPM

Postby tj » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:14 am

Anyone with a smartphone and an internet connection is a "journalist" today. Facebook is the number one source for medical information for millions of people. Even "real" journalists take liberties with facts and speculation that would have gotten them kicked out of journalism school 30 years ago. If we wanted, we could all set up our own Journey News page where we take all of the speculation from 20 years worth of stuff on this site and monetize it as the "unauthorized" version of something. :( Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if that is where this guy gets his "information".
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 am

I don't have any inside information, but logic tells me that Steve Perry has no reason to release a new album because it won't make him any money. Now, if he wants to tour, he can make some big money doing that, and then releasing an album makes sense so he can play five new songs during the concert tour.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Greg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:55 am

JourneyHard wrote:I don't have any inside information, but logic tells me that Steve Perry has no reason to release a new album because it won't make him any money. Now, if he wants to tour, he can make some big money doing that, and then releasing an album makes sense so he can play five new songs during the concert tour.

If his new album is part of some awesome limited addition box set, then I would most definitely buy it.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:22 pm

JourneyHard wrote:I don't have any inside information, but logic tells me that Steve Perry has no reason to release a new album because it won't make him any money. Now, if he wants to tour, he can make some big money doing that, and then releasing an album makes sense so he can play five new songs during the concert tour.

In a day and age where some adult contemporary albums still make money, I think SP will do fine.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Greg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:40 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

In a day and age where some adult contemporary albums still make money, I think SP will do fine.

Seeing how Neil Diamond was at the New Year's Eve event in New York and how everybody was singing along to Sweet Caroline, that gave me hope that music listeners would still eat up a new Steve Perry album. I hate talking in hypotheticals, though. He needs to release an album or at least say nope, not happening ever.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Exactly right TNC. His album will do fine. Especially since when HE said there will be a new album back in April2017 and one of many articles went to over 2 MILLION shares. And his EELS appearance is over 2 MILLION and his speech at the RRHOF is slightly over 1 MILLION views on YouTube. That's great for someone who hasn't put out anything of his own in over 20 years.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:12 am

Greg wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Seeing how Neil Diamond was at the New Year's Eve event in New York and how everybody was singing along to Sweet Caroline, that gave me hope that music listeners would still eat up a new Steve Perry album. I hate talking in hypotheticals, though. He needs to release an album or at least say nope, not happening ever.

I agree with you. Hypotheticals are never good but music listeners will eat it up. BUT he does need to say and LET his yes MEAN yes and his no MEAN no!
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:01 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:I agree with you. Hypotheticals are never good but music listeners will eat it up. BUT he does need to say and LET his yes MEAN yes and his no MEAN no!

It would be nice if Steve Perry would tell us the truth. It is like going to the doctor. I have an appointment for 2 PM, but I have to wait until 2:30 PM to see doctor. Why don't they just schedule the appointment for 2:30 PM if they know the doctor cannot see me at 2:00 PM?

If Steve Perry doesn't want to release it, it is fine. Just tell us that. If Perry wants to wait until October 2018 or October 2019, tell us that, too.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Greg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:31 am

JourneyHard wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:I agree with you. Hypotheticals are never good but music listeners will eat it up. BUT he does need to say and LET his yes MEAN yes and his no MEAN no!

It would be nice if Steve Perry would tell us the truth. It is like going to the doctor. I have an appointment for 2 PM, but I have to wait until 2:30 PM to see doctor. Why don't they just schedule the appointment for 2:30 PM if they know the doctor cannot see me at 2:00 PM?

If Steve Perry doesn't want to release it, it is fine. Just tell us that. If Perry wants to wait until October 2018 or October 2019, tell us that, too.

Because then, they won't see you until 3pm! :lol:
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:26 am

The Real Music Observer says that the Set Leopard tour is confirmed with a date in July in Michigan...I think. Anyone know any truth behind that statement. He mentioned some guy's name...Rick or Rich I think.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby DracIsBack » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:52 am

The Real Music Observer is a douchebag. Sorry.

It's like if Archie Bunker existed in 2018 and had a webcam. Dude is loud, arrogant, obnoxious and kinda ignorant even though he acts like he knows everything.

When people called him out on his horse-shit, he first ducked tough questions, then he disabled commenting.

I don't even watch anymore.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby slucero » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:34 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:The Real Music Observer says that the Set Leopard tour is confirmed with a date in July in Michigan...I think. Anyone know any truth behind that statement. He mentioned some guy's name...Rick or Rich I think.

not according to Rick Allen..

In an interview with the Rock Titan web site conducted this past week, DEF LEPPARD drummer Rick Allen shot down speculation about a 2018 tour with JOURNEY, saying (see video below):

"I don't think that tour is gonna happen. It's something that's been talked about, but I'm not sure anything has ever really been finalized. But I hope that, you know, we'll get to hear something in the not-too-distant future."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:38 am

slucero wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:The Real Music Observer says that the Set Leopard tour is confirmed with a date in July in Michigan...I think. Anyone know any truth behind that statement. He mentioned some guy's name...Rick or Rich I think.

not according to Rick Allen..

In an interview with the Rock Titan web site conducted this past week, DEF LEPPARD drummer Rick Allen shot down speculation about a 2018 tour with JOURNEY, saying (see video below):

"I don't think that tour is gonna happen. It's something that's been talked about, but I'm not sure anything has ever really been finalized. But I hope that, you know, we'll get to hear something in the not-too-distant future."

The so-called confirmation by Rick Allen is elephant poop. I too believed it until a friend of mine said it wasn't really an update. The quote of Rick Allen was corrected. The tour is a GO with all tour dates listed until October.

All the best to them...and to Arnel. At least Steve didn't himself to be just a commodity to be used like...cheap perfume...sorry.

:wink:
Last edited by bellairepark73 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:43 am

By the way...the irrelevant douch-bag now has over 5k subscribers (NOT including me), and over 450 videos (probably more) and says the most stupidest things and thinks he knows all (ie: How Steve Perry Saved His Voice, and Steve Perry The Opera Singer?). That last video (Steve Perry The Opera Singer) is just so...wrong...on so many levels. Any knowledgeable person of vocals would have told him the "opera singer" was right BUT WRONG. The person got his facts BACKWARDS!!!

Dummy.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 am

The so-called Real Music Observer whose finger I want to chop off now...says he called the Def Leopard/JRNY tour months ago. Umm...I seem to remember that THIS forum and you gentlemen and ladies did...way ahead of him. Please correct me if I am wrong.

...and Neal has UNblocked him on Twitter.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Abitaman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 am

Never heard of him.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Greg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 am

He was in an internet fight with Neal Schon for awhile, now they seem to be best buds. He has done a complete 180 as to how he feels about Schon. Maybe it was to get more subscribers and views?
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:17 am

What a truly delusional pathetic wanker this guy is. He now has a video where he is comparing himself to Steve Lukather as they are both subject to attacks from cowardly internet trolls. Luke is a genuine guitar session Legend.This guy is a fucking nobody with an inflated ego.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby journel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:34 am

i think dave eats too much soy that made him so fickle minded like a girl, therefore...if a man is lacking or low on testosetorone...they shouldn't be taken seriously! :twisted:
journel
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:47 am

journel wrote:i think dave eats too much soy that made him so fickle minded like a girl, therefore...if a man is lacking or low on testosetorone...they shouldn't be taken seriously! :twisted:

Someone did a parody of him -
UnrealMusicObserver - Dave becomes informed on LRB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... CAGf0Bzj1c
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 pm

The smuck actually did a video about The Truth of Steve Perry's Personal Demons. Ok...EVERYONE has them but why air it unless this Dave guy is also the very type of fan he claims to be at odds with! I mean its almost every...other...video!!! Come up for air dude! He is trying to skip the line to credibility that people like Andrew, Mitch and John Beudin posess through hard work and dedication and...umm...let's see...oh YES...integrity.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:38 am

bellairepark73 wrote:The smuck actually did a video about The Truth of Steve Perry's Personal Demons. Ok...EVERYONE has them but why air it unless this Dave guy is also the very type of fan he claims to be at odds with! I mean its almost every...other...video!!! Come up for air dude! He is trying to skip the line to credibility that people like Andrew, Mitch and John Beudin posess through hard work and dedication and...umm...let's see...oh YES...integrity.

I heard he's still begging for money, from people watching his videos :?:
Here's an idea, quit watching his videos and tell everyone to boycott his channel. :wink:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Next

Return to Journey