Postby scarab » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:47 am

actually TNC bailed so long from here some thought he was dead.... :shock:
thankfully he is alive and kicking! :D
scarab
Cassette Tape

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 am

Tomulator wrote:A few points...

1) I'll post whatever and wherever I feel like it. Deal with it.

You posted an off-the-wall and frankly, ridiculous idea and I gave my opinion. Perry is not coming back. To bring this up in every Journey-related topic is beyond comical at this point. Especially when there is actual REAL news of founding member Rolie being back.

Tomulator wrote:2) NS has intimated that he's open to a broader scope with this JTT lineup...that is where my idea came from. It is relevant, appropriate to bring up, and makes total sense. No wonder it doesn't resonate with you...

You said you want a SP band that would perform "ENTIRELY new material." JTT is about playing OLDER songs that Cain/Valory won't allow NS to play. You are just shoe-horning SP worship into a thread where it doesn't belong.

Tomulator wrote:3) Do you have a job or something else you're supposed to do all day? You seem to be constantly on these pages, acting like some "authority" (which you clearly are NOT), and frequently attacking other posters trying to minimize their input. Kind of creepy...

:shock:

Nah, I’m on disability. Hurt my hip while hiking in Hawaii.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:49 am

scarab wrote:actually TNC bailed so long from here some thought he was dead.... :shock:
thankfully he is alive and kicking! :D

Thanks Scarab. Correct. I barely post at all these days. At least this new Neal Journey side-project gives us something to discuss.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:50 am

scarab wrote:I just can't wait to hear/see Rolie/Schon play the "old stuff". And deen singing them? wow.
I would love to hear Next, with Deen and Rolie trade off vocals.
And Deen doing Sweet and Simple...
Die hard fans...Wont even give a damn that they dont do DSB. I sure wouldn't.
I should have bought tickets, but as they are playing a 1000 or less seater, that was impossible, I think they sold out in minutes.
I just hope all the songs get uploaded to youtube.

I feel the same. 100%
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Tomulator » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:52 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Tomulator wrote:A few points...

1) I'll post whatever and wherever I feel like it. Deal with it.

You posted an off-the-wall and frankly, ridiculous idea and I gave my opinion. Perry is not coming back. To bring this up in every Journey-related topic is beyond comical at this point. Especially when there is actual REAL news of founding member Rolie being back.

Tomulator wrote:2) NS has intimated that he's open to a broader scope with this JTT lineup...that is where my idea came from. It is relevant, appropriate to bring up, and makes total sense. No wonder it doesn't resonate with you...

You said you want a SP band that would perform "ENTIRELY new material." JTT is about playing OLDER songs that Cain/Valory won't allow NS to play. You are just shoe-horning SP worship into a thread where it doesn't belong.

Tomulator wrote:3) Do you have a job or something else you're supposed to do all day? You seem to be constantly on these pages, acting like some "authority" (which you clearly are NOT), and frequently attacking other posters trying to minimize their input. Kind of creepy...

:shock:

Nah, I’m on disability. Hurt my hip while hiking in Hawaii.

I bet you can't sing.
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 am

Tomulator wrote:I bet you can't sing.

Wrong.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Tomulator » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:55 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Tomulator wrote:I bet you can't sing.

Wrong.

Right. :mrgreen:
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:57 am

Tomulator wrote:
Right. :mrgreen:

Ok. Truce. Sorry this Journey spin-off doesn't get you excited, man. I hope it doesn't fall to the wayside like other Neal projects.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Tomulator » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 am

Fair enough.

For the record, I am not against this JTT lineup/show. I just had a different, offshoot idea...that was all.
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby steveo777 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Tomulator wrote:Fair enough.

For the record, I am not against this JTT lineup/show. I just had a different, offshoot idea...that was all.

Well it was stupid. Don't do that shit again. :mrgreen:
steveo777
MP3

Postby Tomulator » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Ideas will not be tolerated around here!

:P
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby Lora » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:04 am

I'm going and I'm really looking forward to it. Last time they dangled the "Neal & Gregg together again" carrot in front of me was at Journey's last show at AT&T Park. Did I see Gregg? Nope. Was I pissed? Still am. :evil:

Gregg better be at this gig. :lol:
Lora
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Lora wrote:I'm going and I'm really looking forward to it. Last time they dangled the "Neal & Gregg together again" carrot in front of me was at Journey's last show at AT&T Park. Did I see Gregg? Nope. Was I pissed? Still am. :evil:

Grab a sound byte or two for us droolers.
Most importantly have fun and enjoy.
If Rolie is a no-show, throw a chair at Schon for us. :lol: :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:04 pm

tater1977 wrote:
Lora wrote:I'm going and I'm really looking forward to it. Last time they dangled the "Neal & Gregg together again" carrot in front of me was at Journey's last show at AT&T Park. Did I see Gregg? Nope. Was I pissed? Still am. :evil:

Deen's tech tweeted a photo of Rolie rehearsing with the guys, so I think your good.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 am

nealschonTo all the fans and friends We are looking forward to playing this Friday! See you all there and thank you for all your support for Fire Relief victims. We will have Event T shirts 1000 of them 500 where donated by @livenation thank you ! And signed Posters by Gregg Deen Marco John and myself - All money will go to Victims
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:56 am

I would go see it.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Lora » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
tater1977 wrote:

Deen's tech tweeted a photo of Rolie rehearsing with the guys, so I think your good.

I'm starting to feel more confident that Gregg will be there now. Thanks.
Lora
8 Track

Postby Jana » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 pm

This sounds amazing.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Jana » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Tomulator wrote:To me, this is a golden opportunity for NS to "piggyback" off of Journey with a new lineup...I suggest the following.

- NS, Rollie, Smitty, and either Randy Jackson or Ross should pitch a new band idea to SP. This band would be the next "phase" of Journey...too bad "Arrival" as a band name is already been taken...the band would have a new name/identity.

- The idea behind this new band would be to write and perform ENTIRELY new material...written explicitly around SP's vocal abilities...as they are TODAY. There would be allowed NO falling back to old Journey material...this band would operate as it's own entity, almost like a sequal to a movie. An entirely new thing.

- Touring could likewise be tailored to the desires/abilities of the collective members...tour material would be EXCLUSIVELY the newly penned material...NO "dirty dozen" to be played...and be up front about it!

I think, if pitched to Perry in this way, he may bite on it. Think about it, it solves what I believe is (and has been) the main reason SP left the stage...diminished vocal range. New material would allow that issue to be addressed.

Finally, I believe that a NS/SP colloboration (i.e., a "new" Journey for a new age) would still carry enough weight to be successful. The vast majority of Journey fans want to see a lineup with SP again...this idea would allow that to happen and for SP to "save face" given his reduced vocal abilities these days.

A man can dream can't he? 8)

Steve Perry can't even manage to put out an album he's been working on it feels like for ten years, and you think he would actually go out and do some kind of tour or appearances all on new material written with Neal and Gregg? There's being a dreamer and then there's being downright delusional. I think you fall into the latter category.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Greg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:14 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:What Neal is forgetting is that the Dead and Phish fans would attend their shows fully expecting a 4+ hour jam session. That's not what the average ticket buying Journey fan is out for these days, especially if the show is made up of Pre-Perry songs that they're not even aware of.

Good concept for hard core fans, but a hard sell for the ticket buyers.

I don't understand. Most of the fans that bought these tickets KNOW about the Pre-Perry and the 3 Pre-Cain albums. That's why those tickets sold out in 5 minutes. Heck, I came into Journey (with Steve Perry) fandom late and even Iknow about and actually bought all 3 of them. Do I like them more than Infinity, Departure and Evolution? No. But are they good? Yeah, very good.

And the fact that the show sold out quickly should queue people in that maybe there's more fans of the earlier stuff than what people realized, and they're not necessarily tied to the latest version of Journey. I think Schon is OK with cutting Cain loose. Why would he not be? He was OK cutting Perry loose and rolling with Augeri, he can do the same for Cain and Valory.

Will be interesting to see what happens on the Cain side of this. Personally, I love the idea of there being two versions of Journey. Let the best version win!
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:35 am

pretty sure Perry cut Perry loose...

Infinity and Departure are my 2 favorite Journey albums... the vocal combo of Greg and Perry was magical.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:55 am

If Neal and Gregg had a show in the Detroit area, I would go.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:17 pm

NEAL SCHON MUSIC‏ @NealSchonMusic

https://twitter.com/NealSchonMusic/stat ... 5172000770
The Independent SF tomorrow night. C U there

- if you enlarge the photo and flip it around, you can see a partial setlist.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 pm

tater1977 wrote:NEAL SCHON MUSIC‏ @NealSchonMusic

https://twitter.com/NealSchonMusic/stat ... 5172000770
The Independent SF tomorrow night. C U there

- if you enlarge the photo and flip it around, you can see a partial setlist.

very cool, looks like this is leaning to the first 3 albums w/o Perry, only Perry song I saw until it blurred was Walks like a lady (and maybe Majestic)
Now they said there would be "special guests" and Neal even said they would do WLAL specifically at the RR HOF cause he knew Perry could still sing it. hmmm..... :D

Okay I am thinking I see Wheel in the Sky, Separate Ways :shock: , And Lights (another song Perry can do). Cant make out last song.
Last edited by scarab on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:42 pm

scarab wrote:very cool, looks like this is leaning to the first 3 albums w/o Perry, only Perry song I saw until it blurred was Walks like a lady (and maybe Majestic)
Now they said there would be "special guests" and Neal even said they would do WLAL specifically at the RR HOF cause he knew Perry could still sing it. hmmm..... :D

I think I see "Wheel in the Sky" and "Lights" on there too.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:02 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
scarab wrote:very cool, looks like this is leaning to the first 3 albums w/o Perry, only Perry song I saw until it blurred was Walks like a lady (and maybe Majestic)

I think I see "Wheel in the Sky" and "Lights" on there too.

Yeah wish we could see a close up of the 1st setlist too.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:30 am

Not sure why he would have Separate Ways on there. Deeno on Twitter says they are filming a DVD.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:19 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Not sure why he would have Separate Ways on there. Deeno on Twitter says they are filming a DVD.

Hope so. Looks like they have enough for a 2 set DVD.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:00 am

Playing Cain-era stuff like SW is a big F-U to Cain. I love it.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Playing Cain-era stuff like SW is a big F-U to Cain. I love it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
tater1977
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Journey