Smitty Interview 1/15/2018

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Smitty Interview 1/15/2018

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:05 am

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Smitty Interview 1/15/2018

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 am

Nice interview.

SInce the safe bet is that Journey's playlist won't change much this year, aside from his La Do Da drum solo, you'll see a more inspiring performance during one of his Vital Information performances. Get to one of his upcoming shows if you have the chance.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 am

Journey used to be lean, mean, rocking machine... now its Smitty's Jazz stuff that feels that way..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:47 am

In his career, Smith has enjoyed the best of both worlds. He may have to play Journey’s classic hits — like “Lights,” “Faithfully,” “Don’t Stop Believing,’” “Who’s Crying Now” and “Separate Ways” — the same way night after night because that’s what the music and the fans demand, but that’s offset by the improvisational jazz of Vital Information and the music he creates with other master musicians he collaborates with, including San Anselmo’s great Indian tabla virtuoso Zakir Hussain. It’s that balance thing again.

“Playing with Journey isn’t boring for me because I know that in a couple of months I’ll be playing with my band and doing a lot of improvising,” he explains. “I have a very balanced schedule.”

So his balance is 6 months of playing creatively with others who share his passion, and 6 months of cashing in the big check to play on auto-pilot with a couple of arrogant, smacked asses. :roll:
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:50 am

Went to his show to see HIS band Vital Information NYC Edition in NYC last year. Wow. To say he was amazing is...really too big of an understatement.

Previously saw Journey in July of same year. The two musicians that stood out: Jon and Smitty. (IMO)
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Return to Journey